The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old October 21st, 2012, 10:35 PM   #1
Poorman30
Legendary Mechromancer

Default Gaige Build - Bee Zapper

Alright, I have seen several different builds now, but everyone seems more interested in using a black hole for some reason. Why are we forgetting about the bee? I'm all for DPS, so it makes more since to me to use the bee than any other shield. Anyway, here's my build:

Best Friends Forever: Close Enough 5/5; Fancy Mathmatics 5/5; Buck Up 1/1; Upshot Robot 1/1

Little Big Trouble: Myelin:5/5; Shock Storm 5/5; Evil Enchantress 5/5; Shock and "AAAGGGGHHH!" 1/1; Wires Don't Talk 5/5 Electrical Burn 1/5

Ordered Chaos: Smaller, lighter, faster 4/4; Anarchy 1/1; Blood Soaked shields 5/5; Discord 1/1l

Skill Tree Builder (Mechromancer) - For some reason the skill tree builder will not let me put 5 points on Blood Soaked Shield, but it should be 5 unless they changed it and the last point in discord.

The main purpose of this build is to use death trap primarily as support and to keep your shield recharged as much as possible while dealing the most dps possible.

Best friends forever:

close enough - It sucks when you miss your target, but now you can kill Terra by shooting the ground Also we need five points into the tree to get to the other skills. Cooking up trouble is replaced by discord, so use close enough for more dps.

Fancy Mathmatics- This is for the recharge delay and recharge rate, this is what makes the bee shield one of the best shields for gaige -70% recharge delay and +60% recharge rate.

Buck Up - This is the only reason we really use death trap. do not spawn him until your shield is gone, once he is spawned he will immediately recharge your shield and continue to do so over the course of his lifespan.

Upshot Robot - This is only to keep DT out as long a possible, because the longer he is out the more he recharges your shield.

Little Big Trouble:

Myelin - Increases shield capacity which we need for a bee shield, high amp damage but low capacity.

Shock Storm - Critical hits that kill enemies cause a shock storm dealing electrical damage to nearby enemies = more DPS

Electrical Burn - We only place 1 skill point into this tree beause the more you place into it will only increases the chance to ignite enemies, not damage that is dealt. we will be doing some massive electrical damage, so to have burn damage match that is a big plus.

Shock and "AAAGGGGHHH!" -
are able to deal damage while reloading, it gives more dps, but the only downside is that the electrical explosion radius is not that large, still very beneficial for those close encounters and works while in FFYL mode.

Evil Enchantress - Here is where we increase shock damage, as long as we are constantly killing enemies, we will be dealing out more dps and this also plays nicely with electrical burn.

Wires Don't Talk - The most important skill in this tree. Increases all shock and electrocute damage that you inflict. Shock is our primary element, and so that is why this is the most important skill for damage.

Ordered Chaos:

Smaller, Lighter, Faster - increases reload speed, also required to work our way down the skill tree

Anarachy - Required to move down the tree

Blood soaked Shields - The most important skill in this tree, it will allow us to almost keep our bee fully recharged at almost all times. (this depends on ones play style). Killing an enemy recharges our shields 100%!!!!! (now we see why Gaige is perfect for the bee) at the loss of a mere 5% health.

Discord - Here is where we get our lost health back from blood soaked shields as well as bonus accuracy and fire rate. This needs to be activated as soon as your health is low, or you feel like you are about to go into FFYL mode.

Here is a current list of equipment I am using

Guns:

Practicable Conference Call 5707x7 (Shock) - This is your main weapon to produce mass amounts of DPS

Puissant Norfleet 235134x3(Shock) - Great for getting out of FFYL mode if your cc runs out of ammo.

Attack Veruc 6071x3 (Shock) - Fourth weapon I usually fall on, alot of damage and spreads out to hit multiple enemies

Corporate Bitch 4950 (Shock) - Very high fire rate and does massive damage, it's also hyperion so it has a stabalizer.

Shield:

Grounded the bee with +52502 amp damage, 18374 capacity, and 4.48 delay (looking for something better), 26078 recharge rate, grants immunity to shock damage {any bee will work, I use this one over the alkaline because it has a higher capacity, and only 4k less amp damage, but it's up to you}

Grenade Mod:

Longbow Storm Front - 30290 Damage, 700 Blast Radius, 2.2 second fuse time, deals 12170 Electrocute dps. When this grenade explodes, it creates an area that constantly electrocutes the enemies within its radius.

