The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > General Discussion > Off-Topic

Old July 19th, 2004, 12:55 PM   #1
MasterChief1128
. : [M@TR C] : .

Send a message via AIM to MasterChief1128
Default Doing pushups daily...how long until I see reulsts

All right guys, I've been really bored the last few days so I'm gonna start doing a few sets of 25 pushups and a few sets of 50 situps every day. So far today, I've done two sets of 25 pushups, but haven't done the situps yet (the situps are a lot easier for me).

Anyways, I'm wondering if I do an average of two sets of 25 pushups and two sets of 50 situps a day how long will it take for me to start noticing my muscles being built?

By the way, I weigh about 130 and I am 5'8". I've been tryin to eat lots of protein and stuff so I gain weight, so hopefully that'll get me some extra muscle to work on.

Thankd guys!
MasterChief1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2004, 12:57 PM   #2
spidoman
It's the internet, RELAX.

Default Re: Doing pushups daily...how long until I see reu

month or so, but you may not actually see muscle being built up, you may just see more defined and leaner muscle mass. The muscle look isn't everything.
spidoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2004, 01:10 PM   #3
Reppyboyo
Dance on the Graves

Send a message via AIM to Reppyboyo Send a message via Yahoo to Reppyboyo

Dunno, I built up muscles from work, not alot over 3 months, but a noticeable improvement.
Reppyboyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2004, 01:12 PM   #4
spidoman
It's the internet, RELAX.

yeah best way to build up is to just work, it's kinda like getting tan, tanning doesn't work, just go run around outside for a day.
spidoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2004, 01:25 PM   #5
nah

Go learn how to roof houses or something, lot of work...
nah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2004, 01:32 PM   #6
GowmanAG
The Peace Keeper

Send a message via AIM to GowmanAG

Results are not instant I'll tell you that. Since I am out of High School and college does not start till late September, I started working out daily for about a month now. Do you have any machines to do anything with? Cause yes you can still do a lot naturally, with running, sports, pushups, crunches etc, but machines can speed the process up if your looking for actual seeable results.

I don't do sit-ups much though, Ive been told their outdated and less effective then other things, so I do about a 1,000 crunches a day, which is where you lay on your back keep your legs up and straight as high as they go and do like half sit-ups continuously. I usually do sets of one hundred. I also use this power rider thing, its sort of like a bike but with different movements and harder to push.

My other recommendation that most teenagers refuse to even consider is STOP eating the crappy food, or at least cut it down a lot. If you can work off more calories then you take in each day you will see better results then doing a work out then eating a large pizza. Like my best friend works out like crazy for 2 years now but he still has a semi big stomach because he keeps eating large quantities of crappy food and drinks like 10 soda pops a day. Sugar is the worst; ditch the candy bars and 7-eleven slurpees.
GowmanAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2004, 01:32 PM   #7
MasterChief1128

Yeah, I see your point. But what kinda work? I mean I'm only 15 and stuff, so I don't have a real job and stuff. I'll keep doin the situps and pushups though, just to kinda stay in shape. Thanks guys.
Old July 19th, 2004, 01:39 PM   #8
GowmanAG
The Peace Keeper

Send a message via AIM to GowmanAG

Quote:
I mean I'm only 15 and stuff, so I don't have a real job and stuff.
No I did not mean I job by "Working out What I do is I try to consistently do the same 2 hour work out every day around the same time if possible. Before you do so eat something and take in plenty of water before and after, you don't want to do more harm then good. Also always do stretches before doing your workout, it helps loosen you up and get you going beforehand so you don't hurt your self. Anything your doing on your back be sure its a hard flat surface, dont be doing this stuff on a bed or anything, you will harm your back over time and will be seeing a chiropractor as the result, my dad is one so I see him if I do to much.
GowmanAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2004, 01:51 PM   #9
wakarimasen

Working Out is good. And stretching is just as good. I get too lazy though, I used to stretch and work out everyday during winter...Now I do it when I remember to, or when I see something like this topic, and i'm like, "oh yeah, I should work out, and/or stretch". I just did 40 pushups. hmmhmm, when I started working out I noticed results pretty quickly. The muscles don't get visably bigger very fast, but you definately feel stronger. I used to strecth more than I lifted weights. I can do splits, though I'm sure you don't really need to do that, I just stretched a lot. gobble, I'm gonna go do some more pushups, then maybe stretch. I over worked my legs yesterday, so now I have to give them a rest cause they're sore.
wakarimasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2004, 01:53 PM   #10
MasterChief1128

No Gowman, I was talking to Spido. But thanks a lot your posts gave me a lot of insight.