The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands 2 > BL2 General Discussion (No Spoilers!)

Old September 21st, 2012, 04:15 AM   #1
PicklesForNoOne
First Access Club Member

Default How to: unlocking all pre order bonuses

Haven't seen talk of this yet, mainly just the hysteria about the keys.

Go to

steamapps\common\borderlands 2\dlc\popremiereclub\lic

find your willowdlc.ini file

look for the line +UnlockId=2

and replace with

+UnlockId=1
+UnlockId=2
+UnlockId=3
+UnlockId=4

You get some type of grenade mod, head skin, body skin, and the creature slaughter dome

.... lol

Last edited by PicklesForNoOne; September 21st, 2012 at 04:47 AM.
PicklesForNoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2012, 06:11 AM   #2
Champion puffa
borderaddict.

Default Re: How to: unlocking all pre order bonuses

well thanks for ruining the exclusiveness for everyone that its supposed to be exclusive for. mods should really remove stuff like this. kinda same as stealing or piracy to some extent. i mean you didnt pay for the bonus dlc did you? an you never bought a special edition to get the unlocks. or if you did this shows people who did not pre-order SE how to basically get for free something the rest of us paid for. sounds a lot like theft an piracy to me. although jus in more of a hack type form.

really not impressed gearbox jus had it disc locked content everyone else can unlock piss easy like this.

BL1 total pearls:36
1 stalker, 3 bessie, 2 avenger, 2 nemesis, 4 undertaker, 3 tsunami, 1 rose, 2 ironclad, 1 omega

BL2 pearls:
Champion puffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2012, 06:15 AM   #3
TheSilencedScream
I'm a scream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion puffa View Post
really not impressed gearbox jus had it disc locked content everyone else can unlock piss easy like this.
But does it surprise you? It's the reason why only the host actually needs Creature Slaughter Dome downloaded; everyone has the files necessary, just needs the "key" to unlock it all.

That said, it does seem like - since there is not competitive aspect to the game - Gearbox just decided that they needed no security. It saves on cost and lets them focus more on making the game enjoyable.

So, if this is how people enjoy the game, it's sad - incredibly so - but so be it. :/
Old September 21st, 2012, 06:17 AM   #4
Logon

The slaughter dome preorder is stupid tho why give a fun arena as a preorder bonus... cosmetic i couldn ot care less but gameplay ...
Logon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2012, 07:02 AM   #5
Komentra

Also disappointed it's already on the disc. :/
Old September 21st, 2012, 07:36 AM   #6
Kyllian
First Access Club Member

Quote:
i mean you didnt pay for the bonus dlc did you?
The Creature Slaughterdome?
That didn't cost anything extra for people to get, just a preorder from GameStop instead of Amazon/BestBuy/Steam
Old September 21st, 2012, 07:38 AM   #7
Shagsbeard
Resident Mathematician

If Gamestop paid for this, they're the only ones who have lost.
Shagsbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2012, 07:44 AM   #8
TheSilencedScream
I'm a scream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logon View Post
The slaughter dome preorder is stupid tho why give a fun arena as a preorder bonus... cosmetic i couldn ot care less but gameplay ...
But, as long as the host has it, everyone can play it. It's not a huge deal, given that the majority of people have it, regardless. -Shrug-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komentra View Post
Also disappointed it's already on the disc. :/
It had to be, for only the host to need it for everyone to be able to play.
I'm just glad they included that; most games these days keep things locked on disc and force you to pay for more to look at it at all.
Old September 21st, 2012, 07:45 AM   #9
Champion puffa
borderaddict.

its not just the csd i dont care about that its more just the special edition extra bonus's that you can unlock. it doesnt surprise me but still. would be nice if the exclusive stuff had stayed exclusive for a lil longer than a few days. im on xbox anyway so this wont work for consoles so i wont see it online anyway.

BL1 total pearls:36
1 stalker, 3 bessie, 2 avenger, 2 nemesis, 4 undertaker, 3 tsunami, 1 rose, 2 ironclad, 1 omega

BL2 pearls:
Champion puffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2012, 07:47 AM   #10
TheSilencedScream
I'm a scream.

Quote:
its not just the csd i dont care about that its more just the special edition extra bonus's that you can unlock. it doesnt surprise me but still. would be nice if the exclusive stuff had stayed exclusive for a lil longer than a few days. im on xbox anyway so this wont work for consoles so i wont see it online anyway.
I'm on 360 too, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's possible to move your save to a USB and edit it that way.
If it is possible, I have no idea how. Just saying, with everything else that's editable, it would not surprise me if it could be changed this way.