The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old October 22nd, 2012, 07:17 PM   #41
Lord 0uroboros
SHNISSUGAH!

Default Re: Important Notice for Xbox 360 Players

I just found out about this and boy am I afraid to even play the game. I checked my xbox memory and found no sign of any graveyard.sav on all 5 of my characters. Does that mean I'm clean, or do the character files get renamed when your character dies? Anyone know?

GT: Lord 0uroboros (0 is zero)
Lord's Loot|Axton Survival/Launcher DPS|Axton Sludge Trooper|Axton Power of the Allspark|Axton Bandit Allegiance|Axton Lazy Dahl Sniper
Lord 0uroboros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 07:24 PM   #42
Venomous Piggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord 0uroboros View Post
I just found out about this and boy am I afraid to even play the game. I checked my xbox memory and found no sign of any graveyard.sav on all 5 of my characters. Does that mean I'm clean, or do the character files get renamed when your character dies? Anyone know?
You don't have to be scared to play the game, just don't play with random people. To my understanding the file does not become a graveyard.sav right away, so even if you don't see it, it doesn't mean you aren't "infected". The file becomes graveyard if you are in fight for your life and die, you then shouldn't be able to spawn, and if you dashboard out the file while change, one way to check is(its very risky )but kill yourself in game and see if you re spawn if you do you are fine.

Last edited by Venomous Piggy; October 22nd, 2012 at 08:24 PM.
Venomous Piggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 08:12 PM   #43
IllusiveManJr
Head of Cerberus

I don't understand what this is about.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 08:19 PM   #44
Venomous Piggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusiveManJr View Post
I don't understand what this is about.
the whole topic about the graveyard glitch or my response? It's a glitch/bug going around that can delete your character, and it can spread from playing with someone who has this glitch
Venomous Piggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 08:22 PM   #45
Chritter
Work Smart Not Harder

Send a message via Skype™ to Chritter
Thumbs down Re: Important Notice for Xbox 360 Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by krupted View Post
Just sent off this email to gearbox - "I was playing online against many leveled enemies. My game froze, wouldn't reload. I restarted my xbox and all my character data was deleted. My friend was playing online with me, he invited his friend who had some kind of modded shield, level 100. I never picked it up or used any modded gear so I don't know if it's relevant or not. My xbox live name is **** and my character was a commando level 50 named ***. I really hope all the time I put into this game is not lost. I am going back to skyrim for now and refuse to spend anymore money on gearbox software until you guys come clean here. The original borderlands got screwed by modders handing out malicious shields. If you guys put a warning on your facebook page to save characters etc. I could have at least kept a back up but you guys say nothing. The only word from gearbox is a forum user named Chris F. this seems very unprofessional. You should be putting a warning on your facebook page, your website, twitter etc instead of keeping silent and letting people find out after it's too late. Borderlands 1 & 2 were by far one of the funnest games I ever played and sunk money into, your handling of this situation may prevent me from purchasing your products ever again!
As far as I am concerned you can't blame the modders either because you allow them to do so. I am no computer expert but the only xbox 360 game I ever played where I came across modded gear was borderlands 1 & 2, so even if it was a modder ultimately it's your fault for using code that allows modded gear to be introduced and your poor public relations on this, leaves little to be desired.
Sincerely,

**** - A former fan.
Lol, you slate Gearbox and say your going back to Skyrim? Bethseda are 10000x worse for giving out public information and actually dealing with their game. It's quite clear you aren't a PC expert, because if you was you'd know there's only so much they can do to prevent modding. Don't criticize something you know nothing about.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 08:23 PM   #46
KuteKuddleyKiwi

Send a message via Skype™ to KuteKuddleyKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chritter View Post
Lol, you slate Gearbox and say your going back to Skyrim? Bethseda are 10000x worse for giving out public information and actually dealing with their game. It's quite clear you aren't a PC expert, because if you was you'd know there's only so much they can do to prevent modding. Don't criticize something you know nothing about.
Have another internet for that!

KuteKuddleyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 08:23 PM   #47
IllusiveManJr
Head of Cerberus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomous Piggy View Post
the whole topic about the graveyard glitch or my response? It's a glitch/bug going around that can delete your character, and it can spread from playing with someone who has this glitch
The whole topic. Thanks.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 08:47 PM   #48
XBL TRICKK

the sad part is ...this may not be fixable :/ and characters are lost :/
XBL TRICKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 08:52 PM   #49
Solder
Has the graveyard.sav STD

It should be fixable on Gearbox's part by simply disabling the Hardcore (Badass) Mode.

But if your characters are already gone, they're prolly gone for good. Back up whatever you have onto a USB Flash Drive ASAP.

I'm not even playing this game until it's fixed. I'm going to be pretty f'ing upset if I dropped 100 bucks on a game with this crippling a bug. And pissed that I talked 6 of my RL friends into dropping the same near 100 dollars on a game that none of us are going to play if this stays this broken.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 08:57 PM   #50
XBL TRICKK

i spent $150 dollars on the game
just lost my lvl 50 mechromancer on it :/ with a cc x7 shock,veruc shock and other shock stuff :/ and mechro mod

all i can say is that there are so many game crippling bugs, I am not playing this again till this gets fixed. I wish i could get a refund on my season pass. I really wish i could get a refund on my season pass. I purchased it in hopes of playing the game. But now that the game is not playable whats the point in having it ?
XBL TRICKK is offline   Reply With Quote