The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old July 19th, 2014, 09:57 AM   #1
TheStigsCousin

Default Question about Digistruct Peak

So here's my situation.
I'm playing Axton. Before I knew the purpose of Digistruct Peak, I ran it a few times in Normal mode. After completing nvhm I played through tvhm. The standard mobs I encountered weren't too difficult to defeat. With some difficulty (not too much) I was able to complete tvhm only follwing the main story line. I then moved on to uvhm. I knew uvhm was going to be difficult and read up on strategies for uvhm. I'm now lvl 55 and almost half way through uvhm.
Now we get to my problem and question.
After the release of the presequel heads and skins, I decided to try farming for them. I switched to nvhm and wasn't getting any good drops of any items. So I switched to tvhm and decided to try Pete, Hyperious and Terra, which I didn't face in my previous tvhm playthrough. I first tried Pete. Using lvl 50-54 weapons like the kerblaster, norfleet, dpuh etc I was running out of ammo before I could even get his shields down. The same with Hyperious. As for Terra, my turret would only last about 3 seconds before being destroyed and it wasn't much longer after that I was in ffyl.
So my question.
By running DP a few times in normal, did I overpower these bosses in tvhm? If so, and considering the difficulty I'm having defeating them in tvhm, I think they will be completely impossible to beat in uvhm for me.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to make my situation as clear as possible. Thanks for reading.
TheStigsCousin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2014, 10:04 AM   #2
K6un23R
Volt Hunter

Send a message via Yahoo to K6un23R
Default Re: Question about Digistruct Peak

Nope. They're not over powered at TVHM.

By level 54, fighting a lvl52 Terramorphous should still give you XP but you should start feeling that it's getting very boring and requires very little effort on your part.

Make sure you put a point in Longbow cause it gives 110% more turret health.

Also put the turret where both you and the turret can hurt Terra and provide distraction.
K6un23R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2014, 10:10 AM   #3
TheStigsCousin

Quote:
Originally Posted by K6un23R View Post
Nope. They're not over powered at TVHM.

By level 54, fighting a lvl52 Terramorphous should still give you XP but you should start feeling that it's getting very boring and requires very little effort on your part.

Make sure you put a point in Longbow cause it gives 110% more turret health.

Also put the turret where both you and the turret can hurt Terra and provide distraction.
I do have longbow and I am able to hit Terra. I'm just not doing any real damage, even trying slag doesn't help. Takes a full clip or more just to take out a tentacle.
Old July 19th, 2014, 10:27 AM   #4
K6un23R
Volt Hunter

Send a message via Yahoo to K6un23R

Also, Terra is weak to fire element, although Axton has no specific skill to boost elemental effects.

This is how my skill tree looks like when I started farming Terramorphous for the Pitchfork. I was fortunate to have a lvl50 Kerblaster and a Shredifier then and I used a lvl49/50 Bee to amp the shots I make.

Also, try getting critical hits with the tentacles and his eyes.
K6un23R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2014, 10:54 AM   #5
TheStigsCousin

Thanks. I'll try that build. My kerblaster is a lvl50. My norfleet is fire and I have a fire smg. Also tried a homing fire bee. I noticed it's hard to use homing nades on terra. I think I have a shredifier in the bank, not sure what lvl it is. I have a bee but it's only lvl48, been trying to get a better one. I have legendary bad luck with rng and this toon.
Thanks for the help.
Old July 19th, 2014, 03:42 PM   #6
Spike_123321

Don't feel bad at all. Even at a few levels above the raid bosses they still require an understanding the fight and reasonable weapons. I have died in a few shots with OP8 gear on a 61 bosses because I have been lax and kept on completely inappropriate gear. If you use the right gear they will go down in a second.

Pete is an ammo sponge if you use your standard mobbing weapons. As above, Terra is weak to fire but also slag doesn't stick so to manage it, it is best to use something that has ongoing slag potential like the crossfire grenade. Hyperius is weak to fire and a singularity or quasar grenade is the way to go.

In most circumstances, by the time the raid bosses become easy, their drops will be redundant for that character but handy for other characters coming up through the levels.
Spike_123321 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2014, 09:59 AM   #7
TheStigsCousin

I tried the suggestions yesterday. Didn't even make a dent in Terra on tvhm and could only get him down to half health before dying in nvhm.
Old July 21st, 2014, 10:15 AM   #8
Chitsa
Nephalem Gloryland

It might be helpful to wiki terra to learn how to deal with him best.
--Waiting 4 Witcher3/ReaperOfSouls
Chitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2014, 10:25 AM   #9
Ryoko
Casual

several raid bosses resist splash damage (rockets, grenades, grenadiers (kerblaster)).

fire gives a 1.75 multiplier in TVHM and UVHM, which is MASSIVE compared to non-elemental, explosive, or shock. amp shields like the bee also benefit from element matching.

when raiding, it is recommended to bring a moxxie weapon with you to heal yourself for a percentage of damage dealt to the target. a grog nozzle is the most effective at grenade/melee/skill healing, a rubi is your next best bet, a heartbreaker, kitten, creamer, or hail are also excellent weapons you can use to deal damage as well as heal at the same time.

be sure to bring the most firepower you can get to the fight, as raids have a ton of health.

know the fight. most raids have phases where your tactics may change depending on the phase. some of these phases influence the elemental resistance of the target, so change weapons appropriately.

check your character's forum subsection for more information about raiding, and tactics you can use for the fight.
Old July 21st, 2014, 10:56 AM   #10
Dogtown
Pimp Daddy

You also activated 4 player mode by going to hyperious, so that will cause you problems with everything else you encounter after..
Dogtown is offline   Reply With Quote