The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old October 20th, 2012, 07:40 AM   #1
Bucs47

Default Stuck on Hunting the Firehawk.

Hello all. I just recently completed the mission (or so I thought). I defeated the enemies with Lillith and ended the mission by grabbing the piece of Eridium out of her lockbox. I have the achievement for completing "Plan B". However, I'm now stuck in game where it's telling me I'm still on the mission and I have to "Defeat Bandits", however, I'm stuck at Map Exit to Three Horns - Divide in the Frostburn canyon, and can't seem to make my way back up to the point it's telling me to attend. I've walked all over the place and explored the area and seem to be stuck. Anyone go through something like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm playing on 360 if that matters. Thanks guys.
Bucs47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2012, 07:42 AM   #2
Arsonist
PHD in The Dark Arts

Default Re: Stuck on Hunting the Firehawk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs47 View Post
Hello all. I just recently completed the mission (or so I thought). I defeated the enemies with Lillith and ended the mission by grabbing the piece of Eridium out of her lockbox. I have the achievement for completing "Plan B". However, I'm now stuck in game where it's telling me I'm still on the mission and I have to "Defeat Bandits", however, I'm stuck at Map Exit to Three Horns - Divide in the Frostburn canyon, and can't seem to make my way back up to the point it's telling me to attend. I've walked all over the place and explored the area and seem to be stuck. Anyone go through something like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm playing on 360 if that matters. Thanks guys.
Ah, see that quest is completely unrelated to your story progression - it becomes availalbe from lilith after you get her back into town. It *sounds* like you're on the portion of the quest where you need to kill bandits with a fire weapon and collect their ashes, return them to Incinerator clayton. You will *need* to get them with a fire weapon or the ashes will not spawn.

Also, double check that the quest you are on is "Cult of the firehawk". Otherwise go back to lilith in sanctuary to go get it.

How I feel when I cast Phaselock Maya (72) |Deathtrap Gaige (50) |Turret Axton (50)/(50) |Decepti0n Zero (14) |Gunzerk Salvador (30)
Arsonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2012, 08:00 AM   #3
Bucs47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsonist View Post
Ah, see that quest is completely unrelated to your story progression - it becomes availalbe from lilith after you get her back into town. It *sounds* like you're on the portion of the quest where you need to kill bandits with a fire weapon and collect their ashes, return them to Incinerator clayton. You will *need* to get them with a fire weapon or the ashes will not spawn.

Also, double check that the quest you are on is "Cult of the firehawk". Otherwise go back to lilith in sanctuary to go get it.
Thanks for the prompt reply. The mission is a story mission, called "Hunting the firehawk". The part it's telling me to do is to "defeat bandits". It's the only mission I have right now. I fast traveled back to Sanctuary but can't find Lilith anywhere. When I go back to Frostburn Canyon, I can't make it to the section I need to go to because all paths seem to be blocked. I remember defeating all of the bandits previously, just don't know why I haven't advanced yet.

Thanks.
Old October 20th, 2012, 08:07 AM   #4
Arsonist
PHD in The Dark Arts

Quote:
Thanks for the prompt reply. The mission is a story mission, called "Hunting the firehawk". The part it's telling me to do is to "defeat bandits". It's the only mission I have right now. I fast traveled back to Sanctuary but can't find Lilith anywhere. When I go back to Frostburn Canyon, I can't make it to the section I need to go to because all paths seem to be blocked. I remember defeating all of the bandits previously, just don't know why I haven't advanced yet.

Thanks.
I would think it would be the fire weapon bit. That's the only section of this quest that I can think that killing bandits should be in it. Specifically if it says "Kill Bandits: 0/5" then you will have to use the fire weapon and collect the ashes.

Also make sure that the "Hunt the Firehawk" quest is your active one rather than having another quest.

Without seeing a screenshot or doing further lookup on the wiki, I can't guarantee what you're looking at.

How I feel when I cast Phaselock Maya (72) |Deathtrap Gaige (50) |Turret Axton (50)/(50) |Decepti0n Zero (14) |Gunzerk Salvador (30)
Old October 20th, 2012, 08:15 AM   #5
Bucs47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsonist View Post
I would think it would be the fire weapon bit. That's the only section of this quest that I can think that killing bandits should be in it. Specifically if it says "Kill Bandits: 0/5" then you will have to use the fire weapon and collect the ashes.

Also make sure that the "Hunt the Firehawk" quest is your active one rather than having another quest.

Without seeing a screenshot or doing further lookup on the wiki, I can't guarantee what you're looking at.
Here are links to three photos I uploaded (sorry about the quality, taken with my camera phone).

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc...w4io1_1280.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc...w4io2_1280.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc...w4io3_1280.jpg

Thanks again for your help.
Old October 20th, 2012, 08:21 AM   #6
Arsonist
PHD in The Dark Arts

... Yeah that's the quest beforehand. Thats still the quest to kill the bandits with lilith.

If you ended the quest, you shouldn't be seeing that.

Try to head back to liliths lair (from the entrance, take the path through the caves and up the hill until you get there. It's a long ass friggin walk but if you keep at it enough yous hould get there. keep in mind your *eventual* goal is the area with two platforms on your minimap. Also keep in mind that it's kind of a "spiral" to get there, maybe someone else could make a map). See if she's still there/anything else spawns.

If not, I call quest bug, because honestly there's no way you should have been able to get out of that place without finishing the quest to KILL said bandits, and the chest to get liliths second piece of eridium should have updated your quest objectives like it did the first. (At one point it says "Revive Lilith" then "Get Eridium from lockbox", "Talk to Lilith", then "Defeat Bandits" then "Get Eridium from lockbox", "Give eridium to lilith", then she ports you back to sanctuary. You said you have the achievement for plan b, which occurs... quite a bit later in the game if I'm thinking right. That should be where scooter *actually* gets the place airborne if I'm thinking right.

Old October 20th, 2012, 08:23 AM   #7
lopham2

looks like your quest has resetted somehow...either way you can easily make your way back to lilith's hideout since there isnt anything that should block your path. The path is tricky since you have to head East and follow the path which should lead you south and then it will eventually turn west and then northward into Lilith's hideout.
lopham2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2012, 08:28 AM   #8
Arsonist
PHD in The Dark Arts

Side note, since you were nice enough to get those screenshots, I did my best with MS Paint (shut up) to show you what I *think* the path back to liliths is if you're having problems navigating.

I *may* be off, but this seems like the right path through

http://imageshack.us/a/img820/5205/lilipath.png

Hope that helps

Old October 20th, 2012, 09:30 AM   #9
Bucs47

Thanks so much for the help. The drawing actually helped quite a bit. I was able to head back there and kill the psychos again and made sure to play on a few save points to make sure that I wouldn't get reset back to that point again. Pretty sure I saved and quit immediately after I turned it in last time, so maybe that was the issue.

Thanks for the help guys.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 05:55 PM   #10
Enyhol

Quote:
Thanks so much for the help. The drawing actually helped quite a bit. I was able to head back there and kill the psychos again and made sure to play on a few save points to make sure that I wouldn't get reset back to that point again. Pretty sure I saved and quit immediately after I turned it in last time, so maybe that was the issue.

Thanks for the help guys.
Hi, please help, I've been stuck for 3 hours, the path is blocked, cant get back and kill the bandits, how did you solve this?

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

I've seen the drawing, is the path I'm following but its completely block, cant advance in the game anymore
Enyhol is offline   Reply With Quote