The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands 2 > BL2 Class and Character Talk > Gaige the Mechromancer

Old November 6th, 2012, 02:28 AM   #1
Cykotr0n
Part bionic and organic!

Cool The Shocking B!tch Ver. 1.4 (Lv.50) and 2.0 (Lv.61)

The concept is similar to Atroization's Plasma Anarchist build. His Upping the Fire Rate is a good move. But for my play style I wanted things to die even faster. "I NEED MORE POWER!" as Gaiges voice seemed to exclaim in my head "MORE ANARCHY! MORE! MORE!". Given that the games main DPS is basically Total Damage x Rate of Output (bullet per second) meant I needed to tweak one of those variables further. Discord and The Better Half are good but still limited, so I felt that Atroization's build using Discord as the main focus was weighing down on my play style. Gaiges Anarchy has more potential in terms of ceilings on both variables. This meant that Discord has to take a back seat to full on Anarchy with help from DT (Hence why he gets Upshot Robot and Robot Rampage). With focus on maximizing Anarchy and DT assistance I think I have met my goal of crushing waves of enemies at a faster rate with my kind of play style. As for Discord, I only use it when DT is on cool down and i have over 100+ Stacks of Anarchy while being bombarded by flying mobs. I'll pop Discord for a temporary accuracy increase so I can shoot down what ever it might be with my CC, Thunderball Fists, or my Badaboom x6 Launcher (which is using Explosive damage for those pesky Thunder Badass and Ion mobs). The only Problem I had was going into FFYL more often since I didn't receive the regen from Discord on a regular basis like Atroization's Build. I remedied this by using the Sapping Hail. This gun makes my build mostly complete due to it nursing my HP for 3% damage dealt.

Level 50 Videos:
"That Shocking B!tch, Gaige!" Build - VIDEO
"Shocking B!tch VS Loaders!" - VIDEO
"Invincible Pete Ver.1 Video"
"Shocking B!tch vs Terramorphous"

Level 61 Videos:
"The Shocking B!tch and Minion Lv 61 UVHM vs Round 5 Bandit Slaughter"

Disclaimer:
This is an ADVANCED build. The build can not be fully utilized untill or close to Lv.45. It is highly recommended you use Cooking Up Trouble, Transfusion grenades, or Discord to carry you till you are higher levels and are ready to spec into this build.

Here is a small outline of how you should consider progressing:
Lv.5: Death Trap
Lv.6: Anarchy
Lv.7-11: Cooking Up Trouble
Lv.12-16: Close Enough
Lv.17: Upshot Robot
Lv.18-21: Small Lighter Faster
Lv.22: Robot Rampage
Lv.23-26: Blood Soaked Shields 4/5
Lv.27: Discord
Lv.28: Blood Soaked Shields 5/5 (At 5/5, Find a Nova Shield or Get Flame of the Firehawk shield. The Blackhole Shield is best.)
Lv.29: Preshrunk Cyber Punk 1/5 (optional)
Lv.30-31: Typecast Iconoclast 2/5
Lv.32: Rational Anarchist

Now kick Jacks ass and destroy the Warrior and do TVHM. Now that you have access to Discord, you can re-spec and Move 5 points from Cooking Up Trouble to Myelin and begin your descent into the LBT Tree. Don't forget to skip all side quests so that when you kill Jack a second time, all rewards will level up to Lv.50.

