The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old September 28th, 2012, 09:09 AM   #541
PieProtector

Default Re: Badass rank reset to 0, skins lost, but challenge progress remains.

cause the data will be saved on a server, you wouldnt go around a mates house, recover ur gamertag, just to find out that ur badass levels are poop!

also everything these days are stored on servers, its the way to go, unless your a cheapscape.
PieProtector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 09:11 AM   #542
FuriousWrath

Last night after hopping out of a buddies game online (2 friends playing splitscreen.) I went back into my own solo campaign and noticed that my badass rank had gone down. I know it'd been over 3500 or so and it had dropped to 3200 something. Also before that i'd thought it had dropped but really there isn't a way to tell unless you're really paying attention, writing it down, adding up all the points from all the challenges. So definitely experienced the glitch. In addition to that my rocket ammunition is now set at a maximum of 12. It should be at the utmost max amount. I've maxed out everything with Eridium now. It's very upsetting to have a glitch like this happen and after similar glitches that had been in Borderlands 1 with disappearing backpack space and such. I'm confident that it is being worked on but I would be very disappointed if it were "fixed" and my badass rank/tokens were stuck at what the glitch set them too and also my rocket ammo. If the answer is "sorry start a new character" my answer would be "sorry I've already invested a ton of hours into this one". Hopefully it all gets sorted out. Also - playing on xbox, haven't done any splitscreen, really nothing I can think of else has been out of the ordinary.
FuriousWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 09:15 AM   #543
HeWhoWantsJeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by general174 View Post
i hope they give us something as an apologize :-P cheaper dlc or something.
is there anything new from gearbox ? a new official statement ?
bye
I would wager that we'd be more likely to receive an offering of Golden Keys than anything else - assuming they cost Gearbox nothing to produce additional Codes for.

Anyhow - yeah, even a "here's where the Engineers are" update would be nice. I'm about to hit the point where I've stayed away from playing Borderlands 2 for as many days as I played it... eh.
HeWhoWantsJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 09:33 AM   #544
Moomoo

Really?? Golden Keys?? The same Golden Keys that you LOSE because of this bug. Ya that would make me happy. >_> Got reset to 1 key. Lost a twitter twitch one and my shift sign up.
Moomoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 09:40 AM   #545
New Soul Sam

My power went out while I was playing, and when the power came back on I didn't turn the game back on for fear of what I wouldn't find.
New Soul Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 09:49 AM   #546
PieProtector

good post, isnt there a data law, saying all data within a game belongs to the player, meaning the keys are there so we should technically have as many as we want, WHAT THE **** HAPPENED TO THE GOOD OLD DAYS where we could simply stick a cheat in and get extra content.

Soon as im in the industry im going to suggest looking at how games used to be played, other than charging players for data thats already there!
PieProtector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 09:54 AM   #547
~Robbie
Get you one!

All we know at this point is that this bug occurs on every version of the game (PC, Xbox 360, and PC) with no warning and often no obvious cause. Sometimes it's a predictable cause, like PS3 users playing co-op under one profile. Other times it's just nothing; people on every system will play just like they normally do and yet when they start the game their rank/skins/stash will be cleared.

Sadly, this means we're mostly at the mercy of Gearbox as we wait on a fix. It's a problem on every version of the game and there's no way to recover what you've lost short of having a backup (which most players don't have).
~Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 10:08 AM   #548
Handsome Jack
The Villain

They'll give us an update when they have actual news to report. They know it's a serious problem and are working on it. Have faith! Seriously, it's not like you're not playing the game while you wait for this to be fixed right?.... Right? >_>
Old September 28th, 2012, 10:21 AM   #549
OblivionZer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome Jack View Post
They'll give us an update when they have actual news to report. They know it's a serious problem and are working on it. Have faith! Seriously, it's not like you're not playing the game while you wait for this to be fixed right?.... Right? >_>
That what I am doing I know that. I can't bring myself to play it knowing this could happen to me just like it has to many others. They say this is rare yet here this topic is filled with people who had it happen to them already and more and more keep getting added to the list. I really wanna play as I have not even beaten the game yet so this is killing me but at least I will know my char and BA points are safe if I wait for the patch x-x.

I am so sorry for anyone who lost there BA points, skins, heads etc. I hope gearbox does something so you can recover them as I know from past exp with other games. Losing that much hard work is a major heart breaker and can really break all your will to play. Here hoping for update an soon.

Last edited by OblivionZer0; September 28th, 2012 at 10:25 AM.
OblivionZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 10:23 AM   #550
Iron Wall
Above Average

Once it's fixed im going to delete all my characters and profile data and just start fresh just incase remnants of the bug exist on profiles after the patch. Better to be safe than sorry i feel.