The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old September 21st, 2012, 04:02 PM   #1
BarryL337

Default Maya Class Mods

Class Mods are kind of my thing. I broke open the 3rd material hidden bonus back in BL1 before we got the improved stat cards.

So Maya's class mods:

Solo:
Banshee* - Bandit: [+Shield Recharge Rate, -Shield Recharge Delay, -Max Health] Immolate (Unyielding), Fleet (Breakneck), Backdraft (Scorched)
Cat - Hyperion: [+SMG Damage, -SMG Accuracy] Mind's Eye (Killer), Wreck (Scheming), Accelerate (Wild)
Fox - Maliwan: [+Burn Chance, +Burn Damage] Helios (Hell), Reaper (Cunning), Blight Phoenix (Plague)
Matriarch - Pangolin: [+Max Health, +Magazine Size] Life Tap (Leeching), Sustenance (Relentless), Elated (Angelic)
Trickster - Vladof: [+Fire Rate] Life Tap (Thieving), Kinetic Reflection (Mirrored), Chain Reaction (Blurred)
Warder - Anshin: [+Shield Capacity] Wreck (Scheming), Ward (Guarded), Recompense (Rebounding)
Witch - Maliwan: [+Corrode Chance, +Corrode Damage] Helios (Hell), Flicker (Splatter), Kinetic Reflection (Bullet)

Team:
Binder - Maliwan: [+Team Action Skill Cooldown Rate] Helios (Hell), Reaper (Cunning), Suspension (Chrono)
Nurse - Anshin: [+Team Health Regeneration] Restoration (Merciful), Elated (Angelic), Sweet Release (Heavenly)

*The game lists -Shield Recharge Delay as a negative. It's one of the few beneficial negatives in the game.

I am making one large assumption: That the listed skill bonuses for each mod are the only possible skill bonuses. Given what we currently know about the make up of class mods, I'm confident in this assumption. But it's early. The Slayer of Terramorphous has +4 to 5 skills.

There are 3 class mods where all the skills apply to one tree. Fox for Cataclysm and Matriarch and Nurse for Harmony. Trickster is the only mod that has a skill bonus in each tree.

The Motion tree got the least love and I'm not sure why. Sub-Sequence is the only skill that wouldn't benefit from skill bonuses past it's natural 5.

The Binder mod favors a solo style build in my opinion. Yet it gives a team bonus. Perhaps this is the ultimate mod for someone in a 2 Maya party.

There are going to be a ton of Nurse Maya's running around. That mod will either make you the ultimate healer or give you plenty of breathing room to take Wreck and Mind's Eye, greatly improving your own damage.

I'll gladly update this post as we gather more information.

Last edited by BarryL337; September 22nd, 2012 at 10:33 AM.
BarryL337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2012, 04:30 PM   #2
elitegmr
First Access Club Member

Default Re: Maya Class Mods

Nice information on the class mods, I am also interested about the kind of class mod options Maya has. I randomly made this image so I could better visualize what skill points you get from each class mod, maybe someone else could get some use from it (though a graphics designer I am not):

(does anyone know how to make this image smaller?)

Hopefully someone will make a more fancy, official looking version and post it on the wiki or something (I made one for zer0 & Salvador too, still can't decide which character to play). I think from looking at this the Warder class mod is my favorite - you get loads of shield capacity, a boost to a powerful damage skill (Wreck), and it's also the only class mod to boost recompense, making it possible to have a 90% chance to return all health damage.

The stat bonuses from the class mods have me thinking though, do you think they will be as high / game changing as they were in the last game? I remember with Mordecai's Gunslinger mod in BL1 I was getting +78% fire rate on all pistols in addition to practically infinite ammo regen.

Does anyone have any examples or screenshots of high-end class mod stat bonuses so far?

As a final thought, I am sadface at the no class mod ammo regeneration for anyone but Salvador, it was my bread & butter in BL1.

Last edited by elitegmr; September 21st, 2012 at 04:40 PM. Reason: I do not know how to change image size
elitegmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2012, 05:56 PM   #3
TRB4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryL337 View Post
I am making one large assumption: That the listed skill bonuses for each mod are the only possible skill bonuses. Given what we currently know about the make up of class mods, I'm confident in this assumption. But it's early.
This class mod would like a word with you

Granted that class mod might be slightly bugged since it has a Gunzerker skill on an Assassin class mod. But regardless it looks like each class will probably have at least one crazy OP orange class mod with not only 4-5 skills, but +4 to all of those skills.

NOTE: I didn't find this class mod, someone posted it on GameFAQs.

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Here is another one I saw on the loot board
TRB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2012, 06:17 PM   #4
Truxican
Ultra Pigulon

While I agree that the matriarch class mods (relentless especially) are good for solo gameplay, I also find them incredibly handy for team play.

Combining sustenance with the ability to res players instantly makes Maya quite the effective support "priest".
Truxican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2012, 03:41 AM   #5
ShanePSN

I can't remember from the first game... do team class mods also effect the character who has them equipped, or just the team mates?
ShanePSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2012, 05:46 AM   #6
Daemonblue

It affects the whole team, including yourself.
Daemonblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2012, 10:36 AM   #7
BarryL337

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRB4 View Post
This class mod would like a word with you
Thanks for the info! I added that. That class mod is sick and probably replaces any Fox mod that we could find.

Though that class mod doesn't disprove my assumption. To do so, as class mod would have to have different/extra skill bonuses than listed. Which is entirely possible. If an orange grade Fox mod exists, for example, I would hope it has an additional stat bonus.
BarryL337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2012, 05:41 PM   #8
jetflash

Throughout most of the game the most important Class Mod is Cat trading away a small amount of accuracy for huge amounts of SMG damage that more than compensates for her lack of raw damage modifier talents.
jetflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2012, 08:55 PM   #9
invalidusername

So no ammo regeneration mod this far?
invalidusername is offline   Reply With Quote