The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old October 29th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #11
hippojoe

Default Re: Little Evie effect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by therundown View Post
Well I can tell you this. It has splash damage, and deals way more damage on direct hit than it should. Mine is rated at 9k, but on a body hit does 22k. critical it does 37k. and this is against flesh, so the damage is reduced by a ton.
try that again with no skill points, relics, class mods, and badass rank turned off
also, there is not damage penalty for shock vs flesh
hippojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 04:08 PM   #12
therundown
I'm dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippojoe View Post
try that again with no skill points, relics, class mods, and badass rank turned off
also, there is not damage penalty for shock vs flesh
As to you first point, I have done that. In that situation it still does 17k, so it is still clearly dealing nearly double what it says it does.

The splash damage appears to deal 7k

As to your second, then why not explain to me why despite the fact that it says it deals 4k/second of shock, that it deals only 1.5k?

edit: Am I correct in saying that shock damage is not reduced against flesh, but damage from electroction is?

regardless, the pistol is doing more damage than it should.

Last edited by therundown; October 29th, 2012 at 04:13 PM.
therundown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 05:15 PM   #13
Autocthon

You have a damage bonus from level IIRC?
Autocthon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #14
therundown
I'm dumb

No, you don't; damage is entirely dependent on the gun. my maliwan smg that says it deals 4496 damage deals exactly that when I have bonuses turned off.

afaik level only affects your health, lets you use weapons with level restrictions, and of course gives you skill points.
Old October 29th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #15
swk3000

According to the Borderlands Wiki, the special effect is a very high Elemental Effect chance and electrocute damage, it always spawns with a Shock element, and it fires it's projectiles in an arc.

Frankly, I didn't know about this easter egg. Where exactly is Mr Bubbles located in Magnys Lighthouse? I'm a big fan of the Bioshock series, so I have to pick this weapon up.

Gamertag: D34thst41ker
swk3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 08:23 PM   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #16
HellFace
GBX

"that'd be awesome."
HellFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #17
Kriptini
Former S&S Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by swk3000 View Post
Frankly, I didn't know about this easter egg. Where exactly is Mr Bubbles located in Magnys Lighthouse? I'm a big fan of the Bioshock series, so I have to pick this weapon up.
I've only seen him once. Thought he and Lil Sis were a rare spawn so of course I offed them both hoping for some kind of rare drop... nada. (They are a rare spawn, but don't seem to have a rare drop.)

I got him to spawn the second time I did Magnys Lighthouse. When I pulled on the lever to make the elevator come down, after a couple mob kills he randomly spawned by walking out a door, and I think Lil Sis crawled out from under a porch.

Mr. Bubbles looks like an Anchorman/Whaler, while Lil Sis is a pink Psycho.

Kriptini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 11:07 PM   #18
RAAMzilla
R.I.P. Yoteslaya

Saw these 2 tonight, first time through the area. Wasn't aware they were a rare spawn, let alone that they had a rare drop. Didn't notice anything laying about though, is it Green/Blue/Etc?

UVHM+ | 72 | ASSASSIN | BL00DSHED
STEAM: RAAMzilla
RAAMzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2012, 12:16 AM   #19
therundown
I'm dumb

You have to kill mr. bubbles and not lil sis, then when he's dead you can approach her and talk to her, despite her health bar being red. She then holds the gun out and you take it from her, and her health bar goes green.

As for the location, he can appear in several places. I found him on the radio island, my friend found him in the road area just preceding it, and as mentioned above, someone found him near the lift.
edit:

Quote:
"that'd be awesome."
You teasing bastards! With these cryptic remarks I never know if you're just having fun or hinting at things, but any thread that has a dev comment instantly goes on my watch list!

grarararar

Last edited by therundown; October 30th, 2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old October 30th, 2012, 12:54 AM   #20
Kriptini
Former S&S Phoenix

Here's some screenshots for yall.

I found Bubbles and Sis at the radio tower tonight, so that's a confirmed spawn location.

After killing Bubbles, a few hearts appeared around Lil Sis, as if she had been healed by a Transfusion grenade. (Happened too fast for me to get a screenshot, unfortunately.) After that, I was able to approach her and press E to talk to her as I would any friendly NPC. She held out the gun for me like so:

If you look closely, it appears that Lil Sis uses a midget version of Daisy's character model. (Daisy being the girl in Sanctuary that Scooter writes a poem for.)

Here's the L'Evie I was given. It's got really good stats (huge magazine for a Maliwan revolver) and it also has bubbles on the barrels of the gun.

Kriptini is offline   Reply With Quote