The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands 2 > BL2 General Discussion (No Spoilers!)

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 18th, 2012, 12:13 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
botman
GBX

Default Local Co-OP on PC just *might* be possible.

So, do you remember how Randy said that with Borderlands 2 we would be treating it as more of a "hobby" of sorts and keep adding things to the game? I know that a lot of people want splitscreen or some other method to play Co-Op locally on a PC. I want that too. Unfortunately, we didn't have enough time and resources to work out some technical issues that we had with fully supporting splitscreen on the PC, but I've been working on something in my spare time that might make it possible to play Co-Op locally on the PC.

If I can get things to work, this would be a completely unofficial and unsupported "hack" to enable local Co-Op on the PC. I don't have things fully working yet, and I'm still trying to overcome some problems with some things that are beyond our control, but I am still working on a possible solution.

Even if I can come up with something, it probably won't be "pretty" (sort of an evil hack), but I think things will be functional for most people.

I'm not promising anything at this point. Notice that I said *might* in the subject of this thread, but there is hope.

I will provide more information later if I am able to successfully get local Co-Op fully working on the PC.

Stay tuned.

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?" - Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Old August 18th, 2012, 12:16 PM   #2
testier

Default Re: Local Co-OP on PC just *might* be possible.

Thanks Botman, although I would not be benefiting through it.
Old August 18th, 2012, 12:17 PM   #3
baakfahnyuu
mistabobdobalina

noble you are, botman!
will stay tuned and g'luck with it!
Old August 18th, 2012, 12:23 PM   #4
deathwings51
Occult + Demolition :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by botman View Post
So, do you remember how Randy said that with Borderlands 2 we would be treating it as more of a "hobby" of sorts and keep adding things to the game? I know that a lot of people want splitscreen or some other method to play Co-Op locally on a PC. I want that too. Unfortunately, we didn't have enough time and resources to work out some technical issues that we had with fully supporting splitscreen on the PC, but I've been working on something in my spare time that might make it possible to play Co-Op locally on the PC.

If I can get things to work, this would be a completely unofficial and unsupported "hack" to enable local Co-Op on the PC. I don't have things fully working yet, and I'm still trying to overcome some problems with some things that are beyond our control, but I am still working on a possible solution.

Even if I can come up with something, it probably won't be "pretty" (sort of an evil hack), but I think things will be functional for most people.

I'm not promising anything at this point. Notice that I said *might* in the subject of this thread, but there is hope.

I will provide more information later if I am able to successfully get local Co-Op fully working on the PC.

Stay tuned.
And THAT is how GBX replies True class.

The idea is to fu*ck sh*t up on a level sh*t has not been fu*ked up before

Old August 18th, 2012, 12:28 PM   #5
Mikhailian
First Access Club Member

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.
Old August 18th, 2012, 12:35 PM   #6
Handsome Jack
The Villain

Not a PC gamer myself but this is awesome. Even just letting people know you're trying a few things (which may ultimately fail in the end) to get co-op on the PC working is nice.
*Insert clapping gif of choice*
Old August 18th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #7
AffordableTediore
Wiccan

Yes this is very good news for pc gamers. Thanks man! We really appreciate the hard work!
Old August 18th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #8
Wolfkin
Triumph rider

That almost makes me want to put up with the bullsh** that is international flight today just so I can get to Dallas and buy you a beer or two.

Will be following this eagerly.
Old August 18th, 2012, 02:05 PM   #9
Kantham
CookedPCConsole'd

Awesome, and I hope you guys have a similarly accessible formula for unlocking the unofficial editor for us modders.

My life depends on it.
Old August 18th, 2012, 02:12 PM   #10
Mattoopie
Borderlands Fan

Great job botman! I wont be using but you guys are doing an absolutely awesome job!
Closed Thread