The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old October 22nd, 2012, 04:12 PM   #11
frostdawn

Default Re: Important Notice for Xbox 360 Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankWest76 View Post
Not sure it's modding "This does not affect players on PC or PlayStation 3". Most of the modded stuff I saw was on PC. Once, I had seen a LvL150 character during my game, friend of mine invited him to the game. Kicked him out !
It's not just modding in and of itself, but apparently a toggle within the character profile for a badass mode or somesuch. If you turn it on (via modding), it's like a hardcore mode. Anyone you play a game with inherits the same setting. So if you die, it's permanent. Why this was even a considered mode is beyond me. Hopefully this option is completely removed. *crosses fingers*.

I'm afraid if it's NOT removed, it would be the equivalent of trying to put out a forest fire by peeing on it. This might take 2 scripts in an update- one to toggle all current saved games to false (ie NOT badass mode) and another to remove the badass option entirely.
frostdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 04:19 PM   #12
Ryz866
Pancake MIx

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostdawn View Post
It's not just modding in and of itself, but apparently a toggle within the character profile for a badass mode or somesuch. If you turn it on (via modding), it's like a hardcore mode. Anyone you play a game with inherits the same setting. So if you die, it's permanent. Why this was even a considered mode is beyond me. Hopefully this option is completely removed. *crosses fingers*.

I'm afraid if it's NOT removed, it would be the equivalent of trying to put out a forest fire by peeing on it. This might take 2 scripts in an update- one to toggle all current saved games to false (ie NOT badass mode) and another to remove the badass option entirely.
Just rendering the value redundant would work, that way whether the save has it set as true or false nothing will happen as the build does not even recognise the value or its setting.

Rig: i7 3770k - GTX 680 - ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 - 8gb Corsair Vengeance - Samsung 830 256gb SSD - Corsair H100 water cooler - 850w Silvestone Strider - Haf X

Tablet: ASUS Transformer Infinity tf700t 64gb
Ryz866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 04:22 PM   #13
krupted

Thumbs down Re: Important Notice for Xbox 360 Players

Just sent off this email to gearbox - "I was playing online against many leveled enemies. My game froze, wouldn't reload. I restarted my xbox and all my character data was deleted. My friend was playing online with me, he invited his friend who had some kind of modded shield, level 100. I never picked it up or used any modded gear so I don't know if it's relevant or not. My xbox live name is **** and my character was a commando level 50 named ***. I really hope all the time I put into this game is not lost. I am going back to skyrim for now and refuse to spend anymore money on gearbox software until you guys come clean here. The original borderlands got screwed by modders handing out malicious shields. If you guys put a warning on your facebook page to save characters etc. I could have at least kept a back up but you guys say nothing. The only word from gearbox is a forum user named Chris F. this seems very unprofessional. You should be putting a warning on your facebook page, your website, twitter etc instead of keeping silent and letting people find out after it's too late. Borderlands 1 & 2 were by far one of the funnest games I ever played and sunk money into, your handling of this situation may prevent me from purchasing your products ever again!
As far as I am concerned you can't blame the modders either because you allow them to do so. I am no computer expert but the only xbox 360 game I ever played where I came across modded gear was borderlands 1 & 2, so even if it was a modder ultimately it's your fault for using code that allows modded gear to be introduced and your poor public relations on this, leaves little to be desired.
Sincerely,

**** - A former fan.
krupted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 04:27 PM   #14
Gaddam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Nikon View Post
Gearbox left some naughty code in their build for a hardcore mode. Someone either accidentally or maliciously turned it on in their game, and because Gearbox can't firewall saves in multiplayer, it spread to other players.

Of course, the only way it could be malicious is if the person who turned that code on knew it would spread just by joining a game.
Why even bother playing the game in the first place really, ijs.
Gaddam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 04:44 PM   #15
krupted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaddam View Post
Why even bother playing the game in the first place really, ijs.

Yeah If I would have known.

"Originally Posted by Pluvious44
Your email has been read, laughed at and deleted.
By the way.. funnest is not a word. The proper way to say that is 'most fun'. Maybe more school and less games dude. "

Pluvious44 pointed out my poor grammar in my email and said it would be laughed at. I don't think a poor education is any excuse for a company to disregard unsatisfied customers. Sad because I really enjoy these games but I don't know if they will get anymore of my hard earned money. Also, that guy doesn't know the difference between education and intelligence. Just because I have poor grammar doesn't mean I am unintelligent and just because someone is educated doesn't mean they have a high IQ.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 05:02 PM   #16
Ryz866
Pancake MIx

Quote:
Originally Posted by krupted View Post
Yeah If I would have known.

"Originally Posted by Pluvious44
Your email has been read, laughed at and deleted.
By the way.. funnest is not a word. The proper way to say that is 'most fun'. Maybe more school and less games dude. "

Pluvious44 pointed out my poor grammar in my email and said it would be laughed at. I don't think a poor education is any excuse for a company to disregard unsatisfied customers. Sad because I really enjoy these games but I don't know if they will get anymore of my hard earned money. Also, that guy doesn't know the difference between education and intelligence. Just because I have poor grammar doesn't mean I am unintelligent and just because someone is educated doesn't mean they have a high IQ.
Who is Pluvious44? A staff or a random? Ignore it if it's just some troll trying to get a rise from you.

Rig: i7 3770k - GTX 680 - ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 - 8gb Corsair Vengeance - Samsung 830 256gb SSD - Corsair H100 water cooler - 850w Silvestone Strider - Haf X

Tablet: ASUS Transformer Infinity tf700t 64gb
Ryz866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 05:06 PM   #17
krupted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryz866 View Post
Who is Pluvious44? A staff or a random? Ignore it if it's just some troll trying to get a rise from you.
probably just some troll but still... would you defend gearbox's handling of this?
Old October 22nd, 2012, 05:09 PM   #18
XxABAxXMrPopoXx

So I found out that I have been hit as well, but to my knowledge have never been in a game with a modded player or someone with modded gear. I could have just not known, but seems unlikely.

Lost 2 characters between 2 accounts

Level 50 Siren - Mine
Level 50 Gunzerker - Roommate

This really needs to be fixed soon, I know personally I haven't even touched this game since we discovered what exactly happens, and if this goes on much longer, I doubt this game is going to survive, especially with Black Ops 2 coming out in 3 weeks. I really hope this gets fixed, and they find some way to restore the lost characters.
XxABAxXMrPopoXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 05:12 PM   #19
krupted

And a rise out of me, he got! Ha, I got kicked out of school in 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th until I finally quit my senior year. I am supposed to have a high IQ but I am VERY under educated, especially in the English/grammar side of things. It pisses me off when someone uses education as a battering ram to bring you down. I know a lot of well educated idiots that wouldn't last an hour on the street. They have memorized a lot of things but have no common sense. Just my thoughts... I separate education from intelligence although having a good education definitely makes you look better on paper and makes your arguments more concise! Thanks Ryz866! I never use forums to be honest. I was just so upset losing everything, I had to chime in and got ridiculed for doing so. I had just got to level 50, finished the game and got 7 different orange conference calls, only to lose everything. I was pretty bummed man.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 05:15 PM   #20
Psychichazard
lR0N PAWS

Send a message via Skype™ to Psychichazard

On Topic?

To contact Gearbox tech support: CLICK HERE

Sign the Pledge! Gamers Against Bigotry

R.I.P. Magical2099
Psychichazard is online now   Reply With Quote