The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands 2 > BL2 Gameplay Discussion (Spoilers!)

Old October 8th, 2012, 02:45 PM   #11
derch1981
The Derch Knight Returns

Default Re: Trickk's Help Guide for True Vault Hunter Mode

I almost found playthrough one harder, because my character was weaker. Without all the skills in my tree I had to do a lot more second winds/sniping/running. Now that I am deep in my skill trees and have better gear, I often run in caution to the wind and go guns blazing. I play on co-op as maya and my friend playing axtion. Yeah i realize its harder, but my character is also tougher and more skilled to deal with it. Even with that for fun I'm playing jakobs only guns, so limiting my potential at that.

The thought of needed to go split screen to prevent myself from dying to keep bloodwing from regenerating isn't really playing the game, just concentrate on not dying and killing him, its more fun that way. Grinding isn't that much fun, playing the missions and doing some exploring is.
derch1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 02:50 PM   #12
XxInvisoShankxX

I just saved Roland by running through and quickly mutilating Warden with a 60k Caustic Rocket Launcher after one shot of slag and I'm level 41 already. You just have to use cover and a lot of grenades (: lol
XxInvisoShankxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 03:32 PM   #13
NiveousAngel
Borderlands Bug Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBL TRICKK View Post
* Moxxis SMG are great to have. I wasnt sure at the time what the red text did but apparently they help you heal while they are doing elemental dmg. These are guns you can get over and over again by tipping her xxx amount of dollars. It is very important that everytime you level go back to sanctuary and get these guns to see if they scaled to you and if they are better than what you currently posses
Whoa whoa, what? Can someone explain this to me?
NiveousAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 04:59 PM   #14
XBL TRICKK

U have to tip moxxi in the jar anywhere from 10k+ and she gives out 2 different guns, then save quit tip her again and she gives the guns again
XBL TRICKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #15
KingTaco
First Access Club Member

Moxxi's Good Touch returns health as the corrosive damage over time affect damages enemies.
KingTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #16
NiveousAngel
Borderlands Bug Magnet

Whoa.... I never noticed the healing with her good touch. So as long as I save and quit right after receiving the gun, I can keep getting them? Holy crap that'll be a major help with the last stretch of TVHM
NiveousAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 08:11 PM   #17
PNellesen
I frequently perish

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTaco View Post
Moxxi's Good Touch returns health as the corrosive damage over time affect damages enemies.
A couple of really stupid questions here, please bear with my noobishnes:

1 - does the healing work the same way as a transfusion grenade, where you get the little red crosses coming back to you? If it does, then yeah, that explains a lot, lol.

2 - is it ONLY "Moxxi's" Good Touch that does this, or will ANY of the "Good Touch" weapons do it? I've got a level 28 "Lucid" Good Touch, and another level 18th Good Touch (forget the prefix).
----------------------------------------------------------------
BL2: Salvador - OP5| Zer0 - OP2| Maya, Krieg - OP1| Axton - 72| Gaige - 62
PNellesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 08:32 PM   #18
KingTaco
First Access Club Member

Sorry, I meant her bad touch, the corrosive one. Your health regenerates as you do DoT corrosive damage, it shouldn't come with the little transfusion crosses.

Nevermind, apparently both of her weapons give a health regeneration bonus. Double my bad. http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Good_Touch

Last edited by KingTaco; October 8th, 2012 at 08:33 PM.
KingTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 09:16 PM   #19
asterik216

In PT2 you have to actually hide and use cover and maybe have to run away some times. They have way better accuracy and you can't take on 5 guys in the wide open with no cover.
asterik216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 11:39 AM   #20
doogie06

Everyone mentions the hide and shoot type deal, which I agree. Couple more things I've picked up from playing TVHM more.

1. Slag, Corrosive, Shock are your friends...everyone seems to resist fire.

2. Do Not have lower level buddies join on you (ie- levels 20-30), it will increase the amount of enemies without you having any sort of legit back-up.

3. Nothing wrong with doing side missions that don't give great weapons/loot so you can level up before doing the main story. I noticed that doing a level 47 mission when I was a level 44 was almost impossible for me. Got to level 47 with almost the same weapons and I was able to breeze through it.
doogie06 is offline   Reply With Quote