Lv.33-37: The Better Half
Lv.38-42: Shock Storm 5/5
Lv.43: Shock and "AAAHHHHGGG!"
Lv.44-45: Electrical Burn 2/5
Lv.46-47: Evil Enchantress 2/5
Lv.48-50: Wires Don't Talk 3/5

Skill Details lv.50 Ver.1.4 (Link)

If you have level 61 access you will progress as follows:

Skill Details lv.61 Ver. 2.0 (Link)

Electrical Burn +3 points 2/5 > 5/5
Evil Enchantress +3 points 2/5 > 5/5
Wires don't Talk +2 points 3/5 > 5/5
More Pep 5/5 (due to mods and boosts to EE, EB, and WDT) reallocated from Myelin
Interspersed Outburst +3 points 3/5
Typecast Iconoclast +1 point 2/5 > 3/5 (reallocated from Robot Rampage)
Cooking Up Trouble +1 point 1/5 (reallocated from Upshot Robot)

Note: DT will be an optional by reallocation:

Skill Details lv.61 ver. 2.0 w/ Minion (Link)

Strength of the Five Gorillas 5/5 (reallocated from Shock Storm)
Make it Sparkle 1/1 (reallocated from Interspersed Outburst)
Upshot Robot 1/1 (reallocated from Cooking up Trouble)
Robot Rampage 1/1 (reallocated from Typecast Iconoclast)

BFF: 11 Points
Here you will only use 3 skills in this tree. This build's focus is based on you maximizing your damage and not empowering DT. DT for the most part is bugged and even if he wasn't, I would still feel this build would have better DPS potential. However, I will say if had more Skill points to use I would get Cooking up trouble and Explosive clap.

Close Enough: 5/5
This is of course a must for any self respecting Gaige utilizing Anarchy.

The Better Half: 5/5
Any increase to rate of output will help with DPS.

Upshot Robot: 1/1 (Lv.51+ Optional)
At level 61 Access, you can choose to ditch or keep him. If you decide to ditch him, reallocate Upshot Robot 1/1 to Cooking up Trouble 1/5.
While DT is not going to be your focus, having him on the field does help from becoming over whelmed in dense mob areas or entrenched bosses.

LBT: 18 Points
Here is where the bulk of your points will be used. We will be picking up some added electrical DPS as well as some increase to corrode and burn.

Myelin: 5/5
More Pep works but it sucks. It only gives you a percentage more of the weapons percentage to cause an effect. Unless you get Evil Enchantress, Electrical Burn, and Wires Don't Talk maxed out.

Example: Lets say a Maliwan Plasma Caster has a 16.9% chance to cause electrocution. More Pep 5/5 would give you 20% of 16.9% more chance. 20% of 16.9% is an additional 3.38% giving a new total of 20.28% chance.

It took 5 points just to do that. That sucks. Myelin gives better bonuses and returns than More Pep for 5 points in comparison. So we are going to pick Myelin over More Pep here unless you have UVHM access.

Note: When leveling to 61, reallocate Myelin 5/5 to More Pep 5/5 at your convenience. We do this because it will finally shine when you have points to juice the others skills (Evil Enchantress, Electrical Burn, and Wires Don't Talk). Otherwise its kinda poopy.

Shock Storm: 5/5
After Myelin, this tier opens up with 3 skills to choose from. We don't pick The Stare because (IMHO) its not as cool as chained lightning coming from DT. We also don't pick Strength of 5 Gorillas because again DT is gonna help you do DPS not do it all for you. Secondly since we are gonna be kinda spread out on the tree we need to use those precious points in other places that are more constant. Now Shock storm is great for many things. For one, it can be used on mobs that take cover or group up. All u need to do is head shot his/her buddy and let them combust all over their friend. For two it will help your moral to see them burst open in an Tesla like fashion as you tear through waves of blood thirsty mobs.

Shock and "AAAHHHGGGG!": 1/1
Free electrical explosions every reload? SIGN ME UP!

Note: The next skills we get here will need to have Catalyst or Zapper mods to help them since we ran out of points to give these skills. If you get UVHM access though that rule changes.

Evil Enchantress: 2/5
Finally a wonderful kill skill reveals itself! Really shows its flare after a kill for your electrical build! its a shame I couldn't go 5/5 on this but as soon as Wires Don't Talk opens, we are spending the last 3 points we have in that. Thankfully the mods we will be using will enhance this well enough.

