The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old September 24th, 2012, 03:56 PM   #1
Deadwing
Traptrap

Default Borderlands 2 Freezing [Latest Gearbox Post #338]

[GBX EDIT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
A fix to address the issue where uneven Badass Stats could result in freezing behavior was part of the crash fixes contained in the update released in April: http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/e...x-Information-

If you experience further freezing behavior, please contact the team at http://support.gearboxsoftware.com for troubleshooting and investigation.

Quote:
For those still affected, I'd suggest following the basic instructions here, even if you've done them before, just for the sake of safety and to rule out any possible hiccups: http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/e...shing-freezing
[/GBX EDIT]

To clarify, I've been playing the game without issues or glitches up until now.

This morning, I was farming Scorch in Frostburn. I would run to him, kill, save and quit, and then repeat. This worked for 20+ runs, until my game froze completely after choosing the "Save and Quit" option when prompted.

Thinking my PS3 was exhausted, I let it rest for approximately ten hours. Upon trying again, the same issue was there. However, the game seems to freeze whenever it attempts to save. I tried killing Scorch then leaving Frostburn manually, but the game froze once I reached the New-U.

I also attempted to load up my newer character, and the same issue is present.

Help. ):

Last edited by ChrisF; July 9th, 2013 at 01:17 PM.
Deadwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 11:07 PM   #2
nadiel

Default Re: Game rendered unplayable (Saving)

i've been having the same problem. i just bought a brand new PS3 for this game so i could play with friends and co-workers that only have PS3. the game was running perfectly fine until a couple days ago. everytime me or someone i'm with goes near a save point the game lags/freezes for about 5 seconds with perma freezing at times. i can no longer play online with the frequency of people coming and going in random groups and even offline solo it's gamebreaking.
nadiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 09:52 AM   #3
Deadwing
Traptrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadiel View Post
i've been having the same problem. i just bought a brand new PS3 for this game so i could play with friends and co-workers that only have PS3. the game was running perfectly fine until a couple days ago. everytime me or someone i'm with goes near a save point the game lags/freezes for about 5 seconds with perma freezing at times. i can no longer play online with the frequency of people coming and going in random groups and even offline solo it's gamebreaking.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one.
Here's to hoping we'll get an official response on this eventually, because it seems like it's becoming a common problem.
Deadwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2012, 11:11 PM   #4
SpankedEagle

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/sh...152217&page=10

post 93 and down
SpankedEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2012, 11:30 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
ChrisF
GBX Product Manager

Sorry to hear you're having issues. The good news is that we've already identified an issue that can cause this and have a solution lined up that not only resolves that issue but also restores any characters affected by it.

The process for releasing updates on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 is different than it is on PC (where the update was released this morning) and we're doing everything we can to get this update out on consoles as soon as possible. Once we have more information there, we'll let you know.

Until then, we recommend that players avoid using the "Filter / Ignore" functionality of the Mission List.
ChrisF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 12:48 AM   #6
nadiel

unfortunately if that's part of the problem then you should look into why quests auto filter because i have ignored quests but never ignored them myself...dunno if its from joining someone else's lobby
nadiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #7
anarchowolf
Extra Testicle Claptrap

The freeze is toon related. Because Zero is broken and Maya works fine. But lets wait and see if they found the problem.
anarchowolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2012, 01:39 AM   #8
Mystro612

Default Re: Borderlands 2 Freezing

Any word on this patch I just lost a legendary trying to quit and save...
Mystro612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2012, 01:54 AM   #9
FlNALBOSS

My Gunzerker is now 100% unplayable due to this glitch.

I just lost a brand spanking new Conference Call due to this.

The only thing working for me is starting a brand spanking new character.

Also my Gunzerker save size has ballooned to over 300+kb.
FlNALBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2012, 05:00 AM   #10
Mayday408

When can we get a headsup on the patch release announcement?

I know you have to go through Sony, but can we at least know ASAP? Or are they just going to push the patch through, and it'll come out whenever, instead of being announced?

Game is 100% broken, can't even get it to load anymore.
Mayday408 is offline   Reply With Quote