The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old September 23rd, 2012, 07:17 PM   #1
Kopikatsu

Default Is there a way to 'reset' missions?

I'm on playthrough 2.5 and...any mission that gets completed or has been completed is basically done. Forever.

There are a few mission weapons that I want to use but can't because they simply don't have the stats to kill so much as a Pup Skag or I accidentily gave them away/sold them (For example, the Asset Shotgun you get from completing that one quest with the Hyperion Loader...). Joining another person's game and completing the quest gives you a message saying 'You already got the reward for this mission!'.

So my question is, is there a way to reset the missions? Even if you have to go into the game files and mess with some values. It's not really cheating because otherwise I would have to just mod the guns and put them in my inventory. I want to earn them again, but the game won't even let me because of what I consider to be a major design flaw.

Last edited by Kopikatsu; September 23rd, 2012 at 07:18 PM.
Kopikatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2012, 07:23 PM   #2
Dustin1280
First Access Club Member

Default Re: Is there a way to 'reset' missions?

this is why I am avoiding all sidequests like the plague in playthrough 2.
Dustin1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2012, 08:19 PM   #3
I Locke I
-----------------

Wait, I thought the idea was you could do a quest one time per playthrough, but you could do as many playthroughs as you want with the same character.

Is this not the case?
Old September 23rd, 2012, 08:28 PM   #4
Shagsbeard
Resident Mathematician

If you start a new character, you get to do them all over again.
Shagsbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2012, 08:47 PM   #5
Pandamonium72
Pedal Harder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Locke I View Post
Wait, I thought the idea was you could do a quest one time per playthrough, but you could do as many playthroughs as you want with the same character.

Is this not the case?
It's not. You get playthrough 1, playthrough 2, and after that you get playthrough 2.5, where you can complete any quests you didn't in playthrough 2. Playthrough 2.5 does not count as another playthrough, it just leaves the game open-ended for you.

Sig courtesy of Mirrorada
“Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present, and by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.” - Cloud Atlas
Pandamonium72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2012, 09:00 PM   #6
Spankalot
Would I lie to you?

That annoyed me as well, realising all the sweet quest rewards (e.g. the firehawk shield) couldn't be gotten at 50 anymore since I'd been a completionist in pt2.

Luckily I found a save of my char from level ~30 and I'm leveling him up now, while also picking the other side in 'Clan wars' when I complete it so I can farm for Maggie
Spankalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2012, 09:04 PM   #7
thswrestler160

If you are on PC there should be a way to do a "hack" that will reset certain side missions or just give you a proper playthrough 3. I know for BL1 I used willowtree all the time to give myself playthrough 3 cuz it was so much fun I just wanted to do it over and over again(I never modded any guns or stuff thats just stupid). Idk if the PC community has made an easy to use system like willowtree yet for BL2 or not but if they haven't just wait a month or so. And if your not PC and already got the rewards well then you know better for next character to wait until lvl 50 to do unique weapon side missions.
thswrestler160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2012, 09:10 PM   #8
Kopikatsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by thswrestler160 View Post
If you are on PC there should be a way to do a "hack" that will reset certain side missions or just give you a proper playthrough 3. I know for BL1 I used willowtree all the time to give myself playthrough 3 cuz it was so much fun I just wanted to do it over and over again(I never modded any guns or stuff thats just stupid). Idk if the PC community has made an easy to use system like willowtree yet for BL2 or not but if they haven't just wait a month or so. And if your not PC and already got the rewards well then you know better for next character to wait until lvl 50 to do unique weapon side missions.
I'm on PC.
Kopikatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 12:38 AM   #9
Palmer_Eldrich

Looks like we will have to wait for willowtree 2 or something similar to get developed.

Wish they made this a ingame option on the missions menu.
Palmer_Eldrich is offline   Reply With Quote