The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands 2 > BL2 General Discussion (No Spoilers!)

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 22nd, 2012, 01:18 PM   #11
Mattoopie
Borderlands Fan

Default Re: PC (Steam) "split-screen" guide

Nice
Old September 22nd, 2012, 02:15 PM   #12
balgoth17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycdan View Post
1 copy of the game = 1 Steam account. I'll make the first paragraph more specific.
Thanks! by the way I'm using a program called softxpand to play dual monitors, setup is much easier this way. I'm using the trial version of softxpand, the full version costs $50. A pro with this is that both players can use keyboard and mouse!
balgoth17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2012, 09:28 PM   #13
Jyrakos

I'm having an issue. Whenever I try to play Borderlands 2 from Offline mode, it'll crash as soon as the launcher appears. Any idea how to fix that?

Edit: I found that issue seems to have fixed itself (no clue how). However, once I get two instances going, everything seems fine until the second instance tries to join the first. Then the second will just freeze while trying to join.

Last edited by Jyrakos; September 23rd, 2012 at 11:38 PM.
Jyrakos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 12:28 PM   #14
Sycdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyrakos View Post
I'm having an issue. Whenever I try to play Borderlands 2 from Offline mode, it'll crash as soon as the launcher appears. Any idea how to fix that?

Edit: I found that issue seems to have fixed itself (no clue how). However, once I get two instances going, everything seems fine until the second instance tries to join the first. Then the second will just freeze while trying to join.
Hmm I have not had that happen. Is it the same if the regular instance joins the sandboxed one?
Sycdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 01:20 PM   #15
Jyrakos

It happens no matter which instance joins which. And my earlier problem is back (crashing on the launcher). I've actually figured out what causes it, but I can't seem to fix it. It'll crash if I have my controllers turned on. I'm using 2 official XBox 360 controllers and an official Microsoft wireless adapter for them.
Old September 24th, 2012, 01:41 PM   #16
jaredhite1
First Access Club Member

Wow! What an awesome, thorough thread. Thanks Sycdan and Botman for getting this together.
jaredhite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #17
Sycdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyrakos View Post
It happens no matter which instance joins which. And my earlier problem is back (crashing on the launcher). I've actually figured out what causes it, but I can't seem to fix it. It'll crash if I have my controllers turned on. I'm using 2 official XBox 360 controllers and an official Microsoft wireless adapter for them.
So you can join the game when you're just using the keyboard & mouse for both instances? What about if you connect just one controller and use that for the first instance, and use the mouse & keyboard for the other?

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredhite1 View Post
Wow! What an awesome, thorough thread. Thanks Sycdan and Botman for getting this together.
My pleasure. I like the challenge of figuring stuff like this out, and I relied on a similar guide for BL1, so I figured I'd give something back to the community this time. Sadly, the sound is still a problem for me and IndieVolume is terribly unreliable, but maybe I'm in a minority of people that would even be trying to use 2 sound devices for this...
Old September 24th, 2012, 06:32 PM   #18
Sycdan

For those that want to run 2 instances of the game with a different sound device for each: I have finally figured out the exact steps required to get IndieVolume working every time. Sadly, it seems this needs to be re-done if you restart the computer. Anyway, I will update the Sound section of the guide.
Old September 24th, 2012, 06:51 PM   #19
Jyrakos

Ok, I really don't know what's going on. I have actually done it. Tried again just recently and both instances loaded up fine. The controllers worked for their respective instances and the keyboard worked for whichever was actively selected (which was awesome when the batteries in my second controller died lol). Worked like a charm. I don't know why it was having issues before, but they appear to be fixed...through no act of mine!
Old September 25th, 2012, 08:51 AM   #20
Misapoes

Hello,

I'm having problems with the sound devices. I have a laptop and a tv through hdmi, both are the same 1080p resolutions.

When I follow your indievolume tutorial, everything goes fine until I try to run a second instance of borderlands, which crashes before the launcher starts. I can't run any other borderlands instance until I close indievolume.

What am I doing wrong?
Misapoes is offline   Reply With Quote