The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old September 25th, 2012, 08:13 PM   #1
The Machine04
Rage Against It

Default What are Good Weapons for Axton

and how does everyone find them. Currently I'm level 26 and having an incredibly difficult time in lynchwood managing to kill the high hp enemies. The Lab Rats in particular are taking almost all of my ammo just to kill 4 of them. I know it's not endgame but where the heck did you find good guns at this stage of the game? All the vendor items are still level 22-23 and do horrible damage and the guns I'm using now just aren't cutting it either. It's very frustrating using level 18-19 weapons because the RNG generator has decided I don't deserve decent one's for 7-8 levels now.
Old September 25th, 2012, 11:23 PM   #2
NobleSix
Anarchy on Pandora!

Default Re: What are Good Weapons for Axton

I must be lucky then.

Same level as you, and I just found a few great purple weapons from the vendor by Crimson HQ's. Other than the few purples I just bought, most weapons from drops and vendors have been bad. Sometimes I have to keep weapons for 5+ levels, which sounds like the same problem you're having.
NobleSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 11:32 PM   #3
Drknow
The Doctor is in!

You could farm chests. In the highlands there is a chest just outside of town under the bridge on a scaffold. Might be lower level than what you are looking for, can't remember exactly.

Just check YT for good farming spots and grind out some decent weps. Also, check every gun vending machine, you never know what you might find.
Drknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 11:49 PM   #4
M11xStryker

Good guns? Any of em. Unlike in BL1, each class in BL2 doesn't really have a specialization in certain weapon types. Sure Zero does snipers, but none of the other classes have such massive preference to certain weapon types.
M11xStryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 11:52 PM   #5
CrazyMutantPsyco

I got a bandit gun from the quest Loggins gives (friendly buzzard pilot in the Dust) it is just like the glorious havoc from BL1 so it is BADASS. You may need to just kill a bunch of bandits to get it though. I can't remember the name of it but it looks a lot like the havoc.
CrazyMutantPsyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2012, 03:52 AM   #6
CorporalHicks
LvL50 Badass Troublemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Machine04 View Post
All the vendor items are still level 22-23
Don't use vendor weapons. They are crap most of the time.

Personally I find myself using shotguns and snipers most of the time when I play with Axton. This is kinda unusual for me because in BL1 I never used that much shotguns at all. While here in BL2 I can say that my primary weapon is a shotgun oO

EVERY FELLOW MARINE, JOIN NOW IN THE GBX ALIENS: COLONIAL MARINES STEAM GROUP - HERE !!!

hellcat420: "tbh since we are no longer getting an aliens version of bia i really dont care when its released since its just gonna be cod in space."

Last edited by CorporalHicks; September 26th, 2012 at 03:54 AM.
CorporalHicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2012, 04:28 AM   #7
Godlike13
360 GT - Godlike13

Farm BNK3R a couple times. Got a bunch of good guns from him.
Godlike13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2012, 04:32 AM   #8
wintermane

Every so often you will find a purple item in a vending machine.. quite often you will find a blue item so yes they are useful to look at.. just look at the deal of the day as its the best item in the shop.

As for what weapon to use.. try torque ars and pistols and rocket launchers. Also keep a good shotty handy as well as a sniper rifle preferably one with acid damage. Oh and for goodness sakes dont forget nades nades and more nades...
wintermane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2012, 04:47 AM   #9
smashbrolink
Turret-loving Hylian

Try Marmaril farming in Sanctuary. He can give some surprisingly good gear sometimes!
Of course, this is assuming you're playing on PS3. I hear that the spawn rate for him is uber low on PC...
smashbrolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2012, 06:41 AM   #10
Matheau

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporalHicks View Post
Don't use vendor weapons. They are crap most of the time.
Vendor weapons are spawned the same way most drops are. The only difference is you see more weapons drop than you normally look at vendor items, which increases the chances of finding a good item.

Most vendor items are horrible, but, really, most weapons gained in any possible way are horrible. It isn't a vendor specific thing.
Matheau is offline   Reply With Quote