The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands 2 > BL2 General Discussion (No Spoilers!)

Old October 6th, 2012, 01:44 AM   #11
Dre
Dre G. Writer

Default Re: Using 50 iridium for 1 Skull chest Key in game.

I'd like to buy weapons from the black market using iridium like I've read in MANY interviews before the game came out, only to find out that was not true at all or it was scrapped from the final build.

Last edited by Dre; October 6th, 2012 at 01:46 AM.
Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2012, 01:47 AM   #12
xcrimsonlegendx
The Maliwan Man

Getting golden keys for Eridium is a bad idea, that is unless it was 2,000 per key.

҉ Ice weapons: Waiting since 2009 ҉
xcrimsonlegendx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2012, 02:01 AM   #13
SolanumX2

The cap is only 99 O.o.

Not to mention that 2000 is far too much. The items are rarely that great, so 50-99 would be perfect. It would still take numerous boss runs to get it, but at least if you're not getting any good drops from the runs you've got the potential of the chest.
Old October 6th, 2012, 03:28 AM   #14
hoilst
First Access Club Member

Iridium is DEFINITELY under-utilised at the moment - I've got all the SDUs, and about 99 Iridium...probably more. I stopped counting. And, well, I'm getting a little tired of the Social-Web-2.0 Marketing self-pleasuring exercise that is drip feeding the codes on Twitter.

Plus, are Gearbox going to be bothered to hand out codes three years from now? Or five? Or ten?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre View Post
I'd like to buy weapons from the black market using iridium like I've read in MANY interviews before the game came out, only to find out that was not true at all or it was scrapped from the final build.
Yeah...I've yet to dig up the articles, but I swear there was a bunch of stuff I read about which was mentioned that never made it into the final game.

I remember reading a) you'd have unlimited storage space and b) you could teleport items to your safe when you were out in the field, without having to go back to Sanctuary.

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolanumX2 View Post
The cap is only 99 O.o.

Not to mention that 2000 is far too much. The items are rarely that great, so 50-99 would be perfect. It would still take numerous boss runs to get it, but at least if you're not getting any good drops from the runs you've got the potential of the chest.
50-99 is perfect, and for exactly the reason you mentioned: I'm having terrible luck getting purples and golds...I got my second gold last night, and that's because my mate left it like on the battlefield after he killed a chubby varkid.

Iridium is DEFINITELY under-utilised at the moment - I've got all the SDUs, and about 99 Iridium...probably more. I stopped counting. And, well, I'm getting a little tired of the Social-Web-2.0 Marketing self-pleasuring exercise that is drip feeding the codes on Twitter.

Plus, are Gearbox going to be bothered to hand out codes three years from now? Or five? Or ten?

Iridium for golden keys = excellent idea. Thoroughly endorsed by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre View Post
Yeah...I've yet to dig up the articles, but I swear there was a bunch of stuff I read about which was mentioned that never made it into the final game.

I remember reading a) you'd have unlimited storage space and b) you could teleport items to your safe when you were out in the field, without having to go back to Sanctuary.
hoilst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2012, 03:35 AM   #15
xcrimsonlegendx
The Maliwan Man

Quote:
The cap is only 99 O.o.

If I can farm Terra three times solo and max it out, I'd say it's not to much. Getting a free gold key every other run would spoil their whole purpose.

Old October 6th, 2012, 03:40 AM   #16
SolanumX2

Wow, you get an ass load of eridium. I usually get about 10-15 per Terra run.

I'm not sure I'm following, to be honest. Why would being allowed to get the keys on your own ruin their purpose? How is it really any better than following all of the Gearbox twitter and staff accounts in hopes that they'll trickle out a key? At least this way you're doing something in game to get it.

The drops for Terra aren't great to begin with. I look at this as more of a supplement to that. A supplement that also doesn't have that great items, lol. It's like a supplement you'd see advertised at 3AM when you can't sleep.
Old October 6th, 2012, 03:49 AM   #17
devious

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoilst View Post
sure, on borderlands 3/4/5.
devious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2012, 03:51 AM   #18
xcrimsonlegendx
The Maliwan Man

Quote:
Wow, you get an ass load of eridium. I usually get about 10-15 per Terra run.

I'm not sure I'm following, to be honest. Why would being allowed to get the keys on your own ruin their purpose? How is it really any better than following all of the Gearbox twitter and staff accounts in hopes that they'll trickle out a key? At least this way you're doing something in game to get it.

The drops for Terra aren't great to begin with. I look at this as more of a supplement to that. A supplement that also doesn't have that great items, lol. It's like a supplement you'd see advertised at 3AM when you can't sleep.
Eh, I'd rather keep the keys somewhat special than make them an every day thing, that's just me. I'd like to see those glowing purple ingots of doom be used for something but not golden keys.

Old October 6th, 2012, 03:51 AM   #19
moonbhaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by devious View Post
sure, on borderlands 3/4/5.
He's right, and he is also a nerd.
moonbhaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2012, 03:53 AM   #20
SolanumX2

I would agree, but this is currently the best idea for the time being. It would be relatively simple to input, and would give us something to use eridium on until campaign DLC comes out.

Hopefully by then they'll have much better uses for it, so using it for keys wouldn't even enter our minds.