The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old October 25th, 2012, 08:23 AM   #1
NeoandGeo
First Access Club Member

Default Steam Cloud Saves not working right?

Why do the cloud saves say they are syncing, but in reality I am lucky if it really did sync? Wanted to continue my game on my laptop after I verified that the latest Steam cloud sync was done on my desktop, get on the laptop and find that the save that was synced is about 30 minutes behind.
NeoandGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2012, 08:42 AM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
botman
GBX

Default Re: Steam Cloud Saves not working right?

Have you tried shutting down Steam on your desktop to force it to finish syncing to the cloud storage?

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?" - Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
botman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2012, 08:48 AM   #3
NeoandGeo
First Access Club Member

No, When Steam says it has synced the file, I expect that it did. Do you have to make sure to close Steam every time?
Old October 25th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #4
Gamegenie
First Access Club Member

Personally, I need to shutdown steam on my computer to update cloud's saves before lauching on my laptop.

Check my tutorial if you have fatal error, 2k crash and corrupted profile.bin problems!
Sorry for my english, I slept during english class :$
Gamegenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2012, 11:40 AM   #5
NeoandGeo
First Access Club Member

That sucks, I always thought when it said it was syncing and then says 100% synced I was good to go. Stop blatantly lying to me Steam.
Old October 25th, 2012, 12:58 PM   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
botman
GBX

Make sure you do the same on your laptop when you quit (otherwise you won't get the latest files again on your desktop).

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?" - Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
botman is offline   Reply With Quote