The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old November 8th, 2012, 12:07 PM   #401
DefectiveHuman

Default Re: Important Notice for Xbox 360 Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0VI View Post
I have two characters to lv 50, 15 days of play ...

- Downloaded the patch
- Started the game ... and

Ok. Perfect. Savegame destroyed.
Based on what you are describing, the save game should be okay based on that message. It looks like you got the profile corruption aka "Badass reset bug".

Check your badass ranks and your challenge status. Chances are good that your challenge completion percentages were unaffected but your total ranks and tokens and bonus skill percentages were wipes (along with keys and heads and skins and shared stash).

The GOOD news is that in THEORY Gearbox could recover all of that (other than the randomly dropped heads and skins and any keys you lost) by simply re-checking your save game files. The BAD news is that it seems very unlikely they are planning on doing that any time soon.

It looks like, from the PC patch log, that instead they plan to give you the option to reset the challenges to zero so that you can re-earn everything all over again. That's the easiest thing for Gearbox to do, but certainly not the best customer service thing for Gearbox to do.

Don't get me wrong, I would LIKE that, it's the easiest way to keep building up your BadAss rank and bonuses i.e. to start with OP characters with OP gear and then go back to easy zones on playthrough 1 and grind them out quick. I would like that, but IN ADDITION to an option from the customization vending machine for them to "walk" through my save games and determine what skins, heads, etc. I should get based on missions I've done and challenges I've done. Programatically that should be easy, but they seem at hesitant to do it... don't ask me why.

-DefectiveHuman
DefectiveHuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2012, 09:43 PM   #402
DeskLaser
First Access Club Member

I have a friend that after numerous warnings that I have her to not play online with randoms, she did anyways and got infected with graveyard.sav. Now, fast forward to today and I hear from her that her Xbox live account has been banned for suspected tampering. I absolutely know for sure that she is in no way capable of executing any Xbox modding and nobody else uses that gamertag except for her. She told me she called Xbox support only to be told that they have never heard of a Borderlands 2 virus and simply just redirected her to the enforcement forums on xbox.com. Has this happened to anyone else and is there any further action that can be taken? I have told her to try to contact Gearbox as well. Thanks.
DeskLaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2012, 02:01 PM   #403
God of Lemmings
Everybody gets a bullet.

So I was doing a Terramorphous run with some randoms just now, and a guy at level 420 drops in to the game. He didn't seem to drop any gear at all, just came in, one-shotted Terra a couple of times, then left (or was kicked). From what I can tell so far, no harm, no foul, especially now the Graveyard virus has been fixed (I hope, otherwise my Lv50 Siren's going bye-bye next time I get her killed)

But anyway, I got a pic of the guy's gamertag and his Level 420 status. Is there any kind of banning ritual going on with this stuff? Didn't wanna just post the pic up, they're a bit funny with publicly naming cheats on the Gears forums.
God of Lemmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2012, 07:39 PM   #404
JRSPipboy2008
First Access Club Member

So let me get this straight ....

I play ONE game with RANDOMs trying to take down Terra and because one of them cheated somehow he passed that to me and now I get to lose all my keys, rank and skins because of it? My pissed off level is EXTREMELY high right now.

I have NEVER cheated in ANY game on my Xbox 360. If this really was Gearbox's solution ... just **** everyone ... then I don't know that I'll be spending money on another Gearbox game ever again.
JRSPipboy2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2012, 09:35 PM   #405
Japhasca

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRSPipboy2008 View Post
So let me get this straight ....

I play ONE game with RANDOMs trying to take down Terra and because one of them cheated somehow he passed that to me and now I get to lose all my keys, rank and skins because of it? My pissed off level is EXTREMELY high right now.

I have NEVER cheated in ANY game on my Xbox 360. If this really was Gearbox's solution ... just **** everyone ... then I don't know that I'll be spending money on another Gearbox game ever again.
Actually, no. Online play pass(ed, it has since been corrected I believe) the graveyard/character deletion bug. Online play does not cause the badass bug you are speaking of.

Absolutely right to be ****ed off, but that's not whay caused it.
Japhasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2012, 02:45 PM   #406
JRSPipboy2008
First Access Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japhasca View Post
Actually, no. Online play pass(ed, it has since been corrected I believe) the graveyard/character deletion bug. Online play does not cause the badass bug you are speaking of.

Absolutely right to be ****ed off, but that's not what caused it.
So this is just some stupid error? Bah... well I'm less pissed if that's the case, but it still sucks because I've put a lot of hours into this game to have all my efforts wasted like this. Thanks for the response.
JRSPipboy2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #407
LC_ReLaPsE

My friend knows someone who downloaded some nodded characters of the Internet. He downloaded 4 characters. 2 zeros, 1 Salvador and 1 axton. They all have every skill maxed out and a bunch of orange weopons and 1 zero had every head and skin on including gearbox skins, I think. He never goes online with these modded characters as he doesn't want to ruin the game for others but he just enjoys messing about on solo with them. He has completed the whole game and dlc 5 times, one with each character, and has bought season pass. He is a big fan of the franchise but will he get banned? If so I'll warn him to delete the character but he can't get rid of the gearbox skins and he'll be devastated if he gets banned.

So will he get banned?
LC_ReLaPsE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2012, 12:31 AM   #408
Japhasca

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_ReLaPsE View Post
My friend knows someone who downloaded some nodded characters of the Internet. He downloaded 4 characters. 2 zeros, 1 Salvador and 1 axton. They all have every skill maxed out and a bunch of orange weopons and 1 zero had every head and skin on including gearbox skins, I think. He never goes online with these modded characters as he doesn't want to ruin the game for others but he just enjoys messing about on solo with them. He has completed the whole game and dlc 5 times, one with each character, and has bought season pass. He is a big fan of the franchise but will he get banned? If so I'll warn him to delete the character but he can't get rid of the gearbox skins and he'll be devastated if he gets banned.

So will he get banned?
Modding is against the ToS of the 360. He can get banned, yes. While some individual GAMES may have ToS against modding (especially persistently online ones) the PC gaming environment is much more open to modding, so much so that a lot of what we enjoy about games these days has had its roots in mods.
Japhasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2013, 02:39 PM   #409
fnon

niccccccccccccccccccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

روايات روايات طويله روايات كامله روايات سعودية روايات احلام رواية التبل أسطورة القسوه و الحب حقك علي إن كنت زعلان للقلوب معارك مجلة انستي روايات طويلة ازياء محجبات اكسسوارات ميك اب تسريحات لانجري الامراض النسائية اخبار الصحف اليوميه التسوق عبر الانترنت ازياء الاطفال وصفات تبييض الحياة الزوجيه مشاكل الحمل اغاني زفاف كتب طبخ الكروشية ابيات شعريه خواطر حب روايات مقاطع فيديو صور انمي صور طبيعه اخبار الفنانات المسلسلات التركيه برامج حماية توبيكات اغاني رسائل جوال خلفيات بلاك بيري صور ماسنجر المنتديات التعليميه منتديات الاسره
fnon is offline   Reply With Quote