The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old October 22nd, 2012, 11:50 AM   #141
NomosVII

Default Re: Borderlands 2 PC (Steam) split-screen / dual-monitor guide

Any free solutions to using 2 mouse and keyboard setups?
NomosVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2012, 07:54 AM   #142
safsaf17

thank u very much for these information, just i wanna ask if i can play split screen offline i mean without internet connection
safsaf17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2012, 08:03 AM   #143
Sycdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by safsaf17 View Post
thank u very much for these information, just i wanna ask if i can play split screen offline i mean without internet connection
Yes, you certainly can. You just need to put Steam in offline mode.
Sycdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2012, 10:02 PM   #144
timthedim
First Access Club Member

im having a slight problem i can only get player Ones instance to use a 360controller
timthedim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 07:46 AM   #145
Sycdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by timthedim View Post
im having a slight problem i can only get player Ones instance to use a 360controller
I'd suggest going back through the guide and double-checking that you didn't miss any important notes, otherwise you really need to be more specific than that for me to help. Posting the script(s) you're using would be a start.

Did you make sure to press a button on player 2's controller when their game got the the title screen, rather than clicking through it?
Old November 4th, 2012, 01:27 AM   #146
NotsowiseSAGe

Unhappy Re: Borderlands 2 PC (Steam) split-screen / dual-monitor guide

Quote:
I am having the same problem. No matter i do i can't make the 2nd player window recognize the 360 controller. I've triple checked all the settings.

The scripts I'm using are:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Win32\Borderlands2.exe" -NoLauncher -AlwaysFocus -Windowed -WindowPosX=-1920

and

"C:\Program Files\Sandboxie\Start.exe" /elevate /box:Steam2 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Win32\Borderlands2.exe" -NoLauncher -AlwaysFocus -Windowed -WindowPosX=0 -ControllerOffset=1 -SaveDataId=2

I am using two wireless Xbox 360 controllers with the official adapter.
And I am running Win 8

Last edited by NotsowiseSAGe; November 4th, 2012 at 01:29 AM.
NotsowiseSAGe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2012, 07:17 AM   #147
Sycdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotsowiseSAGe View Post
I am having the same problem. No matter i do i can't make the 2nd player window recognize the 360 controller. I've triple checked all the settings.

The scripts I'm using are:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Win32\Borderlands2.exe" -NoLauncher -AlwaysFocus -Windowed -WindowPosX=-1920

and

"C:\Program Files\Sandboxie\Start.exe" /elevate /box:Steam2 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Win32\Borderlands2.exe" -NoLauncher -AlwaysFocus -Windowed -WindowPosX=0 -ControllerOffset=1 -SaveDataId=2

I am using two wireless Xbox 360 controllers with the official adapter.
And I am running Win 8
I have no experience with real Xbox 360 controllers, but I don't really know of any good reason why they wouldn't work... the only thing I can think of is that perhaps the wireless adapter gives each controller the same (its own?) MAC address and the game looks at those and thinks they are the same controller, or only picks up the first one? I'm really just taking wild stabs in the dark here, and I know this isn't very helpful (though there may be ways to spoof a device's MAC address, but I haven't looked into it)...

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful, but if both controllers are awake and you're sure you're not clicking on the title screen of player 2's game, then logically it ought to work, although I have also not tested this on Windows 8.
Old November 4th, 2012, 09:52 AM   #148
timthedim
First Access Club Member

im unable too get the sandboxed copy of Borderlands to work with a Controller
heres what my bat looks like "C:\Program Files\Sandboxie\Start.exe" /elevate /box:Steam2 "E:\pc game\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Win32\Borderlands2.exe" -NoLauncher -AlwaysFocus -Windowed -ControllerOffset=1 -SaveDataId=2

i load this instance first and and keep pressing buttons on controller but nothing happens
Old November 4th, 2012, 10:08 AM   #149
Sycdan

Quote:
im unable too get the sandboxed copy of Borderlands to work with a Controller
heres what my bat looks like "C:\Program Files\Sandboxie\Start.exe" /elevate /box:Steam2 "E:\pc game\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Win32\Borderlands2.exe" -NoLauncher -AlwaysFocus -Windowed -ControllerOffset=1 -SaveDataId=2

i load this instance first and and keep pressing buttons on controller but nothing happens
A long shot, but did you configure the sandbox to "Permit programs to simulate keyboard and mouse input" in Restrictions -> Hardware Access?
Old November 4th, 2012, 10:29 AM   #150
timthedim
First Access Club Member

i figured out how both can use controllers
heres my bats E:\pc game\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Win32\Borderlands2.exe" -AlwaysFocus -Windowed -WindowPosY=0 -WindowPosX=1920 -ResX=1600 -ResY=900 -SaveDataId=2

C:\Program Files\Sandboxie\Start.exe" /elevate /box:Steam2 "E:\pc game\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Win32\Borderlands2.exe" -NoLauncher -AlwaysFocus -Windowed

had to remove controller offset

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

i figured out how both can use controllers
heres my bats E:\pc game\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Win32\Borderlands2.exe" -AlwaysFocus -Windowed -WindowPosY=0 -WindowPosX=1920 -ResX=1600 -ResY=900 -SaveDataId=2

C:\Program Files\Sandboxie\Start.exe" /elevate /box:Steam2 "E:\pc game\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Win32\Borderlands2.exe" -NoLauncher -AlwaysFocus -Windowed

had to remove controller offset