The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old October 9th, 2012, 06:38 AM   #1
IGoDown
I.....AM.....FATMAN!

Default Mechromancer DLC resetting Badass Ranks?

[GBX EDIT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
The good news is that the release of Mechromancer and today's update are not connected to the occurrences of Badass Rank being reset -- while the timing may appear coincidental, it's a separate issue that we are continuing to investigate. We ask that players who have experienced this issue to email us at profiles@gearboxsoftware.com with as many details as possible to help us gather additional information on the matter.
[/GBX EDIT]

Dear Gearbox,

I'm sincerely upset with your organization right now because at roughly 6:30AM EST, I was kicked from my Borderlands 2 session and forced to download a 3MB patch that interrupted my playing time with my good friend on Xbox Live. The game then informed me that the Mechromancer DLC had been release and was available for download. After installing it, I made my Gaige character from the "Character Select" menu and proceeded to start a new playthrough with her. About 20 minutes into the playthrough (as I was entering Liar's Berg), I looked through my menus and what-not and realized that my Badass Rank was 8, instead of the 16,000+ that it should've been. Something happened between the time of the patch and me starting that new playthrough that cause my Badass Rank to reset. Would loading another character first have prevented this from happening? Please tell us, your paying customer base, what's going on and what, if anything, is being done to resolve this matter. You obviously have several angry customers who want answers here on these forums. Please make an announcement informing us that you're atleast aware of this matter and if you're working on a fix. Thank you.

I'm altering this post so that people won't think I'm butthurt. I'm not. I just want Gearbox to get their **** together and think of their customers 'before' profit and fix known bugs before releasing DLC.

Update: I just noticed my post has been altered. Hmmm. The fact still remains, thousands of customers were affected by this (I know several in my small circle of friends) who have been reset pre-patch and from the patch. Stop dancing around the issue, Gearbox. This Badass Rank issue should've been resolved BEFORE you release ANY DLC.

Last edited by IGoDown; October 9th, 2012 at 09:11 PM.
IGoDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2012, 06:43 AM   #2
Drknow
The Doctor is in!

Default Re: Mechromancer DLC resetting Badass Ranks.

Simmer down, it's just a game.
Old October 9th, 2012, 06:49 AM   #3
IGoDown
I.....AM.....FATMAN!

Ya know what, it's hard to settle down when I put so many legitimate hours in to this game (9 days on my Gunzerker alone) and took the time to complete all my badass challenges, only to be reset. And meanwhile, modders/boosters have the ability to make a more powerful character than me in minutes. How's that fair? Gearbox SERIOUSLY needs to consider using a cloud save system to save characters/character progress on, rather than relying on the console saves. This would eliminate a LOT of these ******* bugs. Get with the times, Gearbox. My point is, I take the time to enjoy every single bit of this game, legitimately, only to get **** slapped by it and meanwhile, I have to stand by with my now nerfed characters, while cheaters go unpunished.
Old October 9th, 2012, 06:58 AM   #4
Yaro
IRL ninja

I'm not fussed about my Badass points. Game's easy enough as it is.
Yaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2012, 06:58 AM   #5
IGoDown
I.....AM.....FATMAN!

Also, what I said about cloud saving would end modded saves, too, and potentially end duping. All this raging just made me realize how cheap Gearbox is lmao. Oh well. Time to get ready for Assassin's Creed 3. So long, Pandora!
Old October 9th, 2012, 06:59 AM   #6
RadioactiveMicrobe
Extremist E-Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGoDown View Post
Ya know what, it's hard to settle down when I put so many legitimate hours in to this game (9 days on my Gunzerker alone) and took the time to complete all my badass challenges, only to be reset. And meanwhile, modders/boosters have the ability to make a more powerful character than me in minutes. How's that fair? Gearbox SERIOUSLY needs to consider using a cloud save system to save characters/character progress on, rather than relying on the console saves. This would eliminate a LOT of these ******* bugs. Get with the times, Gearbox. My point is, I take the time to enjoy every single bit of this game, legitimately, only to get **** slapped by it and meanwhile, I have to stand by with my now nerfed characters, while cheaters go unpunished.
*facepalm*

Okay, so there are launch issues.

I'm sure throwing a fit and whining will spur them to fix every issue you have with the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGoDown View Post
Also, what I said about cloud saving would end modded saves, too, and potentially end duping. All this raging just made me realize how cheap Gearbox is lmao. Oh well. Time to get ready for Assassin's Creed 3. So long, Pandora!
I'm sure we'll all miss you. /sarcasm But we all know you'll be back to throw more fits.

Last edited by RadioactiveMicrobe; October 9th, 2012 at 07:04 AM.
RadioactiveMicrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2012, 07:00 AM   #7
kingando420

First time I lost 700+ badass rank, I was pretty pissed off.

This time I've lost 5000+ badass rank and 9 golden keys, I'm devastated.

I'm the second user on my 360, my girlfriend and I play coop splitscreen and I was unable to download the mechro DLC on my profile (despite other features of premiere club being available to me). I had to login with my GF's profile to get the mechromancer and she had had no problem with badass rank resets. I wonder if this has something to do with my issues.
kingando420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2012, 07:04 AM   #8
IGoDown
I.....AM.....FATMAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaro View Post
I'm not fussed about my Badass points. Game's easy enough as it is.
Let's see if you still think that once they start all their nerfing. I can see it now. They've already confirmed they're nerfing The Bee, so there's an instant 90% damage decrease, especially on big mobs like Terramorphous. Then they're probably going to scale the enemy HP/shields up even further, giving regular level 50ish mobs around 1mill health each, while your bullets are only doing 10k-100k, depending on what you're using. So a full Conference Call clip will barely kill a midget. So knowing that that's probably going to happen, tell me the 10-20% stat increases mean nothing, because that's bogus.
Old October 9th, 2012, 07:06 AM   #9
FORSAKEN ESF
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioactiveMicrobe View Post
*facepalm*

Okay, so there are launch issues.

I'm sure throwing a fit and whining will spur them to fix every issue you have with the game.

I'm sure we'll all miss you. /sarcasm But we all know you'll be back to throw more fits.
launch issues you say... amusing the game was out on the 18 of last month
FORSAKEN ESF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2012, 07:07 AM   #10
underscorewas

Gearbox can't implement cloud saves on a console. That would be implemented by the console manufacturers.