Electrical Burn: 2/5
I have to give credit to Maya for picking this out. This will proc about 8% of the time unless you pair up with an Zapper mod which will enhance it. It will nearly 2 fold your Electrocution damage by adding Burn Effect with the same damage. I say nearly because your shock damage is more enhanced in the build thus Electrocution will show a bigger number if the effect goes off. Also Evil Enchantress will affect the damage as well making it a good skill to have enhanced or not.

Wires Don't Talk: 3/5
This is the only constant we are ever gonna get for shock damage outside relics. If we ever get a patch to get more levels, this and Evil Enchantress are gonna be the first skills i will cap. For now we will make up for this in a +5/6 from a class mod.

Note: We can also choose to reallocate skills to get Make it Sparkle and Interspersed Outburst or juice Interspersed Outburst and ditch Make It Sparkle. This will be optional.

OC: 16 Points
This is where we will get our better DPS multiplier. We will still be getting Discord so we can still call upon accuracy when the situation comes up and the occasional premature reload. The potential here is over whelming indeed and will synergize with our weapon load out and our other 2 trees.

Anarchy: 1/1
This is with out saying. If you don't use Anarchy on Gaige... you can stop reading now and forget you ever bought or tried Gaige.

Smaller, Lighter, Faster: 4/4
This build will utilize mostly fast reload shotguns, SMG's, and AR's. This really compliments DPS Rate of fire.

Robot Rampage:1/1 (Lv.51+ Optional)
Depending on If you choose to keep DT or this point can be reallocated to Typecast Iconoclast.
Pretty much the only DT skill that easy to get and only has a draw back with a sound loop you have to get used to hearing. 7 swipes when he has like a stack 15 Upshot Robot is quite a nice sight and does help your DT survive if he can 1 shot enemies.

Preshrunk Cyberpunk: 1/5
This is purely optional. Everyone has a comfort level of inaccuracy/damage increase. Mine lies between 150 and 200. After 200 stacks I pretty much lose control on my guns aim and basically my DPS rate with my play style begins to dip.

Blood Soaked Shields: 5/5
This skill IMHO makes Gaige invincible as long as she can kill an enemy. This Skill will best benefit from Shields that can go Nova or are extremely healthy. The best compliment to this skill is a Fire Hawk, Black Hole, or Devastating Type. Only thing needed to cover its drawback is a way to get constant health. Our build will forgo Cooking Up Trouble and using Discord fluently so we will get our fix from a Lv. 50 Moxxxi gun or a healing type weapon.

Discord: 1/1
We will use this as a situational skill since we want stacks of Anarchy beyond +26 to get our optimal DPS at higher stacks. the only times we pop Discord is if we have flying enemy(s) between DT cool downs. Use this to swat them down then unpop to resume optimal DPS.

Typecast Iconoclast: 2/5
I like freebies and two for ones are always welcomed.

Rational Anarchist: 1/1
Did I mention I like freebies? 25 freebies? Hell yea we are picking it up!

Weapons and Gear Load Out

Primary Weapon: Electric Hail/Plasma Caster.
There are many guns that heal you. There are many guns that have good fire rates. There are many guns that are electric. But having all 3 in 1 weapon is genius! The Electric Hail or something similar (if you know a better weapon with these 3 traits, post it please) is so far the best gun for this build. It comes in 4 elemental varieties and only can be obtained on Lv.50 ONCE! If you don't get the right Hail of the electric variety, you can exit game with out saving and try again. Only way to get a second try for an electric type after that method is to have you or a buddy take a character all the way to 50 and do the quest over.
Of the Plasma Caster vendors, Hyperion and Tediore seem to be the best. You will be looking for the best damage and rate of fire you can find in a Caster type.

"Plasma Caster Vs. The Hail Video"
Warning: Even though the Hail has superior DPS potential versus even the best Purple Plasma Caster (not shown in video but close enough in stats), it has a "Mortar" mechanic that some may not like due to preference or lack of skill. For those that can not stand the mechanic or choose not to learn it, I suggest the Plasma Caster.

