The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands 2 > BL2 General Discussion (No Spoilers!)

Old September 27th, 2012, 08:24 PM   #1
danae12

Red face Borderlands 2 vs Borderlands 1 version ........

Ok first off thanks for the click and interest.. I just wanted to compare my two games.

First off before I give my opinion, and this is all it is, not emotion, not a I hate you thread, threat etc. or Just I have no life and I want to complain.. I am a customer, client and player of well Borderlands and I am going to give everyone who clicks on this and reads it... MY OPINION AND comparison...

borderlands 1 at this point in time if we were to go back to its life span compared to borderlands 2 is better...

Borderlands 2 to me just does not add up, its nice but I felt more satisfied with the armory of General Knox...

I am not jumping to conclusions or being quick to judge.. I am level 32 my wife is level 32 and NEITHER one of us has found a yellow/legendary gun.... As my wife says for a game Bragging about a bazzilion guns we have not found ONE yellow one.... Ahem a Bazzilion they say.. AKA was told on a commercial... So that is a big let down for us...

Got hit with a glitch the other night where I had infinity ammo never had to reload...

Performance with the ps3 platform is crap... Especially in split screen...

I don't regret buying borderlands 2.. I did not have inmature expectations either..

I also think the mini map was a bad idea... It is harder to locate the bots, without the compass, for some reason when I face the red dots on the mini map they are not there... Never had that problem with borderlands 1..

Maybe I am just old...

I am hoping for a patch to improve the chances to get better guns with BAZZILION guns, chance to get yellow ones etc...

I am hoping the dlc's will improve the experience...

As I said this company made a damn video game, I can never imagine how to do that.. I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings.. I am just giving my opinion..

Its a game, and I play it, I enjoy it...

Yet I would love to see it improved or at least known how I feel about it..

Thanks for reading...

still a damn good job done...

Last edited by danae12; September 27th, 2012 at 08:27 PM.
danae12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2012, 08:34 PM   #2
MN_Legit
Stoned

Default Re: Borderlands 2 vs Borderlands 1 version ........

There are a extremely large range of gun selection but this does not mean that there is a high drop rate for legendary items. Legendary items have a small chance of dropping and it takes hours of farming bosses to find these legendarys. They made it much more difficult to find any legendary items.
Performance wise.. I agree.. PS3/360 have terrible lag issues. Especially on split screen. I mean my first character I can no longer even enjoy playing because everytime I run into a save point I am at a stand still for about 5-10 seconds. Sometimes I even have to restart my PS3. Very frustrating.
I was fairly dissapointed in the long run. I mean the game is still fresh and no DLC has been released yet.. BL1 Had plenty of DLC that was a very nice addition to the game.

Also it is pretty annoying that you can duplicate items and money. People spend hours upon hours farming these legendary items and some people can just go and duplicate them and give them to friends.
MN_Legit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2012, 08:48 PM   #3
onlyamazed

I was lvl 33 before i found my first legendary.

Its called legendary (rarest class of guns) for a reason.

Youre not just going to get one handed to you for the hell of it. Complaining about it instead of playing seems to be a waste of time.
Lvl 18 mechromancer
onlyamazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2012, 09:09 PM   #4
daspoonman
Gun Crafter

I think the people who beat the game as fast as possible desensitized us to the amount of legendaries. They farm endgame bosses until they get a ton and it makes it look easy.
daspoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2012, 09:12 PM   #5
ViolentSeizurez

Quote:
Borderlands 2 to me just does not add up, its nice but I felt more satisfied with the armory of General Knox...
Really? You are comparing the base game to how good the first got with a DLC? Seems a little off.

Quote:
Performance with the ps3 platform is crap
It was way worse in the first game, lag city all game. BL2 is way more stable than BL1 was at this point.

Quote:
I am level 32 my wife is level 32 and NEITHER one of us has found a yellow/legendary gun
They are rare, you don't just get them, you have to farm for them.

"You're cordially invited BIATCH!"
ViolentSeizurez is offline   Reply With Quote