The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old October 22nd, 2012, 05:37 PM   #31
XxABAxXMrPopoXx

Default Re: Important Notice for Xbox 360 Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarih View Post
Theyre getting a fix out, its not like they can fix it and patch the 360 tomorrow, it still has to go through an archaic cert process.
Actually, I'm not 100% up to date on the cert process for xbox, but im pretty sure, that since this also violates xbox live EULA, they can fast track any fix for this. IF it was in fact done by modders only then not only would they be immediately banned from Xbox live for 999 years, (not making that number up btw) but they could also face criminal charges for damaging both gearbox, 2k, and microsoft intellectual and actual property.

What bothers me more, is what I have been reading about a possible "Hardcore" type mode that could be the reason for this virus. (and that is exactly what it is, its not a bug, or exploit) Seems to me a oversight like this would create an opening for huge backlash for both gearbox and 2k from the community.

I am really concerned that the money that I spent not only on this game, that i got to play less then a month, and the season pass really was wasted money, and if this isn't fixed soon, I will sadly probably end up boycotting both gearbox and 2k games like i currently do with EA.
XxABAxXMrPopoXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 05:40 PM   #32
KuteKuddleyKiwi

Send a message via Skype™ to KuteKuddleyKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrunstangII View Post
It doesn't have to do with modding, randoms or any of that sort. I can speak from experience that it most likely(or not) have to do with the DLC. I was in that free-roam camera state when you die and can't spawn(SPOLIER, during the fight with Master Gee) and I was doing this alone. He killed me, couldn't spawn. And a WARNING for other people, if you happen to be in this glitch were you can't spawn, hold x and it will bring you to the main menu with your character intact, do not, I repeat, DO NOT press start then quit. Because it actually says "quit without saving" and I thought it meant whatever progress you made in that one game, won't stay with you. But aparently(I leanred the hard way) it means"delete this character"
2 things.

1.] Have you ever had anybody ever at all hop into that character's game, or has that character hopped into another player's game?

2.] After you get back to the main menu, hit Continue, and keep playing (solo only at this point), or Save and Quit and leave that character alone.

KuteKuddleyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 05:46 PM   #33
GrunstangII

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuteKuddleyKiwi View Post
2 things.

1.] Have you ever had anybody ever at all hop into that character's game, or has that character hopped into another player's game?

2.] After you get back to the main menu, hit Continue, and keep playing (solo only at this point), or Save and Quit and leave that character alone.
1. With friends ya, not modders. I think they are saying it was modders because they don't want to take the blame for a glitch.

2. It's too late now.
GrunstangII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 05:49 PM   #34
KuteKuddleyKiwi

Send a message via Skype™ to KuteKuddleyKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrunstangII View Post
1. With friends ya, not modders. I think they are saying it was modders because they don't want to take the blame for a glitch.

2. It's too late now.
I'm sorry it's too late. However, if you've played with other players, then you have answered where it came from.

KuteKuddleyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 05:50 PM   #35
frostdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuteKuddleyKiwi View Post
2 things.

^ This^

Having the DLC or not makes no difference whatsoever. If someone has the badass/hardcore mode activated, they can pass it to a friend, who passes it to a friend, who passes to a friend, etc etc. Its like 'six degrees of separation' but with a game mode setting some douchebag somewhere activated when they shouldn't have via modding their saved game (which can be saved to a USB drive, imported to a PC, edited with third party software, and re-imported to the 360). Check these forums- there are people out there affected by this issue that haven't touched any DLC at all, but who may have played with others that were infected.
frostdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 05:56 PM   #36
pclifford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarih View Post
You never know, I dont know what is stored in the Graveyard.sav file. They wont know of an issue until its reported and that they can replicate it. Wasnt until like a day or 2 ago someone was able to point out exactly how to duplicate it.
The graveyard.sav file contains four numbers and five strings: it's a brief summary of the state of your character at the point it died, and the cause of that death.

A normal character file contains substantially more information, and it's not possible to reconstruct that from a graveyard.sav file.
pclifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 06:02 PM   #37
AnyOther

Has anyone tried a file recover software, something that can find and read deleted (but not bleached) data on a hard drive? (Sorry xbox, ps3 users)
AnyOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 06:07 PM   #38
Bad0nkad0nk

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxABAxXMrPopoXx View Post
Actually, I'm not 100% up to date on the cert process for xbox, but im pretty sure, that since this also violates xbox live EULA, they can fast track any fix for this. IF it was in fact done by modders only then not only would they be immediately banned from Xbox live for 999 years, (not making that number up btw) but they could also face criminal charges for damaging both gearbox, 2k, and microsoft intellectual and actual property.

What bothers me more, is what I have been reading about a possible "Hardcore" type mode that could be the reason for this virus. (and that is exactly what it is, its not a bug, or exploit) Seems to me a oversight like this would create an opening for huge backlash for both gearbox and 2k from the community.

I am really concerned that the money that I spent not only on this game, that i got to play less then a month, and the season pass really was wasted money, and if this isn't fixed soon, I will sadly probably end up boycotting both gearbox and 2k games like i currently do with EA.
Even with a 10 century ban, insult to injury means that they's get the last laugh, as i said about the xbl ban.
Bad0nkad0nk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 06:23 PM   #39
Firegamer4
Captain Infinity

I've done a little looking, and, it has to do with save editors. In Gibbed's Borderlands 2 Save Editor, in the raw data section, there is a value called "IsBadassModeSaveGame"; this is what causes the graveyard.sav to happen. When the value for IsBadassModeSaveGame on "true", the save is set up so that if you die once, the game can delete your save file. If I were to guess, Badass mode was a an intended feature taken out at the last second, or, it may possibly be added in DLC's. The probable reason for the infection is because the feature was probably intended so that only Badasses could only play with other Badasses, so, when the game sees other people in a Badasses' game, it makes the other people Badasses without them knowing it.

Edit: I am aware that I copy-pasted from my forum post on BL2 news. Also, I'm not sure is this information is already known.

Last edited by Firegamer4; October 22nd, 2012 at 06:25 PM.
Firegamer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 06:34 PM   #40
GrunstangII

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostdawn View Post
^ This^

Having the DLC or not makes no difference whatsoever. If someone has the badass/hardcore mode activated, they can pass it to a friend, who passes it to a friend, who passes to a friend, etc etc. Its like 'six degrees of separation' but with a game mode setting some douchebag somewhere activated when they shouldn't have via modding their saved game (which can be saved to a USB drive, imported to a PC, edited with third party software, and re-imported to the 360). Check these forums- there are people out there affected by this issue that haven't touched any DLC at all, but who may have played with others that were infected.
Well it seems like the only time I had this glitch occur was during the DLC, so maybe it's a coincidence(?).
GrunstangII is offline   Reply With Quote