The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands 2 > BL2 Gameplay Discussion (Spoilers!)

Old October 17th, 2012, 03:03 AM   #1
Pinchsmokey
Jakobs Lover

Default Lets hope DLC 2 is better and made by GBX and not some other studio.

Sorry for some ranting but i need to really blow off some steam. I finished the Pirates dlc, have to say it was not as good as i thought it would be. Give it a 5/10

1. First off, i was very dissapointed this was not made in house at GBX (watch the end credits)..thought they learned the lesson from underdome and robot revolution. Guess not.

2. New vehicle is trash, since you cannot aim DOWN at all in front of you.

3. Knoxx like islands of mobs/on foot areas, with miles of pointless terrain. "omg sand worms!!!"...meh, after the first 10 i just flew past them. Even on foot, ZERO challenge.

4. Story elements were well done except for the TOTAL lack of any kind of closure with Scarlett. WTF.

5. If i wanted "raid lockouts" i would play a mmo. If i wanted moronic raid style bosses, i would play wow. Warrior was fine, hell even terra is ok. But someone should have nipped Gee in the bud, and altered/totally eliminated him. And after seeing the loot purchasable with this new currency, thanks but no. Not even worth the 12 fing days it would take to get 1 item. BORDERLANDS IS NOT F*UCKING WOW.

And while we are at it, if you are going to tease with the word "booty"...you best be showing some, and not the laughable drops in this DLC. some quest rewards were different, although still meh in comparison to standard weaponry. A 40k dmg shotty? Sure, but make it with a 90+ accuracy then. A wave style smg? Hell yes....just needs a 3x larget clip.

I'll finish with a refresh of point 1. Make your own damn dlc for your own game. Pawning it off to another studio (for whatever reason) is a MISTAKE. And it shows in the total overall quality of Borderlands 2's first dlc. Which makes me sad. It also makes me very sure i will never get a season pass for another game ever.

ToxicKookie: "People who buy on impulse have waived their right to be disappointed."

Last edited by Pinchsmokey; October 17th, 2012 at 03:05 AM.
Pinchsmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2012, 03:37 AM   #2
obey_pdx

Default Re: Lets hope DLC 2 is better and made by GBX and not some other studio.

agreed.
obey_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2012, 04:03 AM   #3
Elric of Grans
PC Player

Default Re: Lets hope DLC 2 is better and made by GBX and not some other studio.

Yup, I agree with all of this.

To be honest, I would rather give up DLC2 and have my season pass money invested in a `Borderlands Improvement DLC'. No new content, but all the bugs fixed, balance issues addressed, and major player complaints (eg poor weapons, lack of storage, MMO-influenced crud) addressed.
Old October 17th, 2012, 04:08 AM   #4
Redstone_Fanatic

The 4 DLC are being released over a time period expanding to June 2013. More than likely they expected people buying the DLC to still be playing far past just finishing the story. Once a day is not a bad policy.
Redstone_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2012, 04:16 AM   #5
Mr Goodkat
Dissonator of Cognance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstone_Fanatic View Post
The 4 DLC are being released over a time period expanding to June 2013. More than likely they expected people buying the DLC to still be playing far past just finishing the story. Once a day is not a bad policy.
Wth are you smoking? No one is going to keep playing just so they can fight 2 incredibly cheap, tedious bosses once a day so they can buy a bunch of underpowered weapons.
Mr Goodkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2012, 04:24 AM   #6
FISHKILLA707

I agree 100%

LVL 61 Cammando X2
LVL 61 Gunzerker X2
LVL 61 Siren X2
LVL 50 Zero
LVL 61 Gaige X3
LVL 61 Psycho
BA Rank 120,105

DA FISH SHOP
http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/sh...d.php?t=235456
FISHKILLA707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2012, 04:26 AM   #7
OminousJackal
This dog bites.

I pretty much agree with everything in the OP.
Old October 17th, 2012, 04:29 AM   #8
drenz
e-terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinchsmokey View Post
It also makes me very sure i will never get a season pass for another game ever.
I bought the season pass on faith that Gearbox would deliver the same quality as Zombie Island and Gnoxx. I'm feeling this way right now too.

Did the devs play this game with bandits re-skinned as pirates and think it would be fun?
drenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2012, 04:33 AM   #9
Milk

Lets hope next DLC the community isn't as spoiled and b!tchy.
Milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2012, 04:36 AM   #10
DanRakich
CL4P-TP Humanoid

Send a message via MSN to DanRakich Send a message via Yahoo to DanRakich Send a message via Skype™ to DanRakich

i jus got the season pass, you better just be a ranty little b*tch and that its not as bad as you make it sound.

GT : DanRakich
DanRakich is offline   Reply With Quote