The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old September 19th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #1
Jud64209

Default My Badass Rank Was Reset to 0

Good afternoon,

I started Borderlands 2 and loaded up my one and only save file and went to my menu screen, and my Badass Rank has been reduced back to 0. I have no Bonus Stats, but the challenges that I have done are still showing my progress.

I am a level 13 Assassin on my first play through and this is very upsetting. I was excited about playing the game, but now I've seen my Bonus stats have been reset, I am extremely discouraged.

Please message me or send me an email to tell me what I can do, or what might have happened.

My PSN ID: Jud64209
Jud64209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2012, 02:47 PM   #2
Hobbes84

Default Re: My Badass Rank Was Reset to 0

I am playing as player tw0, and my (n0t player 0ne's) p0ints were returned t0 zer0 as well. 0nly n0ticed it when I earned m0re BAPs and tried t0 add 0n t0 my existing p0ints.
Hobbes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #3
Crazytacoracer

The same thing happened to me as well. I am extremely pissed I spent 26 hours playing the game and had worked hard to get my badass rank up to 450+ and was really enjoying the benefits of the tokens. Then BAM from left field I get hit with this bullshit! So I called tech support and the in a manner told me that I was F***ed! And that they couldn't do anything for me. This sucks I'm mad as hell and feel cheated by the fact that I have to fall behind were all my friends are at and play through a story that already boarders on repetitive. And all to be told by the tech support "that sucks". Well I got news for you, YOU SUCK! There should be some kind of compensation for defective products. Were's my warranty mother F... I am sorry if anyone else out there has this problem but in the word of tech support, "ha ha, yah I guess your screwed"
Crazytacoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2012, 04:24 PM   #4
KOOLUIS
Zer0

They screwed the PS3 version again. The splitscreen is useless because the second player can't even properly log in to their accounts. Then when we log out and back in one of our character's are gone. WTF?! Then this. The Badass ranks are dissappearing. WTF x2 ?! They need to patch these issues by tomorrow because the complaints are rapidly increasing and gamers are not going to wait even more to play something that should've been playable when bought.
KOOLUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2012, 08:53 PM   #5
JackTres

Seems that if two players play split-screen under the same PS3 profile, the rank points go to player one once to exit the game. My girlfriend's Badass rank dropped to zero while mine steadily climbed. We started over, created a new profile for her, and now the points are sticking with her character.

Very rough start to this game. We've had to start over from scratch three times just to find the proper configuration: Two PS3 profiles, a character in each. There is no way for a new player to have intuited the need for this arrangement on his own. My first two days of BL2 have been fraught thanks to these split-screen mysteries.
JackTres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2012, 11:16 PM   #6
rocky1594

same thing for me and my brother. i LOVE borderlands and usually anything gearbox but i need my badassery to be ranked because its getting to the point where im falling behind duel-wise and thats just weaksauce. i grasp theres tons of small things to fix in your first patch, but please dont forget about one big thing for us local co-op ppl gearbox

PSN ID: rocky91090 need a zero character add me
rocky1594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 12:11 AM   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
JustinL
GBX Support

For split-screen, it is highly recommended that each player sign-in to their own system account. This will allow progress for both players to be saved.

If player 2 is signed in a as a guest, the 2nd player's challenge progress, Badass Rank, and stash will NOT be saved. Only the character itself.
JustinL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 03:28 AM   #8
RoeBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
For split-screen, it is highly recommended that each player sign-in to their own system account. This will allow progress for both players to be saved.

If player 2 is signed in a as a guest, the 2nd player's challenge progress, Badass Rank, and stash will NOT be saved. Only the character itself.
Yeah it's not the issue of the players progress NOT being saved rather it reset the progress on the original host. I wouldn't have been bothered if it didn't save the player 2's progress but it reset my rank but kept my challenges thus never allowing me to have as many tokens as someone else ever!
RoeBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 07:57 AM   #9
JackTres

Quote:

Good to know now, and I appreciate your taking the time to respond, but how are new players expected to have known to do this? There are no in-game advisories to this effect, and few people, if any, will intuit this on their own.

Hundreds of split-screen players are going to sit down for a first outing in Pandora, sink several consecutive hours into their first session, and later find it was all for nothing. Not a good first impression, you know?

Last edited by JackTres; September 20th, 2012 at 08:03 AM.
JackTres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #10
Kolhell
Bury the hatchet.

Quote:

Good suggestion, but I'd like to state that it took my girlfriend and I about an hour all told to get our first game up and running after noticing she listed as her own handle and cruising around the internet searching for a workaround. It pretty much ruined her initial experience with this game, as by the time we got everything moving she had lost interest. Very sloppily done.

Security Shock Trooper Commando
Kolhell is offline   Reply With Quote