The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands 2 > BL2 General Discussion (No Spoilers!)

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 7th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #101
Sycdan

Default Re: PC (Steam) "split-screen" guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolbam14 View Post
Any alternative to IndieVolume? Mine is about to expire.
Sadly I've still not found any free alternatives.
Sycdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #102
Coolbam14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycdan View Post
Sadly I've still not found any free alternatives.
Are you still using IndieVolume? Does it stop working after it expires or does it just bug you to buy.
Coolbam14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 12:08 PM   #103
Serok

Hi, I have got both instances to work (Still working on audio stuff), and have two windows, with two players, that connect through lan, and it's all good in that sense. However I am having a problem:

First off, I'm using the Player 1 = Mouse + Keyboard, and Player 2 = Xbox 360 Controller

The problem is: In both windows, while just walking around in the in-game world, the characters are involuntarily looking up, as if I was holding up on the joystick slightly at all times.

This happens with both the mouse and the 360 controller. I don't know what I'm doing wrong if anything, maybe some wisdom to shed?

Here is my Player 1.bat

Quote:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Win32\Borderlands2.exe" -NoLauncher -NoController -Windowed -WindowPosX=0
Here is my Player 2.bat (Player 2 has Xbox Controller):

Quote:
"C:\Program Files\Sandboxie\Start.exe" /elevate /box:Steam2 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Win32\Borderlands2.exe" -NoLauncher -NoMouse -AlwaysFocus -Windowed -WindowPosX=0 -SaveDataId=2
I haven't done much with IndieVolume yet, so I don't know if it is necessary for what the problem is (I will eventually do it, but I found the instructions you gave confusing, so I am holding back).

Anyone or Scydan might know a solution?

BTW, thank you for figuring this out!
Serok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 12:17 PM   #104
Hobbinuan

Hey, so I got both instances of the game up and running, and I can play with my controllers on both of them, and they are both in the same game, but I can't play on both games at the same time. I have to tab between each of the instances each time I wanna move on the different charaters

Hope somebody can help
Hobbinuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 12:34 PM   #105
Sycdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serok View Post
Hi, I have got both instances to work (Still working on audio stuff), and have two windows, with two players, that connect through lan, and it's all good in that sense. However I am having a problem:

First off, I'm using the Player 1 = Mouse + Keyboard, and Player 2 = Xbox 360 Controller

The problem is: In both windows, while just walking around in the in-game world, the characters are involuntarily looking up, as if I was holding up on the joystick slightly at all times.

This happens with both the mouse and the 360 controller. I don't know what I'm doing wrong if anything, maybe some wisdom to shed?

Here is my Player 1.bat

Here is my Player 2.bat (Player 2 has Xbox Controller):

I haven't done much with IndieVolume yet, so I don't know if it is necessary for what the problem is (I will eventually do it, but I found the instructions you gave confusing, so I am holding back).

Anyone or Scydan might know a solution?

BTW, thank you for figuring this out!
I've not had that problem before, so I'm not sure how to fix it... does the same thing happen if you don't use the NoMouse and NoController arguments? What about if you disconnect the controller during the game, does it stop?

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbinuan View Post
Hey, so I got both instances of the game up and running, and I can play with my controllers on both of them, and they are both in the same game, but I can't play on both games at the same time. I have to tab between each of the instances each time I wanna move on the different charaters

Hope somebody can help
It sounds as though you are either not using the -AlwaysFocus argument.
Old October 14th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #106
Serok

Okay, well it seems to have figured itself out somewhat. I tried restarting the bat files, and the Mouse + Keyboard player is now not affected. However, during this time, the controller player was still looking up involuntarily, so I just unplugged the controller and plugged it back in, allowing the driver to reinstall (I had to do some finnagling to actually get this particular controller to work in the first place), and it stopped looking up and all is hunky-dory.

Now all I need is proper audio setup.
Old October 14th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #107
Sycdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serok View Post
Okay, well it seems to have figured itself out somewhat. I tried restarting the bat files, and the Mouse + Keyboard player is now not affected. However, during this time, the controller player was still looking up involuntarily, so I just unplugged the controller and plugged it back in, allowing the driver to reinstall (I had to do some finnagling to actually get this particular controller to work in the first place), and it stopped looking up and all is hunky-dory.

Now all I need is proper audio setup.
Great! I'll help with the sound stuff if I can, but you need to tell me what setup you're after and what you're working with...
Old October 14th, 2012, 01:53 PM   #108
Serok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycdan View Post
Great! I'll help with the sound stuff if I can, but you need to tell me what setup you're after and what you're working with...
I won't be able to work on it atm, but I'll seek your help when I can
Old October 14th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #109
JusticeDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Exlair View Post
"Steam.exe (main exception): Cannot open blob archive file: CMultiFieldBlob(mem-mapped file): Failed to open existing file, Win32 Error 32 "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."
I'm having the same problem that Exlair was having a while ago. I can start up either my regular Steam or my sandboxed Steam, but when I try both I get the above error. The order doesn't seem to matter.

Short of buying Sandboxie and running two boxes, I don't know what to do. I assume this isn't happening for most other users?
JusticeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 03:40 PM   #110
Sycdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticeDude View Post
I'm having the same problem that Exlair was having a while ago. I can start up either my regular Steam or my sandboxed Steam, but when I try both I get the above error. The order doesn't seem to matter.

Short of buying Sandboxie and running two boxes, I don't know what to do. I assume this isn't happening for most other users?
I'm still not really sure what to do about that. If I could re-create it, then I might be able to come up with a fix, but I can't. Did you try closing Steam and deleting %Program Files%\Steam\ClientRegistry.blob?