The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands 2 > BL2 Fan Creations > Art & Fiction

Old September 18th, 2012, 01:13 AM   #1
jaredhite1
First Access Club Member

Default BL2 difficulty slider - Play in SP with 2-4 player difficulty

I have updated the Borderlands 4-player tool to work with Borderlands 2. You must download the latest version for it to work, but the latest version works with both Borderlands 1 and Borderlands 2.

An interesting bit of trivia...As I hoped, suspected, but dared not expect, the 4-player memory location looked exactly the same as it did in BL1. I burst out in laughter when the old tool worked after simply changing "Borderlands" to "Borderlands2".

I tested by getting my butt absolutely kicked. I immediately noticed a difference in the difficulty of enemies, and they kept hitting me in the pause screen (which indicates that there multiple players in the game.) I also used up all my ammo and died, so I'm not sure I can recommend this tool for use early in the game.

You can download the tool and the C# source from Willow Shrubbery, at http://myborderlands.com/FourPlayers.aspx. If you're a programmer and have some changes you'd like to make, please work with me on them rather than forking it and releasing your own version. If the server is down for some reason, you can download it from a mirror here or here.

Please keep in mind that this not in any way a supported solution, and it was done without knowing how the game works. Maybe BL2 is so hard that nobody will want to use it, or maybe it causes overleveling or crashes and save corruptions. I don't believe it does those things but we won't know for sure for another week or so. So if you do use it, watch your level, backup your saves, keep an eye out for weird stuff, and report problems.

Also note that this is a memory hack. As such, don't do anything foolish like keeping it open while playing games that use anti-cheat software like Team Fortress 2. Those programs work like virus scanners and it is theoretically possible they would notice that this program searches and changes memory and detect it as a cheat. However, BL1/BL2 don't use VAC or any other anti-cheat software so it's safe to use for now.

Happy dying.

TheAdipose was kind enough to make a very accurate and thorough video tutorial for this which nicely demonstrates its use and effect.

Last edited by jaredhite1; October 14th, 2012 at 01:57 AM.
jaredhite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 01:17 AM   #2
aether seraph
pimp

Default Re: [First BL2 Mod!] 4-player tool - Play in SP with 4-player difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredhite1 View Post
Happy dying.
that is in serious risk of getting sig'd^
Old September 18th, 2012, 01:21 AM   #3
epoa
CEO of Corazza

Send a message via Skype™ to epoa
Default Re: [First BL2 Mod!] 4-player tool - Play in SP with 4-player difficulty

You would...

BL2 non-duped, non-always drop, non-armory exploited Legendary Count; 83
The bird of hermes is my name, eating my wings to keep me tame.
epoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 01:28 AM   #4
baakfahnyuu
mistabobdobalina

awesome job, Jaredhite! good stuff
baakfahnyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 01:51 AM   #5
NOLAftw
hi

Send a message via Skype™ to NOLAftw

Awesome!
Old September 18th, 2012, 01:54 AM   #6
Psychichazard
lR0N PAWS

Send a message via Skype™ to Psychichazard

I <3 you.

Submit a support request: CLICK HERE

Sign the Pledge! Gamers Against Bigotry

R.I.P. Magical2099
Psychichazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 02:02 AM   #7
Red_Rain
Rainmaker

making the game harder before even playing

Sig by Moogle
Red_Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 03:56 AM   #8
Bobby1234

Mirrored this for you on Borderlands 2 Informer - http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/b...mod/45780.html
Bobby1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 06:32 AM   #9
Scottes
Elemental Scientist

Jaredhite, you rock. Many thanks.

PS: Your sig still points to the BL1 version, if you care.

Last edited by Scottes; September 18th, 2012 at 06:34 AM.
Scottes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 08:43 AM   #10
Jabberwock xeno
s6 wannabe/Gun collecter

Haha, it's only been like 6 hours

Guns I want/willing to trade for: Level 65 or above Patton, Nailer, Sentinel, T.K.s wave, Leviathan, Lady finger, Blister, Elephant gun, Dove-hornet hybrid, The spy (body 5, vector acc)
Ned's SMG, level 68 max stats Wee wee's super booster
Jabberwock xeno is offline   Reply With Quote