Here's a breakdown of the Hail Types courtesy of DDuckMan:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDuckMan View Post
This is an expanded repost of a summary I made a while back:

Highest base damage for each prefix (grip):

Rabid ----- 6848 (Jakobs)
Ferocious - 6848 (Jakobs)
Swift ----- 6167 (Jakobs)
Sapping -- 6167 (Jakobs)
Lowest --- 5582 (Vladof, Dahl)

Highest DPS all prefixes (grip):

Rabid (Vladof) ---- 67.7k
Rabid (Torgue) ---- 65.5k
Rabid (Bandit) ---- 62.7k
Rabid (Jakobs) ---- 61.6k
Swift (Vladof) ---- 61.4k
Rabid (Dahl) ------ 60.8k
Swift (Torgue) ---- 60.7k
Swift (Bandit) ---- 57.8k
Swift (Jakobs) ---- 56.7k
Swift (Dahl) ------ 55.8k
Ferocious (Vladof) - 54.5k
Sapping (Vladof) --- 54.1k *no prefix
Sapping (Torgue) -- 52.8k *no prefix
Ferocious (Torgue) - 52.7k
Ferocious (Bandit) - 50.4k
Sapping (Bandit) --- 50.3k *no prefix
Ferocious (Jakobs) - 49.3k
Sapping (Jakobs) -- 49.3k *no prefix
Ferocious (Dahl) --- 48.9k
Sapping (Dahl) ----- 48.6k *no prefix

(Expansive will have the same DPS as the Sapping versions)

Highest effective DPS (accounting for reload/mag size) all prefixes (grip):

Rabid (Vladof) ----- 37.9k
Expansive (Vladof) - 35.7k
Swift (Vladof) ----- 34.1k
Ferocious (Vladof) - 33.4k
Sapping (Vladof) --- 31.7k *no prefix
Rabid (Bandit) ----- 30.1k
Expansive (Bandit) - 29.5k
Rabid (Jakobs) ----- 29.2k
Expansive (Torgue) - 29.2k
Rabid (Torgue) ----- 29.0k
Expansive (Jakobs) - 28.9k
Rabid (Dahl) -------- 28.5k

Lowest ------------- 24.1k

Base damage and, to some extent, accuracy determine ammo efficiency. It's tempting to go for a Rabid Hail with a Vladof grip but it's 77.3 accuracy will cut into that damage number even with Close Enough. That's not just because you are relying more on lower damage reflected shots, but also because you will get fewer crits. The Hail crit bonus is very high so that is a lot to give up. On the other hand, damage is most important against bosses that don't seem to have crit spots. Rabid guns also have high ammo consumption.

If you prefer the much better accuracy of the non-Rabid variants, the Swift accessory does the most damage over time (edit: actually Expansive does). However you pay an ammo consumption penalty (Swift Vladof RoF=11) that could cause problems in boss fights. Also, it's increased velocity means you have to aim lower to hit your target. It exaggerates the unique aiming mechanic of the Hail that steers most people away from it. (I'm starting to wonder if some of the people that say the Hail is unusable had Swift versions?)

The Ferocious accessory does nearly the damage of the Swift versions but it is much more ammo efficient (Ferocious Vladof RoF=8.7). In other words it allows you to deliver the most total damage from the ammo you can carry. It also retains the maximum accuracy for the Hail so it probably competes well with Rabid versions unless you are at close range with low anarchy.

Overall I think Ferocious is the best prefix with the fewest drawbacks, but you could certainly make a case for Rabid, Expansive, or Swift depending on your playstyle. Effective DPS only really comes into play with boss killing. In general play you will rarely need to reload to kill a single target. So, for general play DPS is most important. Swift and Rabid come out on top, followed by Ferocious if you have ammo issues. For boss killing eDPS and ammo consumption are the most important stats. If you consider both, I think Ferocious is best overall, followed by Expansive (higher eDPS but lower total damage capacity). Rabid and Swift are also good but Rabid suffers from missed shots and Swift is held back by lower total damage capacity.

The Vladof grip yields the best versions in any prefix (2.7 reload). In fact, a Vladof grip and no prefix (Sapping) completes well with prefixed Hails from the other manufactures.
---------------------------

To identify your grip, you only need to know reload speed and magazine size. They are always the same except for the Expansive variants, which are 51,42,42,42,48.

Grips - Reload - Mag

Vladof -- 2.7 - 37
Torgue - 3.9 - 30
Jakobs - 3.7 - 30
Dahl --- 3.5 - 30
Bandit - 3.9 - 35

--------------------------------------

Relevant prefixes:

Ferocious - adds damage // reduces RoF
Rabid ----- adds damage and RoF // reduces accuracy
Swift ----- adds bullet speed and RoF // reduces nothing
Expansive - adds to magazine // reduces nothing
Secondary Weapons: You can pretty much use what ever you like for the next 3 slots. For my second slot, I use a Caustic/Acid weapon for those pesky Ion Loaders. For the third slot you basically you want a gun that will carry you if you run out of primary ammo. This can be any shock weapon you want but I would suggest an SMG if you main an AR and an AR if you main a SMG. The fourth slot is assumed by a Badaboom just in case I run into Thunder mobs.

Shocking B!tch's Armory:
These Weapons are suggested for use with this build. Its a general rule of thumb that any shock weapon can be used with this Build but I will suggest "the Best of the Best" here.

Automatic Riffle:
Miss Moxxi's Hail
Miss Moxxi's Kitten
Shredifier
Veruc

Sub Machine Gun:
Plasma Caster (Tediore and Hyperion strongly suggested)
Sandhawk
Miss Moxxi's Good Touch

Shotgun:
Confrence Call
MIss Moxxi's Heart Breaker
Orphan Maker
Practicable Slow Hand
Jolly Roger
Sledge's Shotgun
Triquetra
Striker

Pistol/Handgun:
Redundant Fibber
Thunderball Fist
Miss Moxxi's Rubi
DVA Anarchist
Maggie

Sniper Rifle: (For all you Annie Oakleys' out there)
Lyuda
Pimpernel

Rocket Launchers:
Badaboom
Norfleet
Miss Moxxi's Creamer

Shields: Black Hole, a Lv.50 Flame of the Firehawk, Devastating Shock Nova Shield or at least a Turtle Shield. The Bee is nice but its only good if you aren't being hit and this build is made to be in the thick of it. Besides the Bee is meant for boss raids where you are avoiding being hit.
Other Shields (uses with this builds are situational):
Hide of Terra
Hoplite
Fabled Tortoise
The Sham
Evolution

Grenade Mod: I am fond of the Tesla types with little to no fuse and preferably a longbow type. A lv.50 Longbow Storm Front would be best! Can also use a Lv.50 Longbow Slag Betty/Bonnie just as well.

Class Mod: You want a purple/blue Wired Catalyst or Jill of all Trades mod. The Catalyst mod will be used for setups that don't main an AR and want to enhance your Electrical DoT.

Relic: The strongest Shock Damage Relic you can find, that 5% loot relic for raid boss drops, and a Sherif's Badge for Fibber or your favorite pistol.

For Raid Bosses:
At Lv.50, you can re-spec into The Shocking B!tch, Juiced v1.2! build. It sacrifices DT buffs to turn up WDT to 5/5 and allocates a point into Typecast or Preshrunk. Now also changes out Shock Storm for More Pep with Shock and Aughhh relocated to Evil Mistress and will utilize Slayer of Terramorphous mod.

