The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old September 24th, 2012, 01:33 AM   #1
LegacyOfTheAsh
FOXHOUND Operative

Default Slab Town Radio Tower Help.

Okay. I have been at this for a few hours now (on and off). There is a challenge called Slab UHF for the map of the same name. It requires that you turn on the radio tower in Slab Town. Now if you look up at the tower you can see the power switch for it as it crackles with electricity. The problem is, I have no clue how to get to it. I tried climbing but after a certain height the game won't let me go higher. I tried following the power cables and cannot find anything. I even tried shooting the fuse box with electric rounds. Nothing. Has anybody else figured out how to turn it on? I'll probably feel like an idiot when I find out what to do but I've been at this too long to go on with the frustration. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by LegacyOfTheAsh; September 24th, 2012 at 01:56 AM.
LegacyOfTheAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 03:42 AM   #2
ShanePSN

Default Re: Slab Town Radio Tower Help.

Would also love some help with this.
ShanePSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 04:05 AM   #3
Rensider
Jack of all trades

Been at this for 10 minutes and I think I've got it figured out.

When you're at the bridge next to the radio tower look to your left, there should be a green sort of tarp thing on the building (I have no idea what you call it). You're gonna want to get onto that. Once that's done, run up one of it's railing 'till you're right next to the building.
Now, this is where things get tricky. You need to grenade jump. A sticky grenade works best - even better if it's longbow. Throw it onto the railing, count 2 or 3 seconds in your head (depending on fuse time), and then jump. After that all you have to do is climb the girders and you're done.
Rensider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 10:02 AM   #4
VKP Butcher
Schmannibalistic

God, this one was such a pain. Don't need to grenade jump...just get on top of the bridge via the 2nd floor of the Slab King's place and see if you can figure out the rest.
Old September 24th, 2012, 11:18 AM   #5
LegacyOfTheAsh
FOXHOUND Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rensider View Post
Been at this for 10 minutes and I think I've got it figured out.

When you're at the bridge next to the radio tower look to your left, there should be a green sort of tarp thing on the building (I have no idea what you call it). You're gonna want to get onto that. Once that's done, run up one of it's railing 'till you're right next to the building.
Now, this is where things get tricky. You need to grenade jump. A sticky grenade works best - even better if it's longbow. Throw it onto the railing, count 2 or 3 seconds in your head (depending on fuse time), and then jump. After that all you have to do is climb the girders and you're done.
Collecting those skulls in Halo should have helped me here but I didn't think to do that lol. Thanks. I'll try it out. Edit: I just realized you meant trying this to get onto the tower base. I actually have no trouble getting to the tower base. My problem is climbing the actual girders. Thanks though. I guess I'll just keep at it and hope something changes.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKP Butcher View Post
God, this one was such a pain. Don't need to grenade jump...just get on top of the bridge via the 2nd floor of the Slab King's place and see if you can figure out the rest.
Yeah I did that (jumped from the top of the bridge to the tower base) and tried climbing the girders from the base of the actual tower but just couldn't get very high. Every time I get to a certain height, it's like I bump my head on an invisible ceiling and can't get onto the higher girders.

Last edited by LegacyOfTheAsh; September 24th, 2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old September 24th, 2012, 11:27 AM   #6
VKP Butcher
Schmannibalistic

Make sure you aim your jump out towards the furthest point of the next girder. Once you're next to the dish you want to hug the tower for that jump. Then it's just a matter of jumping and hitting the switch.
Old September 24th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #7
LegacyOfTheAsh
FOXHOUND Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKP Butcher View Post
Make sure you aim your jump out towards the furthest point of the next girder. Once you're next to the dish you want to hug the tower for that jump. Then it's just a matter of jumping and hitting the switch.
Cool. I'll focus on that when I hop back on. Thanks for the help ppl
Old September 28th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #8
Ftor
Zer0

Slab UHF - click here
Ftor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #9
dubbleutf
^ W T F?

This was a pain in the arse for me. Those beams right above me would knock off my jump ever so slightly, then I'd have to start over again.

Borderlands 2 Info
dubbleutf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 01:03 PM   #10
UTWarden
First Access Club Member

there is too many static meshes in the way, you start a jump realize your hitting something..look up think its a tire but your right along side of it.......this engine is known for this, just doesn't happen here either.
UTWarden is offline   Reply With Quote