The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old October 9th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #1101
Jayarih
Ignore me if you dare!

Default Re: Badass rank reset to 0, skins lost, but challenge progress remains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxyazn913 View Post
there are 2 xboxes at my house... my husband plays in the living room and i play in our bedroom... he got a new xbox not too long ago and the xbox he used before that, now im using it, has the BL 1 files... when i did the update on xbox, i loaded the game and then i noticed my BAR was gone... and then i checked my husband's, and its still there... its annoying cuz this is the 2nd time it happened and didnt happen to my husband... im guessing if you have BL1 saved , big chance you get reset

and the thing is we beat the game on true vault hunter mode last night!!!! :-( ... i was soo mad i was about to cry... i know people would tell me "ITS JUST A GAME" ... well i paid for the game, we got the ultimate loot chest and a deluxe ... i expected it to be not "glitchy" ... im still sad about my BAR being gone and my SKINS, AND HEADS, AND GOLDEN KEYS...
Unfortunately glitches happen,by the looks of it they are trying to fix it. Its pretty impossible to not have issues in any game, something is always bound to go wrong
Jayarih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2012, 02:00 PM   #1102
II UnReall II
Last Chance Watering Hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockneyCharmer View Post
Sadly that is not an option for Xbox 360 users....so it would be nice, if we had a response on the forums or via social media for something that we can do to resolve this or even an acknowledgement of the issues raised by todays update

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

The first time I knew something was wrong was when the games main menu loaded up after the update installed....it loaded up just as it had the first time I fired the game up

Told me it found my original Borderlands Save file and told me i had gotten skins as a result, then told me I had 1 Gold key. Thats when i noticed my original character had not loaded, and after manually loading it by selecting character, thats when I discovered my Badass Rank reset, Gold key total rest and found that my skins were gone
Exactly the same as me. Gah, this is just silly.

Looking for Xbox Gamertags to play co-op with between 21st of september and Judgement day.
II UnReall II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2012, 02:09 PM   #1103
k3iTh

This just happened to me on my level 47 commando. Right after i got the update today it loaded up a level 1 character like it was the first time i'd played the game. All badass ranks reset and no skins.
k3iTh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2012, 02:12 PM   #1104
Lherana
Wicked

Any news from the developers regarding this?
Lherana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2012, 02:56 PM   #1105
Grinch843

Has this happened to anyone who HASN'T played BL1?

Here's something to try, if your getting the reset bug often, either delete your old BL1 saves or move them to a usb drive and unplug it(If your on an xbox, I would clear the cache and delete the BL1 install if you copied it to your hd) and see what happens...

Grinch
Grinch843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2012, 03:11 PM   #1106
Farva

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3iTh View Post
This just happened to me on my level 47 commando. Right after i got the update today it loaded up a level 1 character like it was the first time i'd played the game. All badass ranks reset and no skins.

That is exactly how my BAR reset happened. I play on 360 and play solo only. The first week or so (can only play a couple hours here & there) & then went on XBL only to get the premiere pack & creature dome dlc. After I installed them, it started up a level 1 character like the first time I played too & said BL1 save found. I went online & found the story about the guy who posted the video on it & found this forum. I have been following this thread since about page 9 or 10. We are now up to page 112 or so & they still act like this is a rare occurence?

I am not downloading the Mechromancer or any future DLC for this game until they fix it. I love the hell out of this game as well as BL1 & this is 1st game I have been excited enough to purchase brand spanking new (always buy used or deeply discounted) & only game that had me excited enough to do a midnight release pick up. This is also the last game I will ever purchase brand new & I will never attend a midnight release pick up ever again. Thanks Gearbox. Too bad, I was looking forward to Aliens:CM, now I will wait a year or so & buy it after all bugs are worked out & the price is under $20. I was thinking of buying the season pass for BL2 DLC, but after all this, that won't be happening either. Will just wait to get the GOTY copy with all DLC for $15.
Farva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2012, 03:37 PM   #1107
FORSAKEN ESF
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farva View Post
That is exactly how my BAR reset happened. I play on 360 and play solo only. The first week or so (can only play a couple hours here & there) & then went on XBL only to get the premiere pack & creature dome dlc. After I installed them, it started up a level 1 character like the first time I played too & said BL1 save found. I went online & found the story about the guy who posted the video on it & found this forum. I have been following this thread since about page 9 or 10. We are now up to page 112 or so & they still act like this is a rare occurence?

I am not downloading the Mechromancer or any future DLC for this game until they fix it. I love the hell out of this game as well as BL1 & this is 1st game I have been excited enough to purchase brand spanking new (always buy used or deeply discounted) & only game that had me excited enough to do a midnight release pick up. This is also the last game I will ever purchase brand new & I will never attend a midnight release pick up ever again. Thanks Gearbox. Too bad, I was looking forward to Aliens:CM, now I will wait a year or so & buy it after all bugs are worked out & the price is under $20. I was thinking of buying the season pass for BL2 DLC, but after all this, that won't be happening either. Will just wait to get the GOTY copy with all DLC for $15.
yes they are... they sent me this today.. this glitch is so rare they need an automated message for it

Thank you for contacting 2K Technical Support. We are sorry to hear you are having an issue with Borderlands 2 in regards to your Badass rank/points and other items resetting.

Gearbox and 2K are seeking additional info from users who have had their Badass Rank in Borderlands 2 reset. We need your help (and files) to test our solution with as many cases as possible!

If you or someone you know has been affected by this rare issue and have a copy or a backup of the Borderlands 2 PC profile.bin file from JUST BEFORE the occurrence, please send it to profiles@gearboxsoftware.com, with a cc to advocate@2kgames.com.

If you have any additional questions or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know.

Cheers,
Christopher Z.
FORSAKEN ESF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2012, 03:49 PM   #1108
Moradeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORSAKEN ESF View Post
yes they are... they sent me this today.. this glitch is so rare they need an automated message for it

Thank you for contacting 2K Technical Support. We are sorry to hear you are having an issue with Borderlands 2 in regards to your Badass rank/points and other items resetting.

Gearbox and 2K are seeking additional info from users who have had their Badass Rank in Borderlands 2 reset. We need your help (and files) to test our solution with as many cases as possible!

If you or someone you know has been affected by this rare issue and have a copy or a backup of the Borderlands 2 PC profile.bin file from JUST BEFORE the occurrence, please send it to profiles@gearboxsoftware.com, with a cc to advocate@2kgames.com.

If you have any additional questions or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know.

Cheers,
Christopher Z.
Hey, that looks familiar... Look I understand code and I know how things should be laid out, so I understand that bugs like these are extremely difficult to pinpoint, but some kind of acknowledgement would go a long way with the community. I have no doubt it will be fixed, true I'll probably have to get my skins again, but it'll happen and I still have faith. From a lot of the posts on this thread though, most people don't.
Moradeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2012, 03:59 PM   #1109
~Robbie
Get you one!

I can't believe that they're still insisting that this is a rare issue.

Especially after the patch for the Mechromancer began causing the problem even more frequently.
~Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2012, 04:18 PM   #1110
Aculeus

Previously, they requested profile backups to help find the problem. Now they want them to test their fix. If they want backups right before you notice the glitch, it must happen when the game saves not loads. Sounds like they made some progress.
Aculeus is offline   Reply With Quote