Relic:

30% Shock Relic

Class Mod:

Wired Catalyst Class Mod, +40% team elemental effect damage, +5 wires don't talk, +3 evil enchantress, +4 shock storm
Mechromancer - Level 50 TVHM COMPLETE
Assassin - Level 31
Commando - Level 50 - PTA Member {PTA SHOP}
Siren - Level 7

Last edited by Poorman30; October 22nd, 2012 at 03:28 PM. Reason: SKill Tree Builder
Old October 22nd, 2012, 12:21 AM   #2
haisho
まそっぷ

Default Re: Gaige Build - Bee Zapper

Close Enough doesn't guarantee bullets will hit.

The biggest problem with Bee on a Mechro for general fighting is that most of the time, you take damage before you even fire a single shot, and if you do manage to get a kill, everything else is already shooting at you.
Unless you can adjust your aim to a second target after dropping the first in a tenth of a second, chances are you'll take a hit to the shields, and the amp damage, the biggest advantage the Bee is supposed to give you, is rendered useless. Save it for boss fights where you can easily see where damage is coming from; You'll save yourself a headache.

The Black Hole, on the other hand, works ridiculously well with Wires Don't Talk.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 01:41 AM   #3
Aims

I would have to disagree that the Bee with Gaige is a bad idea. It works extremely well - I am currently using a similar style anarchy+shock build. Blood soaked shields + a shield that needs to be at full capacity is deadly. If you are finding the bee is never active then you don't play your environment well enough.

Un-nerf Death Blossom/Mark!
Old October 22nd, 2012, 06:19 AM   #4
Johnny America
Legendary American

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisho View Post
Close Enough doesn't guarantee bullets will hit.

The biggest problem with Bee on a Mechro for general fighting is that most of the time, you take damage before you even fire a single shot, and if you do manage to get a kill, everything else is already shooting at you.
Unless you can adjust your aim to a second target after dropping the first in a tenth of a second, chances are you'll take a hit to the shields, and the amp damage, the biggest advantage the Bee is supposed to give you, is rendered useless. Save it for boss fights where you can easily see where damage is coming from; You'll save yourself a headache.

The Black Hole, on the other hand, works ridiculously well with Wires Don't Talk.
Close Enough all but doesn't guarantee a bullet will hit. If you use a conference call the chance of at least half the projectiles hitting is so low as to be laughable. Also the bee on the mechro is a great idea, if you have any skill with target acquisition, or if you don't it doesn't really matter she's ******* easy mode. Hell if you build gaige the right way and use the right weapon class mod and relic she can use the bee to be a tank oddly enough.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 06:37 AM   #5
Maya
Gearbox Addict

Gaige has the best synergy in the game with the old Conference Call+The Bee combo. With a 15 point investment (5/5 Close Enough, 5/5 Blood-Soaked Shields), some shots that would otherwise miss when firing at trash mobs are instead deflected directly into them. After every kill with your crazy damage output, your shields are refilled completely. You might not even need so many points in Blood-Soaked Shields (though there's little better), but it helps you keep your damage output ridiculous.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 06:38 AM   #6
Daedal
adj - skillful; ingenious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aims View Post
I would have to disagree that the Bee with Gaige is a bad idea. It works extremely well - I am currently using a similar style anarchy+shock build. Blood soaked shields + a shield that needs to be at full capacity is deadly. If you are finding the bee is never active then you don't play your environment well enough.
This. BSS was practically made for amp shields. If I get hit first I just take cover or summon Deathtrap, then resume the slaughter in 3 seconds when my shield is back up.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 07:06 AM   #7
Eyes_Only
Dirty little freak.

With close enough at 5/5, and with a Bee, just shot wherever when you have your shield at 100% and something will die to get it back up to 100%

Gaige is very fun to play up close and personal in 2.5 - very dangerous, you can go down if you lose spatial awareness for a split second, but if you are focussed, it is so much fun!

