The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old September 18th, 2012, 01:24 AM   #1
Skyyplum
First Access Club Member

Default Shift Code?

I signed up for Shift when starting up Borderlands 2 on Xbox 360. It asks for a shift code but I never got one. Anyone else having this problem?
Skyyplum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 01:29 AM   #2
CleetisVanDamme

Default Re: Shift Code?

It took a bit but I just got an e-mail to verify my account, I imagine the code will come next, but if the wait on the first e-mail is any indication it might be a few.
CleetisVanDamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 01:36 AM   #3
Skyyplum
First Access Club Member

Yeah, same thing here and still haven't got the code. I really want to start playing but I want to put this code in before I do.
Old September 18th, 2012, 01:53 AM   #4
CleetisVanDamme

Also, it gives you a golden key, is that separate from the one you get from pre-ordering, so will we have 2 keys once the premiere club stuff is sorted out, anyone know?
CleetisVanDamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 01:57 AM   #5
Badnews

You dont have to enter the code to get the golden key you get it when you put in your email... read the message
Badnews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 02:07 AM   #6
Skyyplum
First Access Club Member

It just said I already authorized my email but nothing else.
Old September 18th, 2012, 11:16 AM   #7
Genruh

Don't wait for a shift code.

Quote:
you will just be able to register for Shift. codes have to be earned or found apparently.

"Gearbox Software Shift is described as an online account service, where players can "redeem Shift Codes to unlock exclusive content for Borderlands 2." The manual goes one further by hinting at a Golden Loot Chest in the game whose contents are "only available through something called a 'Shift Code.'"

Elsewhere, the codes in question are referred to as "Gearbox Software Shift Codes," rather than specifically for Borderlands 2, implying that other Gearbox titles may become part of this infrastructure. So far, no related web site exists for sign-ups, and other details about potential Shift features haven't yet been posted; while it may resemble third-party in-game reward services like Ubisoft's U-Play, it could also resemble the Gearbox Labs data accumulation service.

The only way Gearbox has officially acknowledged Shift thus far is in a forum posting by Gearbox Community Manager Chris Faylor:

"Attending a Gearbox event is just one example of the many ways we could possibly distribute such codes. I can't imagine us limiting distribution to physical proximity, especially with such a passionate community located all throughout the world."

Update: A 2K Games representative has clarified that Gearbox Shift is "simillar to Rockstar's Social Club," allowing players to redeem in-game digital material and interact with each other. "We're not talking about any future games this feature will be available for," the rep continued, "but it likely will be integrated into others.""
Genruh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 11:19 AM   #8
iluspook
Voluntary Playtester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyyplum View Post
It just said I already authorized my email but nothing else.
I can confirm that, if you linked your profile to your shift account, that's all you need to do. You will not get a shift code for your key...you simply need to start a new character in the game and you'll get a message informing you of the key.
iluspook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #9
jovenal
Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluspook View Post
I can confirm that, if you linked your profile to your shift account, that's all you need to do. You will not get a shift code for your key...you simply need to start a new character in the game and you'll get a message informing you of the key.
I am not sure if that is correct. I thought people that had joined the Premiere Club (preorder) already get 1 Golden Key. I also thought that people on this board already stated that they have 2 Golden Keys (one from Preorder, one for registering for Shift). I've registered and I had BL2 on preorder, so shouldn't I have 2 Golden Keys? I only saw 1 when I created my first character. Please clarify if you can, thanks!
jovenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 01:58 PM   #10
WastelandWanderer
Giant

I can confirm that registering for Shift gives you a golden key.

I just loaded up borderlands 2 and registered and after a couple minutes under "my offers" appeared a "welcome to shift!" message saying I've received a golden key! So, with the Premier Club that does indeed make 2 keys.

interesting upon starting up my game I got a popup ingame saying I had 3 golden key(s).... so premier club makes 1, shift makes 2 and this is just a guess linking my steam account to shift makes 3? (I'm not sure where the 3rd key came from..)

Last edited by WastelandWanderer; September 18th, 2012 at 02:17 PM. Reason: extra key...
WastelandWanderer is offline   Reply With Quote