The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old September 22nd, 2012, 06:48 AM   #1
Suffur
Member
 
Suffur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 56
Default Is Flicker worth it?

the percentage increase I am guessing is not additive therefore its not as large of a increase as it would seem. Is it worth it?
Suffur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2012, 09:12 PM   #2
Suffur
Member
 
Suffur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 56
Default Re: Is Flicker worth it?

bump. Anyone know?
Suffur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2012, 09:38 PM   #3
phissionmailed
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 61
Default Re: Is Flicker worth it?

I'm on the fence about it. Another poster said that the percent increase is over the percent of the gun, not an addition.

For example, a 5 points Flicker will give you 30%. If you have a gun with a 15% percent change, your total will NOT be 45%. The 30% is calculated from the 15% of the gun. So, for a 15% chance gun, the 30% increase would be: 15 * 0.30, which is 4.5; for an actual total of 19.5%.

If this is true, the flicker is not as useful, even maxed. However, if you want to reach Ruin, Flicker will possibly be one of your options, because the others are even more useless in my opinion.
phissionmailed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2012, 09:48 PM   #4
Infinit_e
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 31
Default Re: Is Flicker worth it?

Now I'm curios as well. I just assumed Flicker was additive not multiplicative.
Infinit_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2012, 10:28 PM   #5
13igTyme
Member
 
13igTyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 792
Default Re: Is Flicker worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phissionmailed View Post
I'm on the fence about it. Another poster said that the percent increase is over the percent of the gun, not an addition.

For example, a 5 points Flicker will give you 30%. If you have a gun with a 15% percent change, your total will NOT be 45%. The 30% is calculated from the 15% of the gun. So, for a 15% chance gun, the 30% increase would be: 15 * 0.30, which is 4.5; for an actual total of 19.5%.

If this is true, the flicker is not as useful, even maxed. However, if you want to reach Ruin, Flicker will possibly be one of your options, because the others are even more useless in my opinion.
Yes, but if you use a Maliwan and it has a 50% chance then it becomes 65%.
13igTyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2012, 10:29 PM   #6
phissionmailed
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 61
Default Re: Is Flicker worth it?

Yup. They should've done it additive though.
phissionmailed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2012, 12:15 AM   #7
kkleites
Mostly Harmless
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 304
Default Re: Is Flicker worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phissionmailed View Post
Yup. They should've done it additive though.
Yeah, this. Right now, I have a ~70% Slag chance sniper so 30% of that means I nearly 100% of the time Slag enemies, which is fine, but considering that I'd get the same result if it was additive, it would REALLY help out some of the other elemental guns in the game. I mean, I have an awesome AR with only 6% proc rate so 30% of that is almost worthless. I feel like Flicker is great for elemental Snipers at the moment, but pretty useless otherwise.

Unfortunately, as another poster has already mentioned, the other Cataclysm skills that you ignore for Flicker are pretty much even worse, so...
__________________
The knack of flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Douglas Adams
kkleites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2012, 12:17 AM   #8
Rabbitofdoom
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 30
Default Re: Is Flicker worth it?

It wuld be little over the top. That 6% gun is certainly not a malivan.

Last edited by Rabbitofdoom; September 23rd, 2012 at 12:23 AM.
Rabbitofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2012, 01:00 AM   #9
Nim
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7
Default Re: Is Flicker worth it?

Having it just be a flat +30% to proc chance would be stupidly broken and make it probably the best DPS talent in the game. That's a bit much for tier one. As it is? Not super awesome, but hardly awful either. It's fairly easy to find SMGs with 18-25% proc chances, giving you about 5-8% more with flicker.

Seriously though, if you're spec'ed for Ruin why wouldn't you take it? If you pass on it, you end up having to take Immolate, Backdraft or Chain Reaction. Bleh.
Nim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 04:58 AM   #10
Suffur
Member
 
Suffur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 56
Default Re: Is Flicker worth it?

I would of rather had it be like a 10-15% additive chance. The first 2 tiers of cata tree just seems meh.
Suffur is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.