The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old November 10th, 2012, 01:31 AM   #1
whisk
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 403
Default Uncle Teddy: Odd quest rewards

I think this quest's rewards are messed up.

Turn the blue print to Hyperion --> you get a Jacobs shotgun.
Turn the blue print to Una Baha (who has a grudge against Hyperion) --> you get a Hyperion pistol.

Also, the Hyperion woman who contacts you mentions a "Hyperion armament." Shouldn't it be the Hyperion Lady Fist instead?

I want the TK Wave, but I don't want to be a ******* asshole.

Maybe GBX made a mistake? This should be fix I think.

Last edited by whisk; November 10th, 2012 at 01:32 AM.
whisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2012, 01:35 AM   #2
dirty zs
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 813
Default Re: Uncle Teddy: Odd quest rewards

the lady finger from the first game was the first gun TK ever made and he remade if for his niece and renamed it the lady fist
dirty zs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2012, 01:36 AM   #3
Deadlysyns
Member
 
Deadlysyns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,088
Default Re: Uncle Teddy: Odd quest rewards

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty zs View Post
the lady finger from the first game was the first gun TK ever made and he remade if for his niece and renamed it the lady fist
maybe it should of been a Bandit gun then Teddy never worked for Hyperion or anything so why is it a Hyperion gun
Deadlysyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2012, 01:43 AM   #4
whisk
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 403
Default Re: Uncle Teddy: Odd quest rewards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadlysyns View Post
maybe it should of been a Bandit gun then Teddy never worked for Hyperion or anything so why is it a Hyperion gun
Yea this. It should be manufactured by Jacobs/Bandit/Atlas/S&S... anything but Hyperion.
whisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2012, 01:44 AM   #5
Tredain
Black & White
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cleft of Nowhere
Posts: 571
Default Re: Uncle Teddy: Odd quest rewards

It basically -is- a Hyperion gun though, that's the whole point of the quest. Hyperion stole Baha's tech, so their guns use stuff -he- invented. So, even though Hyperion didn't make it, it's hyperion because of the tech it uses (and I doubt Gearbox wanted to make a custom brand with its own modifiers for -one- gun)

At least that was my take on it.
Tredain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2012, 01:46 AM   #6
Deadlysyns
Member
 
Deadlysyns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,088
Default Re: Uncle Teddy: Odd quest rewards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredain View Post
It basically -is- a Hyperion gun though, that's the whole point of the quest. Hyperion stole Baha's tech, so their guns use stuff -he- invented. So, even though Hyperion didn't make it, it's hyperion because of the tech it uses (and I doubt Gearbox wanted to make a custom brand with its own modifiers for -one- gun)

At least that was my take on it.
but what about the Jakobs shot gun you get that is supposed to be a Hyperion gun
Deadlysyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2012, 01:48 AM   #7
Tredain
Black & White
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cleft of Nowhere
Posts: 571
Default Re: Uncle Teddy: Odd quest rewards

Yeah, that might be messed up.

Though it could be because it's not a unique shotgun? It's just an X-rarity shotgun, so it can roll as any manufacturer? Idk, just guessing, I only did the quest once and haven't gotten that far along with my other games yet. Plus I totally picked the Lady Fist, screw Hyperion.
Tredain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2012, 01:50 AM   #8
whisk
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 403
Default Re: Uncle Teddy: Odd quest rewards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredain View Post
It basically -is- a Hyperion gun though, that's the whole point of the quest. Hyperion stole Baha's tech, so their guns use stuff -he- invented. So, even though Hyperion didn't make it, it's hyperion because of the tech it uses (and I doubt Gearbox wanted to make a custom brand with its own modifiers for -one- gun)

At least that was my take on it.
This is where everything falls apart.

-Hyperion stole TK's design, then made a shotgun called Tidal Wave based on that design.
-That very same shotgun, for some reason was manufactured by Jacob's, despite the fact that it was made by Hyperion.
-The Hyperion woman promised you a "Hyperion armament" as a reward, which turns out to be the Jacob's shotgun.

-The Lady Fist is the unique gun TK made for Una.
-Made by TK himself.
-But is manufactured by Hyperion, their enemy.

Wtf?

Last edited by whisk; November 10th, 2012 at 01:55 AM.
whisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2012, 02:15 AM   #9
dirty zs
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 813
Default Re: Uncle Teddy: Odd quest rewards

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisk View Post
This is where everything falls apart.

-Hyperion stole TK's design, then made a shotgun called Tidal Wave based on that design.
-That very same shotgun, for some reason was manufactured by Jacob's, despite the fact that it was made by Hyperion.
-The Hyperion woman promised you a "Hyperion armament" as a reward, which turns out to be the Jacob's shotgun.

-The Lady Fist is the unique gun TK made for Una.
-Made by TK himself.
-But is manufactured by Hyperion, their enemy.

Wtf?
i think you are looking way to much into it. im all about the story but this is way to much thinking
dirty zs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2012, 02:32 AM   #10
whisk
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 403
Default Re: Uncle Teddy: Odd quest rewards

I guess...

But ya know, at least the Lady Fist shouldn't be manufactured by Hyperion. >_<
Me think the manufacturers should be swapped.
whisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.