The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old October 23rd, 2012, 04:50 PM   #1
W01fe

Default gaige=dps DT=tank build

well after a while people have the basis for the beginning of what is the "best" dps buidl for gaige is. not the cheesy build ing 400 stacks and wreck, but rather a balance between anarchy stacks, discord use fo rhp regen and stack control.

it was 10 in BFF and down to rational anarchist in OC. sure you can get nth degree but it only works when you can bounce off of something, so i figured...if this is largely the "best" choices for gaige dps, why not spend the rest to make DT into a tank?

hence this build. http://www.bl2skills.com/mechromance...00410050151000 you get all the dps goodness for gaige, and a bunch of tanky goodness for DT + increased DT uptime.

forgive me if this build has been shown before, but it seemed the logical choice, and one that i might try out in TVHM at 50. assuming DT can tank well enough at that point.

Last edited by W01fe; October 23rd, 2012 at 04:52 PM.
W01fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2012, 05:29 PM   #2
W01fe

Default Re: gaige=dps DT=tank build

nobody likes? or is it too close to another build?
Old October 23rd, 2012, 05:33 PM   #3
whitenuts

I use something similar on my Tediore setup (only with cooking up trouble instead of potent as a pony and one point in preshrunk instead of rational anarchist, because the low-anarchy + discord play style isn't for me and doesn't really mesh with Tediore well). It works quite well for me, and DT is actually one of my favorite assets, both defensively and offensively.
whitenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2012, 05:38 PM   #4
W01fe

my only real concern about DT is if he is durable enough at 50.
Old October 23rd, 2012, 05:42 PM   #5
whitenuts

He is. As long as he kills fast enough (which he will with good shield effects) he will be able to keep going for a while. Unless you do unreasonable things like letting him fight a Super Badass Loader by himself, but that's a separate matter. Most of the times I have to re-summon him is due to his timer running out.
Old October 23rd, 2012, 05:43 PM   #6
bigdug13

Just make sure you equip a shield that recharges FAST, like sub-two second recharge delay when you summon Deathtrap so that he has that buffer of shield for each engagement. Since he never takes cover, a shield with something like 5 or 6 second recharge delay means he will never see his shields return once he starts fighting.
bigdug13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2012, 05:45 PM   #7
W01fe

good points
Old October 23rd, 2012, 05:51 PM   #8
Quintuplin

Have you tried "plasma anarchist"? It's only really effective at lv 40+, but super great afterwards. Super high DPS, with no reliance on DT or hundreds of anarchy stacks.
Quintuplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2012, 05:54 PM   #9
whitenuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintuplin View Post
Have you tried "plasma anarchist"? It's only really effective at lv 40+, but super great afterwards. Super high DPS, with no reliance on DT or hundreds of anarchy stacks.
From all I understood, he wants to rely on DT...
Old October 23rd, 2012, 05:56 PM   #10
W01fe

its going to be one of the builds i try yes Quintuplin. its just that i dont like the very small increments many of hte LBT moves offer, i like the direction of hte tree itself tho.

this is simply a slightly different idea, getting the main "dps" gaige items then getting the DT survival items=more well rounded to take on the game

in theory at least, im sure vs some things like terramorphus it dont matter lol

edit: whitenuts has it sorta right, i want DT to be a part of this build.