The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old October 16th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #1
Pogiforce

Default Captain Blade's Weapons

I find Captain Blade and his relationship to his weapons interesting. So far I've done two note in a bottle quests and from each I've gotten a weapon that seems to punish you for using them for their intended purpose. First was Captain Blade's Orphan Maker, and second was the Slag Rapier. the first damages you whenever oyu use it, and given the rapier has "curse of the porcelain fist!" I'm pretty sure that while it does +200% melee damage it also hurts you whenever you melee with it.

Now if you listen to Captain Blade's audio logs, he's an extreme pacifist. He can't even bring himself to kill his own men, even in self defense. Now these cursed weapons, IMO, bring about a very interesting question: was Blade a pacifist by nature, and the guns reflect that? he dies and his pacifism acts as a curse upon his loot? Or was his loot cursed to start with, imposing a pacifism upon him until it became natural to him?

My characters
Lv. 72 Gunzerker - Salvador

Lv. 61 Mechromancer - Gaige

lv. 52 Commando - Axton

Lv. 53 Psycho - Krieg

Lv. 26 Assassin - Zer0

Lv. 27 Siren - Maya
Pogiforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2012, 04:43 PM   #2
legendx66
Claptrap's greatest fear

Default Re: Captain Blade's Weapons

sounds cool. if i could find the chest i'd let you know. it's well hidden. never mind lol. got a shield.

Last edited by legendx66; October 16th, 2012 at 04:44 PM.
legendx66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #3
CharleySchizo
SDMF

ive found the raiper but not the one in the rustyards, ive gotten the quest and im in the area where im suppose to find it, but i just cant, anyone found it yet?
CharleySchizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2012, 05:05 PM   #4
frozenmoses

I've found four so far. His rapier, shotgun, shield, and relic. Wonder if there's anything special once you've found them all and equip them together.
frozenmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #5
ZephyrChild

Look for an X on the ground if you're having trouble.

I've found three so far; the shield, shotgun, and assault rifle. The Curse of the Porcelain Fist is still a mystery to me. I'm a melee assassin, and it doesn't seem to hurt me to melee with it, though it sounds like it should. The shield is something to do with elemental damage, and the shotgun definitely hurts you when you use it.
ZephyrChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2012, 08:59 PM   #6
Omnisquall
First Access Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleySchizo View Post
ive found the raiper but not the one in the rustyards, ive gotten the quest and im in the area where im suppose to find it, but i just cant, anyone found it yet?
After you cross the bridge go to the right and duck under the stairs. The X is really hard to see since it's usually in shadow.
Omnisquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #7
Grenadist
Me

I've got all of them, but I have no idea if there is a bonus for having them all equipped or not. But yeah I have them. The Rapier, hasn't seemed to have negative side effects, not for me regardless. The Grenade is horrible though, it spawns child grenades that go after you no mater where you are. Don't know what the shield does but it doesn't seem negative.
Grenadist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2012, 09:11 PM   #8
FOcaseal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenadist View Post
Don't know what the shield does but it doesn't seem negative.
Apparently your melee attacks deal explosive damage, and you take more elemental damage.
FOcaseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2012, 09:18 PM   #9
Valas34

I have all 4. The shotgun got annoying pretty fast. The rapier is quite good given I never melee anyone. Haven't seen any drawbacks to the shield or relic but I haven't really been paying attention to them to be honest, my current stuff is better anyway.

ninja edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOcaseal View Post
Apparently your melee attacks deal explosive damage, and you take more elemental damage.
Now I know what the curse for that one is.

Originally Posted by IrishRebel 
Oh, am I ranting about the loot system again? Must be because it is total balls.
Valas34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2012, 09:23 PM   #10
Grenadist
Me

I melee people all the time with the Rapier and I haven't notice ill effects. The shield (after testing) is fun explode meleeing things but also dangerous. The explosions hurt you too.
Grenadist is offline   Reply With Quote