The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old October 18th, 2012, 12:00 AM   #1
uggs

Default Lost Characters / Graveyard.sav

[GBX EDIT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
Recently a few users have begun violating the Xbox Live Code of Conduct by using an external application to maliciously disrupt the experience and sabotage characters of legitimate Borderlands 2 players on Xbox 360. Fortunately it’s easy to avoid this scenario.

While we work to resolve this as quickly as possible with our partners, concerned Xbox 360 players of Borderlands 2 should consider playing online with trusted individuals in non-public sessions. This does not affect players on PC or PlayStation 3.

We also advise that before ceasing play, users always select "Save and Quit" from within the pause menu while their character is alive. If after the death of their character players find themselves at the main menu of Borderlands 2 instead of respawning in-game, be sure to immediately select "Continue" to resume playing as that character.

We ask that players report any suspicious behavior in Borderlands 2 to spotted@gearboxsoftware.com and provide as much details and documentation of their disrupted experience as possible to assist us in our investigation.
[/GBX EDIT]

So possibly the worst thing in life happened just now.

I was doing the Hyperion the Invincible side quest from the new DLC. I played as Maya.

However, everytime I died, I would end up back at the main menu instead of respawning, and the ppl that were playing with me also ended up being kicked out of the game (I was host).

About an hour later, I decided to switch to another character. Minutes later, I noticed that my Maya character game file had disappeared, but the other two character files I had still remained.

I tried rebooting my xbox and game, but my Maya game save never reappeared. This means not only is my TVHM Maya gone, but so are all the skins, heads and legendary guns that I had collected for her.

I checked my cloud save and I have a file called graveyard.sav.

I have a feeling that somehow my game file has been corrupted and I have no idea why. I've never exploited or modded in this game.

I don't know what to do. This is INCREDIBLY SADDENING. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

Last edited by ChrisF; October 22nd, 2012 at 03:27 PM.
uggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2012, 08:44 AM   #2
Macfly77422
First Access Club Member

Default Re: HELP. Graveyard.sav?!!!!!

The same thing happenned to me about an hour ago on my Maya while playing the DLC

Every other characters are fine but my Maya save is replaced by Graveyard.sav

Sad story
Macfly77422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2012, 09:19 AM   #3
jkf1209

Same happend to me, I'm hoping that this will be fixed very soon.
jkf1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2012, 09:48 AM   #4
panopticon

I'm hoping it can and will be fixed too but I'm not too optimistic.
panopticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2012, 10:06 AM   #5
MixMasterMaha
First Access Club Member

Same thing with me when I was playing online as well. Lost my level 50 Assassin and weapons, though my Baddass Rank and Skins still stayed unlocked for some reason when I made a new one. So not all was lost. I guess the best thing to do to avoid this error is to just not play Online for a while.
MixMasterMaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2012, 11:22 AM   #6
Sleazy808

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterMaha View Post
Same thing with me when I was playing online as well. Lost my level 50 Assassin and weapons, though my Baddass Rank and Skins still stayed unlocked for some reason when I made a new one. So not all was lost. I guess the best thing to do to avoid this error is to just not play Online for a while.
I lost my Mechromancer and I was offline the whole time it happened. I would avoid downloading the DLC.
Sleazy808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2012, 11:44 AM   #7
MixMasterMaha
First Access Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleazy808 View Post
I lost my Mechromancer and I was offline the whole time it happened. I would avoid downloading the DLC.
I guess all we can do now is just back up what's left of our saves.
MixMasterMaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2012, 12:06 PM   #8
supernee

how big are the graveyard.sav files?
supernee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2012, 12:37 PM   #9
panopticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernee View Post
how big are the graveyard.sav files?
mine is 69 kb.
panopticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2012, 01:33 PM   #10
CorbenikXIII

Default Sent to the Main Menu

A friend of mine was playing by himself today in his game and he was in FFYL, but instead of respawning at a New-U station he was sent to the main menu. I thought this was just a bug he was experiencing until I experienced the same thing in my game. I should note that my friend had not joined my game prior to me dying and being sent to the main menu. So I'm curious if anyone is experiencing this major bug?
CorbenikXIII is offline   Reply With Quote