The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands 2 > BL2 Loot and Weapons Chat

Old September 22nd, 2012, 09:29 AM   #1
Raging Ghost
Katanas/Nuclear Launches

Default Best weapon type from each manufacturer?

I need your opinion on this subject. Okay, I am aware of each manufacturer's gimmicks (Dahl's ADS Burst Fire, Tediore's grenade-like guns, Torgue's Gyrojet ammo, etc.), but even with them, it could be possible that a weapon type is a manufacturer's speciality.

This is where you folks come in: so far, out of each weapon type, which manufacturer got them right?

Again, it's only opinions, so one's mileage may vary.
Raging Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2012, 10:03 AM   #2
Spankalot
Would I lie to you?

Default Re: Best weapon type from each manufacturer?

Not including legendaries:

Torgue shotguns (or maybe hyperion if you're shooting from further away)
Tediore or maliwan SMGs, though hyperion are decent if you like the accuracy thing for second winds.
Vladof or Dahl snipers, chew ammo but raw power.
Bandit RLs
Dahl ARs

IMO
Spankalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2012, 10:13 AM   #3
feral411

Vladof and Dahl snipers = raw power... I think you mean Jakob's since they are generally the most raw powerful snipers
feral411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2012, 10:20 AM   #4
Spankalot
Would I lie to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by feral411 View Post
Vladof and Dahl snipers = raw power... I think you mean Jakob's since they are generally the most raw powerful snipers
I mean that as in the fire rate features which are just destructive.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 10:22 AM   #5
kname

As a rampage gunzerker this is my short list:

Jacobs revolvers and shotguns
Vladof everything else

Maliwan is good but not particularly focused on a single weapon type
Dahl is decent for combat rifles but Vladof is better
Bandit reloads take too long to be practical which makes me sad since i do love massive clips
Tediore is nice but falls along the same lines as Maliwan, maybe being best for rockets since the thrown gun acts like an extra rocket
Torgue is a very close second for shotguns, in fact I've used more of them than Jacobs shotguns, but at least for the gunzerker i have to say Jacobs wins.

I feel like I'm missing one but oh well.
kname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2012, 10:29 AM   #6
dubbleutf
^ W T F?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spankalot View Post
I mean that as in the fire rate features which are just destructive.
Dahl Sniper Rifles and their burst fire would be overkill and a waste of bullets imo. Especially since the burst recoils upwards.

Borderlands 2 Info
dubbleutf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2012, 10:33 AM   #7
Spankalot
Would I lie to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbleutf View Post
Dahl Sniper Rifles and their burst fire would be overkill and a waste of bullets imo. Especially since the burst recoils upwards.
Not sure how it would be for zer0 with his sniper tree, but as Sal even with very nice ones, stuff doesn't get one shotted with a burst endgame.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 10:40 AM   #8
dubbleutf
^ W T F?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spankalot View Post
Not sure how it would be for zer0 with his sniper tree, but as Sal even with very nice ones, stuff doesn't get one shotted with a burst endgame.
Yeah, I tried Dahl Sniper Rifles on my Zer0 and it doesn't fit the precision sniping style for me.

Borderlands 2 Info
dubbleutf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2012, 12:10 PM   #9
CycoMiko138

I was actually thinking about this recently and here's what I've come up with, at least in the case of my playstyle ATM:

Jakobs - Snipers and revolvers are their forte. Their shotguns do great damage, but need more ammo capacity. Forget about ARs; they're just not powerful enough for semi-auto fire.

Maliwan - Basically, they're pretty good at everything, as far as I can tell. The elemental damage can push their power level past even Jakobs and Torgue guns. Plus, they don't seem to have any annoying gimmicks. SMGs are my favorites.

Vladof - Obviously the best AR manufacturer. You can't go wrong with high fire-rate automatics. Their machine pistols are awesome, as well. I've even taken to using their snipers to great effect when a better Maliwan or Jakobs was unavailable. Haven't really noticed their launchers much, though.

Dahl - One of the more middle-of-the-road manufacturers, IMO. Their burst fire gimmick is really nice on pistols and ARs, but less so on SMGs. Snipers are ammo-wasters.

Tediore - Pretty much average, all around. They don't seem to really have a standout. If you can master the reload gimmick, I can see them being pretty useful. I haven't played around with it much, though.

Bandit - Another mostly average brand. Low accuracy, high ammo capacity is perfect for SMGs. ARs and pistols aren't bad, but they're not the best. Shotguns are meh.

Hyperion - Their gimmick makes them one of the manufacurers I tend to avoid, since it contradicts a mechanic that most FPS players are used to - first shot accuracy. That being said, their shotguns are great against swarming enemies, and snipers are usable if you can manage the scope sway. Not a fan of their pistols or SMGs.

Torgue - My personal least favorite manufacturer. Not only are their guns ugly as hell, the super-slow bullets make mid to long range shooting a chore. They are unquestionably powerful with their explosive rounds, though. This means that their rocket launchers are a force to be reckoned with. I've also had some success with their ARs at mid range, since the splash damage makes accuracy less important.

S&S and Atlas - *sigh*...
CycoMiko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2012, 02:04 PM   #10
Raging Ghost
Katanas/Nuclear Launches

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycoMiko138 View Post
Tediore - Pretty much average, all around. They don't seem to really have a standout. If you can master the reload gimmick, I can see them being pretty useful. I haven't played around with it much, though.
Well, I heard throwing Tediore guns does not take Zer0 out of Decepti0n, hence why I consider them.

But hey, who are you playing? Axton?
Raging Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote