The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old November 2nd, 2012, 08:15 PM   #1731
Polygon Pirate
The Pirate of Pandora

Talking Re: Borderlands 2 Freezing

I love your sig text Horkerkiin. "Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"
In my case the definition of insanity is viewing this forum every day looking for a fix and/or an apology from Gearbox. Madness indeed...

Looking forward to FarCry 3 as well.

Pieces of Eight and the Parrots my Mate!

Last edited by Polygon Pirate; November 2nd, 2012 at 08:16 PM.
Polygon Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 12:51 AM   #1732
Zcander

Default Re: Borderlands 2 Freezing

Wow, was it bring your child to work day when they coded this game? I came back to check to see if there was a patch to fix my game that's been broken since SEPTEMBER 23RD, only to see that 75 more pages of them still not doing anything. How bad do you have to mess up to literally make your game unplayable, and then when you release a patch you mess it up even more! I just hope that you will eventually get this fixed by the time I'm done with Halo 4, because I'd sure as hell love to come back and play my Mechromancer and my SEASON PASS content, which neither have i been able to play because my games been broken for such a long time. But it doesn't matter, you have my money, why should you care? I turn people away from getting this game all the time, telling them there is so many glitches that their time isn't even worth it.

Have fun competing with other big name games with your broken game. I'm sure that will go ever well.

Cheers

inb4 another month of no responses from gearbox because "They know what the problem is and they're working tirelessly to get it fixed" gg gearbox.
Zcander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 01:11 AM   #1733
Sknity

I would just really like my money back at this point. its been over 2 months and the only "fix" made the problem worse. we (as a community) need to figure out who to pressure about this because all the current channels we are going though are getting us no where.

also nobody has made videos of this and posted it to other major news sites? (ign, kotaku, etc.) hopefully if someone is capable of doing this we might be able to gain some traction. i believe part of the reason gearbox has been so hush on this is because of its lack of main stream attention. when i tell people who own the game about my problem they seem awfully surprised about it.

if anyone can capture a video and upload it to youtube, that might help our cause. Since we need to take matters in our own hands now since gearbox wont help otherwise.

Last edited by Sknity; November 3rd, 2012 at 01:14 AM.
Sknity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 02:36 AM   #1734
swanton112
First Access Club Member

hi all ive had the same problem as all of you for a month now ive been watching this thread and hoping for a patch i just wanted you to know ive been on twitter trying to message anyone connected to borderlands 2 since gearbox support is writing this off as a faulty hardware problem ive been successful only minor by contacting zach ford senior designer he has seen my tweet and the youtube video ive posted of the glitch he has referred me to gearbox support but ive told him it hasnt helped ill update more if i can get him to see the forum and point him in the right direction.
swanton112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 03:23 AM   #1735
swanton112
First Access Club Member

well it seems like another dead end i keep getting referred to gearbox support to submit a ticket and we all know thats not working so guess we just wait for a miracle or sell our games
Old November 3rd, 2012, 03:37 AM   #1736
Japhasca

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanton112 View Post
well it seems like another dead end i keep getting referred to gearbox support to submit a ticket and we all know thats not working so guess we just wait for a miracle or sell our games
Not ENTIRELY true. They ARE working on fixes, but there are a NUMBER of bugs, each of varying difficulty and varying commonness (I'm sure that I'm missing some and overvaluing others, so take my list with a grain of salt.)

1.) Badass/Customization/Keys/Shared loot storage deletion.
2.) "IsBadass..." toggle causing character deletion (Graveyard.sav.)
3.) Rampant freezing, some at start up and some at auto-save.
4.) Quest completion bugs.
5.) Game not scaling after last quest done on TVHM;
6.) Game scaling to 50 BEFORE TVHM completed.
7.) Inventory and inventory capacity upgrades vanishing.
8.) DLC not working/not being available.
9.) DLC freezing on Raid bosses.
10.) POSSIBLE Mechromancer mechanics bugs.

...anyway, I'm sure you see, that's a lot to fix. So while Gearbox keeps an open smile chugging away at DLC release, Golden Key Giveaways, and Halloween costumes (which also have been confirmed to be buggy,) those of us afraid to lose our progress, or ability to progress in some way or another, won't even turn the game on right now.

No one on these forums, I think, would be against you trying to secure a refund for your game. I have to be honest, I LOVE this game, I am upset that I can't play, and I WANT to believe it will get fixed, but in my 29 years of gaming (yup, 1983,) I have NEVER seen a game with this many bugs, EXCEPT possibly the Interplay and Bethesda Fallouts; but those bugs usually had workarounds. No workaround here when your game freezes before you can load your character...

Last edited by Japhasca; November 3rd, 2012 at 03:38 AM.
Japhasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 03:45 AM   #1737
swanton112
First Access Club Member

all we want is acknowledgement which isnt really happening except for chrisf but the wait is going on way too long i just hope that we will get a post here hey guys weve got a patch coming out soon this graveyard take priotity because these are game breaking
Old November 3rd, 2012, 04:17 AM   #1738
bobblebob1

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanton112 View Post
all we want is acknowledgement which isnt really happening except for chrisf but the wait is going on way too long i just hope that we will get a post here hey guys weve got a patch coming out soon this graveyard take priotity because these are game breaking
And we're getting that. I dont get all the "we just want acknowledgement" comments. ChrisF has posted 12 times in the thread, they cant post something when they dont have info. When they do they post. No point posting Monday "working on it", then the same Tuesday etc. They post when they have information to post. And the graveyard bug was fixed as it was an easier fix that is all

Even when they do people dont listen. Ive seen Chris post, then about 3 posts later someone moaning that Gearbox never post in the thread
bobblebob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 05:03 AM   #1739
Chalupa_Batman
4th-Meal Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblebob1 View Post
And we're getting that. I dont get all the "we just want acknowledgement" comments. ChrisF has posted 12 times in the thread, they cant post something when they dont have info. When they do they post. No point posting Monday "working on it", then the same Tuesday etc. They post when they have information to post. And the graveyard bug was fixed as it was an easier fix that is all
Exactly. Only thing I think that pisses me off the most and other people is how MANY bugs this game seems to have. I've never seen Halo, Call of Duty, Gears of War, or any Xbox game that has bugs on the release date that will ruin the game forever.

Also its nice to hear the graveyard.sav was fixed because I was pretty worried about that happening to me.
Chalupa_Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 05:27 AM   #1740
bobblebob1

Halo, COD are alot more linear though. You have to do x mission before moving onto the next. Borderlands you dont. The more non linear a game is, the more possible ways to play it and the more bugs you tend to have
bobblebob1 is offline   Reply With Quote