The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old October 23rd, 2012, 06:53 AM   #101
Platysaur
Gaige's Robotic Arm

Default Re: Important Notice for Xbox 360 Players

If someone spread this bug by accident and are not modders, would they be considered re portable? Because I know many people do not even go on the forums and they could be doing that.

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

No, sorry, I read external applications, as in modders.

"Ain't nothin' like sqooshin' bitches under yer tires, man!" - Scooter
Platysaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2012, 08:02 AM   #102
nightfuryreaper

So question is how long before this patch is sent through Xbox for certification expected to be?
nightfuryreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2012, 09:08 AM   #103
frostdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrunstangII View Post
Well it seems like the only time I had this glitch occur was during the DLC, so maybe it's a coincidence(?).
No worries, the DLC as a catalyst for this issue was my first instinct as well, since I didn't see any issues until after I downloaded the DLC. The truth of the matter was the mode/bug just didn't hit me for awhile. The timing was pure coincidence that it happened to me after downloading the DLC. It could just as easily happened to me prior to the DLC if I had played with someone already infected.
frostdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2012, 09:35 AM   #104
Maker L106
Train Wreck

Good to see you guys working on it.

On a side note is there any way for us to check if our saves are affected so we know? or will it just come out of nowhere seemingly?

Last edited by Maker L106; October 23rd, 2012 at 10:22 AM.
Maker L106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2012, 10:19 AM   #105
Xastabus

Didn't we learn anything from the viral nonsense that plagued the first game? Validate your data!
The host should be able to validate incoming data and automatically kick players who have illegal items or settings before crap like this happens! Come on, this is programming 101, always validate your input.
Old October 23rd, 2012, 10:34 AM   #106
Darth Nikon
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xastabus View Post
Didn't we learn anything from the viral nonsense that plagued the first game? Validate your data!
The host should be able to validate incoming data and automatically kick players who have illegal items or settings before crap like this happens! Come on, this is programming 101, always validate your input.
Simply not letting one database file change the other would be even easier.

Strangely enough, If I have VSync turned on in my options, it doesn't turn on VSync in the options of every other player I join.

If I buy 27 backpack SDU spaces for my character while playing co-op, everyone joined with me doesn't get 27.

But a flag gets set in one save file and it silently triggers in everyone who joins? Bad bad bad.
Darth Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2012, 10:38 AM   #107
ILostEverything
|I|I|I|I|I|Ω|I|I|I|I|I|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarih View Post
Theyre getting a fix out, its not like they can fix it and patch the 360 tomorrow, it still has to go through an archaic cert process.

Leftover code is fairly common, blame the people that started the spread instead of solely blaming GB for the issue.
So who's to blame for the Hot coffee fiasco of a couple years ago? Rockstar who made it, and left it in because they were lazy just like gearbox has shown themselves to be time and time again or the modders who found it and then showed it to the press?
ILostEverything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2012, 11:54 AM   #108
R3NEG4D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metrosolidsnake View Post
So this glitch has nothing to do with dieing while fighting hyperius?
I still think there is some way you can get your character deleted without the FFYL glitch. I've never even had the FFYL glitch happen to me at all. I lost my character, a level 50 gunzerker, after fighting Hyperious the Invincible and I did not get a graveyard.sav when it happened. The character and all his data was completely wiped - NO GRAVEYARD.SAVE AND/OR NO CORRUPT DATA.
R3NEG4D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2012, 12:11 PM   #109
brad_soup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILostEverything View Post
So who's to blame for the Hot coffee fiasco of a couple years ago? Rockstar who made it, and left it in because they were lazy just like gearbox has shown themselves to be time and time again or the modders who found it and then showed it to the press?
What? No. That's not what happened here. They weren't deliberately ruining anyone else's gaming experience by releasing that.

That would be like someone pointing out that you're not wearing a cup at a sporting event.

This is like someone noticing you're not wearing a cup, and taking the opportunity to kick you in your squishy, unprotected gonads.

XBL: brad soup | PSN: soupofkings
"It's like Christmas."
brad_soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2012, 12:27 PM   #110
Darth Nikon
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad_soup View Post
What? No. That's not what happened here. They weren't deliberately ruining anyone else's gaming experience by releasing that.
It's yet to be determined that there was actually any deliberate intention to ruin anyone's game in this case.
Darth Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote