The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old October 28th, 2012, 11:56 PM   #11
AnyOther

Default Re: Fight for Your Life Mechanics ?

Has anyone gotten a kill and not been saved? I never noticed this before they released the DLC but now about 2 times a night I will score a kill in FFYL and still be downed.
AnyOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 12:55 AM   #12
cooldude1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyOther View Post
Has anyone gotten a kill and not been saved? I never noticed this before they released the DLC but now about 2 times a night I will score a kill in FFYL and still be downed.
Depends what you mean, I always kill atleast one enemy in every ffyl (besides when I get downed by a damn barrel) but sometimes it will be right as the time is running out and I'll kill someone with a rocket or an elemental DoT and I still die but I get a kill for the FFYL challenged like, kill someone with shock dot while in ffyl and the challenge pops up as I respawn.
cooldude1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 01:07 AM   #13
MrSmileyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyOther View Post
I get this alot, killa n enemy but still in ffyl
MrSmileyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 08:51 AM   #14
Champion puffa
borderaddict.

im pretty sure theres a ffyl bug which will jus insta kill you. its happened to me before. i got downed once an then got back up sheilds an health regend to full then i got downed again. now i should have had a few seconds at least to get a second wind but the meter an time went down imediately i was not even able to fire my gun once before i died.

i should have had a small amount of time but less than i first had when i first got downed. but i died instantly like i would expect on my 4th or 5th ffyl in a row not my second ffly which was well spaced out.
i have no noticed it since it happened the once with axton in solo.

as for not getting a second wind when getting a kill, that only happens to me when i get the kill on the last second of ffyl. too many times il be on the last second an get a kill but it doest register an will jus kill me instead. or i kill the last enemy standing then bam all of sudden im in ffyl without a single enemy left to kill. that happens a lot.

BL1 total pearls:36
1 stalker, 3 bessie, 2 avenger, 2 nemesis, 4 undertaker, 3 tsunami, 1 rose, 2 ironclad, 1 omega

BL2 pearls:

Last edited by Champion puffa; October 29th, 2012 at 08:55 AM.
Champion puffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 09:34 AM   #15
Scottes
Elemental Scientist

I just did an FFYL test in BL2. Well, I can't use a test map this time, so not all conditions were controlled like my BL1 test, but it seemed to work out OK.

I took my shield and Relic off, and found a half dozen low-level bullymongs and let them chew me up. I went FFYL and immediately killed one to get a second wind. And let them chew on me some more. I went FFYL four times in quick succession, and the last one was blazingly fast. Seemed like 1-1.5 seconds before I was a goner.

All of that was identical to BL1, as far as I could tell without doing the massive testing that I did in BL1.

When I got restored/whatever, I went back. This time I went FFYL three times. Knowing that the next one was going to be ultra-short, I ran away and hid for a while. The idea was to let my FFYL timer reset, so I ran for about 40 seconds. Then I went back. They chewed on me, I went FFYL, and I had a full 12ish seconds to get a Second Wind.

Until further notice and/or testing, it is my opinion that FFYL in BL2 works exactly like it did in BL1.
Scottes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2012, 10:05 AM   #16
neo42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottes View Post
I just did an FFYL test in BL2. Well, I can't use a test map this time, so not all conditions were controlled like my BL1 test, but it seemed to work out OK.

I took my shield and Relic off, and found a half dozen low-level bullymongs and let them chew me up. I went FFYL and immediately killed one to get a second wind. And let them chew on me some more. I went FFYL four times in quick succession, and the last one was blazingly fast. Seemed like 1-1.5 seconds before I was a goner.

All of that was identical to BL1, as far as I could tell without doing the massive testing that I did in BL1.

When I got restored/whatever, I went back. This time I went FFYL three times. Knowing that the next one was going to be ultra-short, I ran away and hid for a while. The idea was to let my FFYL timer reset, so I ran for about 40 seconds. Then I went back. They chewed on me, I went FFYL, and I had a full 12ish seconds to get a Second Wind.

Until further notice and/or testing, it is my opinion that FFYL in BL2 works exactly like it did in BL1.

Did you get full health back during those 40 seconds?
neo42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2012, 10:33 AM   #17
EatShit182
Misanthrope

Maybe it's just very bugged, because I remember becoming used to the way it worked in Borderlands 1, but in Borderlands 2 it's still very irrational. Also noticed someone mention and insta-death glitch, I've definitely experienced this as well - and yes I'm sure I didn't just hit 'X'.
EatShit182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2012, 10:55 AM   #18
Scottes
Elemental Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo42 View Post
Did you get full health back during those 40 seconds?
No. I had no health regen capabilities.
Scottes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2012, 11:01 AM   #19
TigerGM

I've always wanted to see detailed information on FFYL such as cooldown and stats. This would be good to know.

Last edited by TigerGM; December 11th, 2012 at 11:01 AM. Reason: typo
TigerGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2012, 11:20 AM   #20
Doorajar
Risen

FFYL is, at least partially, connected to areas. Switching areas resets your bar.