The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old October 22nd, 2012, 08:49 AM   #1
gjg1986

Default Getting the Conference Call

After seeing this bad boy in action, I want it. Seriously, does anyone know how much better my chances get if I slap on the Vault Hunter's Relic while farming Warior? Is there any other legit way to get it?
gjg1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 08:53 AM   #2
KLGChaos

Default Re: Getting the Conference Call

The only other way to get it is to trade for it with someone, legit anyway, or get extremely lucky and find it in a chest. I've had no luck with the warrior so far, myself, after a few dozen runs. Only takes me approximately five minutes per run (2 min killing him, 3 fiddling with selling stuff and running to him). But the drop rate is horrendously low.

Not sure how much the relic adds, as I accidentally sold mine. I can get another from an alt, I suppose, but I'm being lazy about leveling one.

I've heard horror stories of people doing hundreds of runs and never seeing him drop a single legendary.

Last edited by KLGChaos; October 22nd, 2012 at 08:59 AM.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 08:53 AM   #3
GearBoxRox
Torgue FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjg1986 View Post
After seeing this bad boy in action, I want it. Seriously, does anyone know how much better my chances get if I slap on the Vault Hunter's Relic while farming Warior? Is there any other legit way to get it?
Vault Hunter's Relic only gives you more chances of findind greens lol

The best thread ever created.
GearBoxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 09:02 AM   #4
AnthonyLucas86

I must be really lucky because I have had alot of legendary guns and nades drop for me just from playing through the story.
AnthonyLucas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 09:04 AM   #5
kiddy
'waiting for a sonata'

yeah i was farming him for 2 weeks straight with probably 3 minute runs 30 seconds to kill him the rest to loot..

i gave up and started to farm the dlc armoury and found one in a chest :/
my advice either get someone to trade you one or moonshot him.
kiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 09:17 AM   #6
TheSwigz
Fan of Badassery

A friend of mine was able to get the Bee and Conference Call this weekend on his second playthrough. I hate him a little.
TheSwigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 09:24 AM   #7
KLGChaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSwigz View Post
A friend of mine was able to get the Bee and Conference Call this weekend on his second playthrough. I hate him a little.
The Bee seems fairly common to drop, so it isn't that bad. Got mine on my fifth run of Helquist. The Conference Call... Not so much. Hell, I haven't even seen any orange grenades since I started farming him, much less that gun. I find it funny that the game's final boss also seems to have the worst drop rates. Lol.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 09:37 AM   #8
Chevota
Bringer Of Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjg1986 View Post
you have a 5% chance at better drops. Its not much when solo. Your best bet is slapping on another Relic to help you proceed...

However... stack that Relic with 4 players, 20%. you now have a 1 in 5 chance of better loot. but of course, thats simple arithmetic and you should know this already.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 10:22 AM   #9
bushmaster2000

In my experience , the relic and extra people don't seem to make a difference in anything. IN fact i've gotten most of my better drops fighting Warrior alone. I lucked out and got alevel 32 CC drop from a skag in my playthru 1 and used it for a long time. I've gotten all the different versions of the level 50 cc to drop from Warrior farming him for probably over 20 hours total. I usually do that in combination with power leveling another character who its idle at the spawn point. That way even when I don't get squat which is 99% of the time, i feel like i'm accomplishing something.

But the warrior + bee shield are the essential boss farming items for all the bosses with the exception of the Booty DLC ones.

Last edited by bushmaster2000; October 22nd, 2012 at 10:24 AM.
bushmaster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 10:23 AM   #10
NICCSACC666
生物 666 悪党仲間

got mine forst time i beat warrior. havent seen it since. just volcanos.