The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands 2 > BL2 General Discussion (No Spoilers!)

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 27th, 2012, 01:00 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #31
botman
GBX

Default Re: PC (Steam) "split-screen" guide

Maybe try running at 960x540 on both windows (split the horizontal size, not the vertical and make the 4:3).

Try ALT-Tabbing to another window and then select the keyboard/mouse game window using the mouse. Sometimes in windowed mode (especially with other windows open) the mouse will "escape" the game window and you have to click on it again to capture the mouse again.

The "Mute On Focus Lost" set to "Off" should allow both windows to output audio at the same time.

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?" - Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
botman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2012, 03:32 PM   #32
Addsy

Thanks for the reply.
I tried what you said but it just made the window size smaller and the aspect of everything stayed the same.

Here is a screenshot of where i've got so far with it:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...splitscre.jpg/

Here is my Player 1 Shortcut Target:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Win32\Borderlands2.exe" -AlwaysFocus -WindowedFullscreen -ResX=1920 -ResY=540 -WindowPosY=0 -WindowPosX=-0 -ControllerOffset=1

Here is Player 2's
"C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Win32\Borderlands2.exe" -AlwaysFocus --WindowedFullscreen -ResX=1920 -ResY=540 -WindowPosY=540 -WindowPosX=-0 -SaveDataId=2

Absolutely everything works as far as i can tell i just can't read any of the text while playing and the UI/HUD is tiny.

Really wanting to get this working so i can play with my girlfriend, we loved the 1st one so much!

is there any other way you can think of?

Also the sound and mouse problem are still the same :S

Cheers again

Last edited by Addsy; September 27th, 2012 at 03:34 PM.
Addsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #33
Sycdan

Did you try a vertical split (960 x 1080) instead of horizontal? I haven't actually tried BL2 split-screen, just with two physical screens...
Sycdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2012, 04:05 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #34
botman
GBX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addsy View Post
Thanks for the reply.
I tried what you said but it just made the window size smaller and the aspect of everything stayed the same.
-WindowedFullScreen should not be used unless you are actually running the window fullsceen. Use -Windowed mode instead.

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?" - Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
botman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2012, 04:18 PM   #35
jaredhite1
First Access Club Member

I got this working with the instructions in the OP, thanks Sycdan! To get the sandboxxied BL2 instance running via the "Run Any Program" option, I had to check the "Run UAC as Administrator" box.

So botman, there are some Steamworks games like BL1 that don't mind if you start up two instances of them, and others like BL2 that won't let you (unless you do something like sandboxie). What gives there? Is there any way to change this behavior?

Last edited by jaredhite1; September 27th, 2012 at 04:19 PM.
jaredhite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2012, 04:39 PM   #36
Addsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by botman View Post
-WindowedFullScreen should not be used unless you are actually running the window fullsceen. Use -Windowed mode instead.
It's the same when i switch to windowed mode...everything is still too small but the mouse offset problem i mentioned is fixed.

is there any way to force the HUD/UI to be bigger? Like in the config files? Or what's the best way to run the game splitscreen on 1 screen?
Old September 27th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #37
Addsy

If it helps here is a screenshot of in game:
http://imageshack.us/f/210/borderlands2pcsplitscre.jpg/

it's like the game isn't using the whole screen space as the UI is centered
any ideas?

Also player names are both the same, is there a way to change that?
Sorry to ask so much, i appreciate the help
Old September 28th, 2012, 03:07 AM   #38
Pathologic

Hi. I got both players working nicely on my single 1280x1024 monitor.

There's just one problem with it. Since we can't use windowed fullscreen mode for the Mouse + Keyboard player due to the offset problem, that means we have to use windowed.

The problem with that is, aiming up fast enough with the mouse can drag the Windows cursor over the top of the window, and the window can be accidentally maximized or dragged.

This is very annoying, and not easy to avoid. I signed up here hoping someone could tell me a workaround.
Pathologic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 06:11 AM   #39
Addsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathologic View Post

There's just one problem with it. Since we can't use windowed fullscreen mode for the Mouse + Keyboard player due to the offset problem, that means we have to use windowed.

The problem with that is, aiming up fast enough with the mouse can drag the Windows cursor over the top of the window, and the window can be accidentally maximized or dragged.

This is very annoying, and not easy to avoid. I signed up here hoping someone could tell me a workaround.
Only workaroud i've seen so far for that is to either play windowed mode instead of windowed full screen or to use controllers (i have 1 and it works perfect)
Old September 28th, 2012, 07:06 AM   #40
Sycdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathologic View Post

As all of the menus can be navigated fine with the keyboard, I would just use WindowedFullscreen to get rid of the window border, and not worry about the offset problem as you can still aim fine.
Sycdan is offline   Reply With Quote