The first time we started doing the Scarlett's Booty (no pun intended), I had my Gaige with one Level 50 Zer0 (thgis bloke farms a lot and everything he has, his whole loadout is Legendary), one Level 50 Axton (this bloke is the "secret finder" - he knows every nook and cranny in the game) and one Level 50 Salvador (the uber powerplayer, don't ask). All of these characters are from solo play. I play Maya with the same group.

First combat, 1 minute into the coop play with these characters for the first time. I killed the bloke that shows up at the Oasis, can't remember his name. Then realised my whole team was watching in astonishment and saying things like "cheat!" "what gun are you using?" "is that a Shredder Shredder?" instead of fighting. It took me jumping around the pirates like a crazy person, seconds to kill the whole opposition with my health full and my shield recharging to 100% mark with the last pellet hitting the boss. To be fari though, I was hosting the game and been playing for an hour beforehand so I had my stacks full.

It was so much fun.

Cheers!

Edit: I know that fight is a particularly easy one, it is just the gaming style is so good!

Last edited by Eyes_Only; October 22nd, 2012 at 07:08 AM.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 07:39 AM   #8
haisho
まそっぷ

My concern isn't Amp Shield functionality when BSS fills it back up. That works completely fine, to the point that I actually used it in PT1.
My concern is that you don't get to utilize that function very well if you ever get nicked by just about anything that will damage the shield before even a single shot is fired. To be honest, that happens far too often unless you open up by sniping.

When that happens, you lose the functionality of the Bee until it's charged either by BSS or naturally. The only way to have BSS work is to now get a kill while armed with a low capacity shield that isn't giving you the Amp Damage, have your shields regenerated then fire a large salvo of amped shots in the span of a few milliseconds to kill everything else.
Close Enough will eventually work at some point, but you're not reaping in the benefits of a high Anarchy stack so you're spending even more ammo attempting to hit enemies around corners. You're practically hitting with only half the bullets, for half damage at that point. In other words, the damage you're putting out is well below half your regular damage output.

That's just reckless in late PT2 and beyond.

But if you really insist on doing fighting large crowds with a Bee anyway, nothing's stopping you. In fact, I'd change it around a bit...

Ditch Fancy Mathematics. Kind of redundant since you have BSS for keeping shields up and it enforces an aggressive style. Put points into The Better Half to further increase damage output. Yes, you'll be spending more bullets. FM isn't really going to do anything, and it helps put out more bullets for Close Enough to work.

Build up to 3rd tier on BFF and pick up Unstoppable Force instead. It's actually much better than FM with BSS since it gives you shield regeneration on a kill. If you get nicked by a random bullet after getting a kill, it's still regenerating as opposed to FM which does nothing without any degree of health damage. Utterly pointless for bosses without easy minions to kill, but I'm covering that too.

Dealing with bosses that don't have any easy minions for BSS means only going down BFF for Buck Up. This means at most, 8 free points. Honestly, you're free to do whatever with them. You can pick up Rational Anarchist, since that works really well with Discord.

Last edited by haisho; October 22nd, 2012 at 07:42 AM.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 08:45 AM   #9
Poorman30
Legendary Mechromancer

This build really isn't for any of the new bosses except the leviathan. Deathtrap really sucks on Gee and Hyperius, because aggro is so important, Gaige's special ability is useless, making her useless against these bosses. The only exception is using her as a tanks with shield and health regeneration. As far as removing Fancy mathmatics, I would disagree. We need an improved recharge delay because most be shields are over 4.xx seconds. The faster we get our shields back the more dps we create.

Onto to Conference call and Close Enough, I can kill enemies hiding much more easily with ricochet bullets instead of finding an angle to hit them. With a +50% chance to ricochet, boosted by amp damage it's worth it. The only reason you would need to go with cooking up trouble instead is for tanking the new raid bosses.

I do see you point with the Unstoppable force, but at this time we don't have enough skill points to invest in that skill. Once the Level cap is raised this should be the first skill invested in for a smoother build.
Mechromancer - Level 50 TVHM COMPLETE
Assassin - Level 31
Commando - Level 50 - PTA Member {PTA SHOP}
Siren - Level 7

Last edited by Poorman30; October 22nd, 2012 at 08:48 AM.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 10:48 AM   #10
Mirrorada
Synthetic Human

If you'll toss up a skill tree builder link in your OP I'll add this to the master list.