The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old October 12th, 2012, 12:59 AM   #1
Ryo Antoni

Default Terramorphous Rare Loot?

Terramorphous supposed to drop best loot found on Pandora.... Not true.. I barely get any Rares or Legendaries and half the time he drops the same loot.. Im not saying let him drop some ultra rare crazy stuff im just saying can we get something other than stuff you find in chest on the other maps...
Ryo Antoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2012, 01:10 AM   #2
Maya
Target Practice

Default Re: Terramorphous Rare Loot?

Nothing's supposed to do anything. Terramorphous is the most easily accessed raid bossso far, and incredibly easy to farm, and always drops a half-decent Legendary mod besides. He's low risk/moderate reward and it reflects in his various decent but not incredibly amazing unique drops.
Old October 12th, 2012, 01:11 AM   #3
Wallach
First Access Club Member

I agree. All of the "loot pinata" style bosses (like BNK-3R, Warrior, Terra) need to be looked at in terms of loot table. I think all the other random junk they have makes it way too hard to get to their decent drops. I suppose on Tuesday with the DLC this might be irrelevant, though it would suck to feel pressured to buy the DLC just to get access to bosses with decent loot distribution.
Wallach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2012, 01:15 AM   #4
Maya
Target Practice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallach View Post
I agree. All of the "loot pinata" style bosses (like BNK-3R, Warrior, Terra) need to be looked at in terms of loot table. I think all the other random junk they have makes it way too hard to get to their decent drops. I suppose on Tuesday with the DLC this might be irrelevant, though it would suck to feel pressured to buy the DLC just to get access to bosses with decent loot distribution.
A loot filter feature would be amazing, I think. Toggle different rarities and only relevant items get highlighted for easy pick-up.
Old October 12th, 2012, 01:36 AM   #5
Ryo Antoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya View Post
Nothing's supposed to do anything. Terramorphous is the most easily accessed raid bossso far, and incredibly easy to farm, and always drops a half-decent Legendary mod besides. He's low risk/moderate reward and it reflects in his various decent but not incredibly amazing unique drops.

I mean the class mods are cool and all but that's the only Rare thing he drops. Like i can understand getting 1 in 5 chance to get a weapon or something idk but i just think it should be a little better than drop grenades and guns you would usually find in a Chest or random box.
Old October 12th, 2012, 02:07 AM   #6
hags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya View Post
I might buy that if the more difficult bosses, Vermi for one, dropped better loot on a regular basis, they do not.

I do not see any correlation between difficulty and reward.
hags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2012, 02:13 AM   #7
Ic3b3rg

Terras loot is a joke, the first mod that dropped for me has had better stats than all the rest hes been dropping since i started farming him. Found a couple good guns but most of it is junk. On my game his special loot is a myth and probably will never drop. There might be something wrong on my game, as it is like this with all boss drops. I do play on the 360.

Truth part1 | Truth part2 |
Ic3b3rg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2012, 02:36 AM   #8
Ryo Antoni

In all honesty most of all the Raid bosses drop bad loot even Vermi. The first time i fought him i expected at least 2 orange items and some purples, But instead im stuck with some blue shields and a white assault rifle. I've heard about the billions of guns or whatever that supposed to be in the game but i mean you got to Terra, kill him pick up all his loot then go to Sanctuary play the Slot Machine and get the same exact gun... Im not complaining or anything I love the game, I just think there's a small problem with the loot system.
Old October 12th, 2012, 06:29 AM   #9
xdarkknightx09

yeah have fun farming the slot machines for 50hours to get one.
there called rare drops for a reason.
xdarkknightx09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2012, 04:02 PM   #10
Maya
Target Practice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ic3b3rg View Post
Terras loot is a joke, the first mod that dropped for me has had better stats than all the rest hes been dropping since i started farming him. Found a couple good guns but most of it is junk. On my game his special loot is a myth and probably will never drop. There might be something wrong on my game, as it is like this with all boss drops. I do play on the 360.
Might just be that you've incurred the wrath of the Random Number God.

In about an hour total of killing (16 runs or so), I received two Hide shield, one Blood relic, and one Fire-elemental Pitchfork sniper.

I haven't farmed him since because the only guy with drops I want is Vermi, but it was nice to see where my PT1-2 Legendaries went.