The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old September 17th, 2012, 05:20 PM   #1
back2basics7

Default Maya Elemental/AOE build progression

Now that I have my build more or less established and have noticed many other builds similar to mine on the forums, I was wondering how everyone is going about progressing through your skill trees as you level.

First off here's My Build

Since most elemental/aoe builds are going to revolve around maxing the cata tree then dipping into the motion tree for converge, you really have two options here. 1. Go straight into cata to get to your game changer Ruin asap (lvl 31 i believe) This maxes your elemental/aoe DPS while leveling at the cost of CC 2. The other option is to start in the motion tree and invest your first 11 skill points here up until converge before going down the cata tree. This would max your CC at the costs of some elemental/aoe early on.

I'm still trying to decide which route to go. I would really like to have Ruin around the end of my first playthrough (lvl 30-35) but I may have an easier time leveling with converge. What are your guys' plans for skill progression with your cata/motion Mayas?
back2basics7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2012, 06:33 PM   #2
bigdug13

Default Re: Maya Elemental/AOE build progression

Here's how I will approach every character in BL2. Spend your first 5 points on whatever tier 1 skill will be the most fun and effective. After that, look at what would be the most fun first 10 points to spend, which could be two tier 1 skills or a tier 1 and 2 progression, which may require a respec. After that, look at what tier 3 game changer you want first, then respec as required. Then do whatever you want until level 31, then respec into your preferred top tier game changer.
bigdug13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2012, 08:41 PM   #3
Reddimus

I'm going to go through my deepest tree first and pepper it with complementing skills along the way. Things like Accelerate and Sweet Release having high priority. Maybe keep Sweet Release at 1 or 2 early on, as it should still be pretty decent.

Last edited by Reddimus; September 17th, 2012 at 08:45 PM.
Reddimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2012, 09:21 PM   #4
smudgepot
First Access Club Member

For the OP.

First off, I would recommend against Blight in your build since it pretty much requires you to be in melee range for it to be effective and that is not Lilith's strong suit.

2nd, I also favor getting your big impact skills first and then the ones that modify your already learned skills can be peppered in as you level.

I find that usually the 1st 10 levels can have their points spent however you want but I usually try and have the meat of my skills by levels 25-30. Fyi, this will also be the time that I turn in my golden key for a special weapon since saving the key till level 50 will more than likely give me a weapon that isnt as good as what I already have and mid-levels is where a super weapon is needed most.

For the curious, my build:
http://talent.87bazillion.com/2/sire...00005000000000
smudgepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2012, 11:40 PM   #5
back2basics7

I've been debating whether I should take Blight or not. Chain reaction seems like it could be a suitable replacement. It's one of those things that I'll have to play the game to figure out if its worth getting or not.
back2basics7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 08:14 PM   #6
Acoustic Rob

For whatever it's worth, I'm starting with the Motion tree with my Maya; ten points in Ward and Accelerate are good bread & butter survivability and DPS skills anyway, so it's not like you're spending points on pure filler before Converge opens up.

Also, there are skills early in the Cataclysm tree like Helios and Cloud Kill which will probably interact with Converge in interesting ways.