The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old August 21st, 2012, 03:48 PM   #1
el expl0siv0
FREE BIRD!

Default Daily challenges?

I was never really all that crazy about Halo games until Reach for many reasons, one of which was Reach's daily and weekly challenges. Red Dead Redemption had a similar system also. I think this system would work very well in Borderlands. And this system may even give endgame players something to do. Challenges could include "kill 100 skags today," or "phaselock and detonate 10 midgets today" or "complete 20 quests this week" etc.
Rewards could be xp, skins, random guns, heck, maybe even all those and more just to keep things fresh. I think a system like this, when it comes down to it, helps keep the player on their toes and may even ask them to mix up their play style as everyday is different.
I know the game has gone gold but I could see something like this being patched in, so it's never too late! Look at BF3 multiplayer for example, they didn't start with those "assignments." This may not appeal to everyone but I like these sorts of incentives to do this, that, or the other thing.
el expl0siv0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2012, 03:55 PM   #2
Mattoopie
Borderlands Fan

Default Re: Daily challenges?

There are repeatable challenges that reward badass ranks and they are unlimited resulting in unlimited stat boosts. This will surely keep you busy if you want to solo Terramorphous.
I dont really like the idea of time based challenges...but still thanks for posting
Mattoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2012, 04:03 PM   #3
plr
I have a rocket launcher

As much as I don't like EA, I think that their multiplayer challenges in Mass Effect 3 (like kill 1M of goliaths) were quite entertaining.
So, no to the random daily/weekly challenges with exp/items rewards and yes to big events, where community must achieve various goals to unlock some really epic rewards.

Last edited by plr; August 21st, 2012 at 04:06 PM.
plr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2012, 04:14 PM   #4
IWolfieI

Quote:
Originally Posted by plr View Post
As much as I don't like EA, I think that their multiplayer challenges in Mass Effect 3 (like kill 1M of goliaths) were quite entertaining.
So, no to the random daily/weekly challenges with exp/items rewards and yes to big events, where community must achieve various goals to unlock some really epic rewards.
Off topic: That had nothing to do with EA Bioware is a company under EA but it had nothing to do with EA it was all Bioware, just making sure you know ^^

On topic: It'd be interesting, but i think it'd be better if they were weekly because that leaves us with more time to do them and gives them more time to set them up and make sure the system works.
IWolfieI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2012, 04:27 PM   #5
Pinchsmokey
Jakobs Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWolfieI View Post
On topic: It'd be interesting, but i think it'd be better if they were weekly because that leaves us with more time to do them and gives them more time to set them up and make sure the system works.
IF a system like this is implemented, ^^this.

But as it is, i think there is going to be MORe than enough to keep us busy for a long while with badass ranks, not to mention the mechromancer coming soon after launch.

ToxicKookie: "People who buy on impulse have waived their right to be disappointed."
Pinchsmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2012, 04:44 PM   #6
iluspook
Voluntary Playtester

I like this idea. If ya miss a week, no biggie, but it gives even MORE incentive to keep playing, and keeps things fresh, because focused goals define more purpose to what otherwise may have simply been another grind, or Terra run.
iluspook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2012, 04:56 PM   #7
CVG
WANNA EAT YOUR BABIES!

I loved that in Reach until it got to be the same every week pretty much. It would be neat in borderlands 2. That being said, borderlands had a crazy amount of little things like that in the game. With badass ranking I would bet that count of challenges tripled. It would be great to have that. Like that idea
CVG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2012, 07:21 PM   #8
x CL4P TP
The Best Around

It would be cool if they did kind of what GoW3 did as in all people get a free skin every once in a while like maybe every 1 week to 1 month.

Siren Level 61
Commando Level 50
Assassin Level 50
Gunzerker Level 50
Mechromancer Level 50
x CL4P TP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2012, 09:26 PM   #9
Alex777
Unlimited Luck

I like this idea. If they did do it, cool. If not, Not much of a difference. I'll be farming my badass rank.

Thanks Tom12121112 for the "Masher"
Overly Kick-Ass Dramatizations Of Everyone
Alex777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2012, 09:46 PM   #10
Mad Hatter
20% Cooler

I would rather have random, infinite, miscellaneous quests a la Skyrim instead of daily or weekly challenges. Not that the challenges wouldn't also be cool.
Mad Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote