The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old September 20th, 2012, 11:14 PM   #1
jjdenver

Default MDK the last assassin, Rouf, as Axton

Hi,

I'm level 11 Axton. I'm trying to kill the last assassin (Rouf) with a shotgun. Any great tips on how to do it? He's fast as hell so I'm having a hard time pinning him down. One time he spawned down low and I was able to use my turret and grenades on him but the turret got in the kill shot so I didn't get shotgun credit.

I've tried fighting him a half dozen other times and he always wastes me pretty easily.
jjdenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 11:15 PM   #2
DazeHeart
banned

Default Re: MDK the last assassin, Rouf, as Axton

just play better or get a better shotgun. I don't mean this in a harsh way, but that really is just it. I did it earlier today as axton with a shotgun and there wasn't an issue. A good way of doing this is to weaken him with your best weapon and then finish him with a shotgun.
DazeHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 11:59 PM   #3
jjdenver

Yep that did the trick. I had a bad shotgun, a green one, so I knocked him way down with my blue assault rifle then finished him with the shotgun. Much easier than trying to chase him around and chip away with my crappy shotgun. And I still got credit for the quest. Thanks.
jjdenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2012, 06:57 PM   #4
KeithG

Use whatever weapon is the most useful until he is almost defeated - then switch to shotgun for the 'finishing touch.'
KeithG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2012, 07:22 PM   #5
FrozenStarRo
Pandora Dweller

Actually use any gun you feel comfortable with. I only killed 2 of the 4 with the required weapons. Mission still checks as complete even if you use other guns. Not sure if it affects the reward though.
FrozenStarRo is offline   Reply With Quote