The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old September 24th, 2012, 05:55 PM   #181
BobTheEnzyteGuy
YouDontWorkforGearbox!Ha!

Default Re: A humble plea: Unlimited Backpack/SDU space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico76 View Post
I'm in the "why do you need a bunch of space" camp. Seriously - each character has a weapon or 2 they are "best" with. So even if you have all 4 elementals for your primary 2 weapons, that's only 4 slots used in your pack (since you have 4 items equipped). Keep 1 or 2 of the other 4 types of weapons (so that's up to 8 more in your pack)... a couple grenades... a class mod or 2... maybe a secondary shield for tactical purposes...

I just don't get it. Why do you NEED to be saving/storing weapons you'll hardly ever use? Because you like the funny red text? That's what online Wikis are for...
I agree with this. I don't use guns that no longer do the job: I sell them or don't pick them up.

I have friends in my circle who obsess over stuff like this. There's a good reason why I don't step foot in their rooms or their cars.

"Is my package coming today? What time? Give me an ETA! What time did the delivery man clock in? Is he on the way, or did he take lunch? Is he going westbound on Palm Ave, or east? Is he turning onto Smith right now? Did he take the van or truck? What color is it? Oh oh oh is up the street now? Is he wearing a white or brown uniform? Throw me a bone! Lack of communication! GIVE ME DETAILS AND ETA DAMMIT!"

Sound familiar?
Old September 24th, 2012, 05:55 PM   #182
Toprem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacae View Post
umlimited backpack space does not equal a humble plead. It's asking them to break the game. No decent game has unlimited inventory.

27? Sure I'll increase it to the amount in bl1. But umlimited? Wow.
You know, other than Oblivion, Skyrim, FO3, FONV, and probably a bunch of others out there. Granted you couldn't move around much if you carried everything unless it was light weight or used things that boosted your carrying weight, you certainly had infinite storage space in houses and the like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by botman View Post
Part of the fun of the game is that it is about choices. You have to pick an choose which items you want to equip and you have to pick which items you want to carry.

If you can carry an unlimited number of items you lose a lot of the challenge of the game (at least in my opinion).
Yeah, YOUR opinion, which I don't really care for. I like hoarding stuff in RPGs, I like being able to pick everything up off the ground and compare it in my inventory instead of looking at stuff on the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPuma View Post
I thought one of the few things Diablo3 did well was give players a pretty huge town-stash (that you had to purchase to get up to max capacity) and a not-small but not-huge backpack.
You must be playing a different Diablo 3 than I am, since it's certainly not a huge stash, which is made worse since its a shared stash which means you can't even make real mules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdug13 View Post
If the backpack space was larger, then most people would be bigger loot whores than they already are and some people wouldn't find good weapons because the fast moving vacuum players would steal it all.

Smaller storage space is the only way to combat loot whpres in a free for all game.
No, the real solution to that would be one of the few good things Diablo 3 did, make loot not shared b/w players.
Old September 24th, 2012, 06:29 PM   #183
suffocation49
Pokémaster

Personally I can figure out which 5 or 6 guns I want to play around with, I can get it down to 4 if I don't have legendaries (Only found an easter egg yellow). I racked up wayyyy too much money in the last game when I sold every single gun I wasn't using ($999999999). And now there are slots to waste your money
I only manage(d) my backpack to see which gun is more pricey for me to sell

This sig is brought to you by the number 42. Oh wait no sorry, That_Guy42
Old September 24th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #184
ProfessorButts

Lol, how does a decreased inventory space make Borderlands 2 an infinitely worse game than the first? I'm loving this game, if I have to put up with a full backpack from time to time, who cares? It's one of the funniest games I've played, and it's great fun, stop trying to find reasons to hate it, and just enjoy what is good.
Old September 24th, 2012, 06:45 PM   #185
inepticon
XBL GT: porkchopSAMURAI

I could probably roll with 4 different guns the whole game if it came down killing efficiency only. But I like to carry weird guns that sometime are single purpose guns, they are challenging for me to use, or maybe they are used only for novelty purposes. I would like a little more space for collecting stuff,but it doesn't ruin the game for me as it is currently.

"Wise man say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza." -Captain Picard
Old September 24th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #186
tepe123

Millions of guns but under 100 slots to me is ridiculous

The main selling point of the game is the guns and you have to end up selling them all, theres no way to collect all purples and legendaries without modding your backpack

This promotes modding

Agreed, backpack space should be limited cause of online play issues, but bank should be around 500.

Unlimited is not needed, I modded my BL1 backpack to 999, and really only needed around 500 to keep a full variety of everything

Its simple how the system should work

27 slots and the bank is perfect for PT1

PT2 it should double

After completing the final mission on PT2, SDU's should be able to be brought up to 500.

I would even pay like 50 eridium and 1,000,000 for 3 slots, cause thats easily farmable and is more legit and satisfying then modding
Old September 24th, 2012, 09:27 PM   #187
Vinman
First Access Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratos75 View Post
With all the gore removed, many many glitches, a totally reduced inventory and bank space, Borderlands 2 is looking like nothing more than a pale, watered down, shabby version of the amazing game that was Borderlands 1
I couldn't have said it better myself. BL2 is like Borderlands Lite for the ADD crowd.
Old September 24th, 2012, 09:34 PM   #188
Survious
The One True Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraderRager View Post
Now, I was supremely disappointing to learn that the max backpack size is 27, when you have a system that could facilitate infinite, albeit continually less efficient, space.

Just make it so upgrade are unlimited, but each time you upgrade it cost 4 more Eridium. 4/8/12/16/24/28/32/36/40/ETC.
Sorry but that would ruin the game.
Old September 24th, 2012, 10:01 PM   #189
iWiThShArPtHiNgS

I guarantee the storage space is so limited, so that Gearbox can sell you more storage space later on. It was a marketing decision plain and simple.
Old September 24th, 2012, 10:06 PM   #190
Phantom343
Dark Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWiThShArPtHiNgS View Post
I guarantee the storage space is so limited, so that Gearbox can sell you more storage space later on. It was a marketing decision plain and simple.
That would be a HORRIBLE thing to do.

"Chaos through Order, Order by Chaos" | Sig by Mirrorada | Keep your stick on the ice.
Closed Thread