The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old October 9th, 2012, 03:16 AM   #1
ChadWicky

Default Glitch - Instant level when joining game

A friend and I play Borderlands 2 on Steam. He decided to make an Assassin and level him up some. I alt-tabbed from the main menu and looked up some stuff about the game, particularly how to get Vermivorous the Invincible. When I alt-tabbed back into the game it showed his character level at 50, but he had only just reached Liar's Berg. I told him it said he was level 50, and he kept telling me that he was only level 3 and that my game was glitched or something. He asked me to join to help him burn through some missions to get through the beginning faster, so I joined. For some reason it lost connection to host, so I changed my play-through from TVHM to play-through 1. When I got in-game he said that he went from level 3 to level 50 instantly. I thought he was kidding, but it actually showed him at level 50, and he had all the skill points.

I'm not sure how this happened, and I have tried to re-create it, but I haven't had any luck. We can't be the only people this has happened to.

From what I know from his end, he saved and quit with his level 50 Commando in TVHM, then went to Select Character and clicked on New Assassin. He then went into New Game and created an Assassin. He started playing as normal, then when I joined he leveled from 3 to 50 instantly.

I'm positive that me joining caused him to level, because he leveled the instant it said "ChadWicky has joined your struggle". It takes me a while to actually get into the game, so I didn't see any "dings" or anything, but when I got in he was level 50.

I think the glitch was on my end. I think I remember seeing on the sidebar a level 50 next to his Commando icon, as usual, then the 50 staying and the Assassin icon pop-up in place of the Commando icon.

I had him create another character, but when he made one, it showed him at level 1.

This is all the information I have. I know that we didn't have any software downloaded. This wasn't intentional. We weren't trying to cheat. It just happened. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem (or blessing, depending on how you look at it), but if you have, please post on here. Hopefully this can be addressed accordingly.
ChadWicky is offline   Reply With Quote