At Lv.61 you can re-spec into The Shocking B!tch, Juiced v2.0 Gives you IO 5/5, TBH 5/5 and Buck Up 1/1. Buck up will help keep your shields up and wont help boss as long as you don't have The Stare.
Maya Builds:
The Battle Angel Maya Build Lv.61: M 17, H 12, C 27 Build; Maximized Gun DPS build with Team support capabilities utilizing the Antagonist Shield. Lv.61 only.

Last edited by Cykotr0n; August 10th, 2013 at 07:59 AM.
Cykotr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2012, 03:48 AM   #2
Telzen

Default Re: The Shocking B!tch, Gaige Build

Do you have physics cut to high? Man it makes the game look so sweet. Ah yeah and cool build. Using that gun with Gaige as well but I'm still in PL1 with her.
Telzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2012, 03:50 AM   #3
Cykotr0n
Part bionic and organic!

Every setting is at max except PhysX which is at Medium setting. I am using ATI/AMD 6970 Cards from 2 years ago.
Maya Builds:
The Battle Angel Maya Build Lv.61: M 17, H 12, C 27 Build; Maximized Gun DPS build with Team support capabilities utilizing the Antagonist Shield. Lv.61 only.

Last edited by Cykotr0n; November 6th, 2012 at 03:56 AM.
Old November 6th, 2012, 12:18 PM   #4
Slayer Jesse
Automated Death Deployer

there's no way i could aim that gun as well as you do, lol. i find plasma anarhicst melts faces well enough as is, and i love constant discord. (not riffing on you or anything, thats just me.) i think i'll stick with my tediore smg and vladof ar etech's

My Borderlands and Full Metal Alchemist Crossover: The Alchemist And The Anarchist.
69 Delta Force Axton, 69 Plasma Anarchist Gaige (Kill it with turrets and electricity, respectively.)
Slayer Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2012, 11:33 PM   #5
Cykotr0n
Part bionic and organic!

/Bump

Now with Build details.
Maya Builds:
Old November 6th, 2012, 11:39 PM   #6
Maya
Gearbox Addict

Do your Shock DoTs really matter enough to warrant so many points in Evil Enchantress? It never worked out for me.

Also, MFW I found out that the Hail was a Moxxi gun! I picked up a Shock-elemental Rabid Hail, and it's a great addition to Gaige's arsenal, alongside her Redundant Fibber (now a sidearm).

I'm wondering if there are any more great Unique guns out there to consider. Shame there isn't Shock-elemental Moxxi's Touch weapon.
Old November 6th, 2012, 11:54 PM   #7
Cykotr0n
Part bionic and organic!

Only reason Enchantress has 4 in it is because Wires Don't Talk wouldnt open till then. As for the fibber ill have to get that.
Maya Builds:
Old November 6th, 2012, 11:56 PM   #8
Maya
Gearbox Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cykotr0n View Post
Only reason Enchantress has 4 in it is because Wires Don't Talk wouldnt open till then. As for the fibber ill have to get that.
What do you think of Electrical Burn? If you were going for Wired Zapper instead of Catalyst? 4/5 Burn.
Old November 7th, 2012, 12:05 AM   #9
Cykotr0n
Part bionic and organic!

Electrical Burn at 4/5 only gives a 16 percent a chance of doing some extra fire damage. Id rather go with 4/5 Evil Enchantress for a 24 percent more Shock Damage. With my Current mod it reads +48 Percent extra damage. most of the Wired Mods i get don't even get Electrical burn on them. Its usually Shock Storm +4, Evil Enchantress +4 Wires Don't Talk +5.

Edit: My bad, Wired mods do get electrical burn.
Maya Builds:

Last edited by Cykotr0n; November 7th, 2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old November 7th, 2012, 12:09 AM   #10
Zelisius

Instead of popping discord for those arial pests, why not get a Dahlminator or any other E-Tech gun with homing abilities?

My Shop: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/sh...d.php?t=184961

People always ask me if I have finished BL2 yet? When I tell them "No", they ask "How come?"
"Because, I still have inventory space!!!" I say.
Zelisius is offline   Reply With Quote