The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old September 18th, 2012, 06:11 AM   #1
RenaFuse
First Access Club Member

Thumbs up [Deleted]

Deleted due to constant bashing by others.

Last edited by RenaFuse; September 30th, 2012 at 12:34 AM.
Old September 18th, 2012, 06:14 AM   #2
MrDingleBerry
banned

Default Re: [Config]Optimized Settings for Borderlands2 on High-end PC

Um... High End rig?

I don't even consider my rig high end, yet I'm running the game maxed with high physX and getting 60FPS constant and stable.

GTX 670FTW
8gb Ram 1600
1680x1050

FYI it's your card that's causing your issues... AMD cards are having alot of issues, game wasn't optimized very well for them, if you just turned PhysX to low(not sure if you already have) you'd get your 60fps with everything else maxed or close too, at least that's what others are saying who are using AMD cards.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/sh...d.php?t=148497
Link

Last edited by MrDingleBerry; September 18th, 2012 at 06:19 AM.
Old September 18th, 2012, 06:26 AM   #3
Christown
Siren

PC's are too broad of a range to say this will fix issues for everyone.

Last edited by Christown; September 18th, 2012 at 06:29 AM.
Old September 18th, 2012, 06:27 AM   #4
RenaFuse
First Access Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDingleBerry View Post
Um... High End rig?

I don't even consider my rig high end, yet I'm running the game maxed with high physX and getting 60FPS constant and stable.

GTX 670FTW
8gb Ram 1600
1680x1050

FYI it's your card that's causing your issues... AMD cards are having alot of issues, game wasn't optimized very well for them, if you just turned PhysX to low(not sure if you already have) you'd get your 60fps with everything else maxed or close too, at least that's what others are saying who are using AMD cards.

Link
Obviously you know nothing about game config tweaking and even less about video-cards and computer optimization(aka Removing all bottlenecks... but this isn't the place to have his discussion.

Now this config makes everything load faster including the streaming textures which before they were slow and glitchy to load when you were moving fast, turning around and or in combat. Try it if you don't believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christown View Post
Sorry, but how can you call a 6870 "high-end"?
It's a rare limited edition of the card which sapphire tweaked the hell out of it and it runs like a beast of a card!

Last edited by RenaFuse; September 18th, 2012 at 06:29 AM.
Old September 18th, 2012, 06:34 AM   #5
MMRhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDingleBerry View Post
Um... High End rig?

GTX 670FTW
8gb Ram 1600
1680x1050

Link
I'd say a 670 is pretty high end... And the CPU looks decent as well.
Old September 18th, 2012, 06:34 AM   #6
cannondale06

a 6870 is not high end at all at this point especially for trying to run 1920x1080. that said, this game is not very demanding without hardware physx so I don't know why you had to come up with some special config. my gpu is slower than yours and ran max settings with physx on low just fine at 1920x1080 pegged at 60 fps.
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit || 2500K@4.4 with Corsair A70 || MSI P67A-G45 || EVGA GTX560 SE || G.SKILL Ripjaws 4x4GB DDR3 1600 || Samsung F3 1TB || HAF 912 || Corsair TX650 V2 || Sound Blaster Recon3D || Dell S2409W
Old September 18th, 2012, 06:43 AM   #7
RenaFuse
First Access Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannondale06 View Post
a 6870 is not high end at all at this point especially for trying to run 1920x1080. that said, this game is not very demanding without hardware physx. -snip-
I beg to differ watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go8Yx37JHZw oh and that game in the video on this rig is way more demanding then BL2

Last edited by RenaFuse; September 18th, 2012 at 06:46 AM.
Old September 18th, 2012, 06:46 AM   #8
Salvador.
2 Guns > 1 gun

Quote:
a 6870 is not high end at all at this point especially for trying to run 1920x1080. that said, this game is not very demanding without hardware physx so I don't know why you had to come up with some special config. my gpu is slower than yours and ran max settings with physx on low just fine at 1920x1080 pegged at 60 fps.
High end does not mean the best GPU available.That would be stupid since there is a new best GPU every month or so.

High end means it caters to the gaming crowd looking for high video settings.And it does manage high video settings perfectly,if you disable the almost invisible but fps killing options like SSAO,Tesselation etc
Old September 18th, 2012, 06:50 AM   #9
cannondale06

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaFuse View Post
I beg to differ watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go8Yx37JHZw oh and that game in the video on this rig is way more demanding then BL2
beg to differ about what? your card was a mid range card when it came out and that is a fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvador. View Post
High end does not mean the best GPU available.That would be stupid since there is a new best GPU every month or so.

High end means it caters to the gaming crowd looking for high video settings.And it does manage high video settings perfectly,if you disable the almost invisible but fps killing options like SSAO,Tesselation etc
like I just told him, a 6870 was mid range even when it came out. its is NOT high end.
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit || 2500K@4.4 with Corsair A70 || MSI P67A-G45 || EVGA GTX560 SE || G.SKILL Ripjaws 4x4GB DDR3 1600 || Samsung F3 1TB || HAF 912 || Corsair TX650 V2 || Sound Blaster Recon3D || Dell S2409W

Last edited by cannondale06; September 18th, 2012 at 06:53 AM.
Old September 18th, 2012, 07:16 AM   #10
MrDingleBerry
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaFuse View Post
Obviously you know nothing about game config tweaking and even less about video-cards and computer optimization(aka Removing all bottlenecks... but this isn't the place to have his discussion.

Now this config makes everything load faster including the streaming textures which before they were slow and glitchy to load when you were moving fast, turning around and or in combat. Try it if you don't believe me.

It's a rare limited edition of the card which sapphire tweaked the hell out of it and it runs like a beast of a card!
Wow someones very touchy tonight...

Runs like a beast eh? Yet you need to tweak the settings to basically medicore, to run the game with decent FPS.

Ya ok bud...

Meanwhile I'll continue to play the game capped... You have fun now.

If you weren't such a dick, and just read what I linked without getting butthurt, you'd realize why your game wasn't running how you wanted it too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMRhino View Post
I'd say a 670 is pretty high end... And the CPU looks decent as well.
Well it's still pretty "current", but with how fast new tech comes out, nothing's really "high end" for more than a few months...

Like this Hiearchy chart just changes by the month.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ew,3107-7.html

Quote:
like I just told him, a 6870 was mid range even when it came out. its is NOT high end.
It's roughly Tier 6 for AMD cards currently, but his is a Fac OC'd version so prolly high T5...

Last edited by MrDingleBerry; September 18th, 2012 at 07:26 AM.
Closed Thread