The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old November 14th, 2012, 10:28 AM   #1
goeagles5039

Default Explosive Norfleet?

Can you get them legitimately? Someone said no because they are Maliwan but some say yes. I want it but only if it is legit.
Old November 14th, 2012, 10:33 AM   #2
Murilo182

Default Re: Explosive Norfleet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goeagles5039 View Post
Can you get them legitimately? Someone said no because they are Maliwan but some say yes. I want it but only if it is legit.
I don't think so. Maliwan weapons are never explosive, but always carry one of the other four elements.
Old November 14th, 2012, 11:04 AM   #3
Vizjun

E-Techs ALWAYS have an element, except some quest rewards (like the bandit AR from Doc Mercy quest). If they don't, it's not legitimate ; or, in rare cases, is the result of a bug.

Old November 14th, 2012, 11:11 AM   #4
Blutfatal
Elite God of Flakkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizjun View Post
E-Techs ALWAYS have an element, except some quest rewards (like the bandit AR from Doc Mercy quest). If they don't, it's not legitimate ; or, in rare cases, is the result of a bug.
not true they spawn fairly commonly with no element.Use the search function or look at the item of the day.

But no norfleet can not come in explosive.
Old November 14th, 2012, 11:15 AM   #5
Hypertion

maliwan never lacks elemental damage. since the norfleet is maliwan it cant be explosive.

if you want something similar try for a prazma cannon without elemental damage. its a bandit gun so its possible.

for note, Prazma Cannons are E-Tech Launchers that act like the Norfleet and launch 3 projectiles.

Last edited by Hypertion; November 14th, 2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old November 14th, 2012, 11:36 AM   #6
Vizjun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutfatal View Post
not true they spawn fairly commonly with no element.Use the search function or look at the item of the day.

But no norfleet can not come in explosive.
Which is the result of a bug in the item generation, it's like items without material. If you look in the game files, you can see that e-tech balance and barrels can only spawn with 4 elements.

On game files it appears like this (for an AR) : GD_Weap_AssaultRifle.elemental.AR_Elemental_Fire (_Shock, _Slag, _Corrosive)

When an e-tech comes without an element it's just shown as "None", which means the part is missing here. Non-elemental is "GD_Weap_Pistol.elemental.Pistol_Elemental_Non e" and it can't spawn on e-tech barrels.

You can try to edit an e-tech AR and add "GD_Weap_Pistol.elemental.Pistol_Elemental_Non e", it will just result as your item being deleted.

Old November 14th, 2012, 12:24 PM   #7
Blutfatal
Elite God of Flakkers

Quote:
Which is the result of a bug in the item generation, it's like items without material. If you look in the game files, you can see that e-tech balance and barrels can only spawn with 4 elements.

On game files it appears like this (for an AR) : GD_Weap_AssaultRifle.elemental.AR_Elemental_Fire (_Shock, _Slag, _Corrosive)

When an e-tech comes without an element it's just shown as "None", which means the part is missing here. Non-elemental is "GD_Weap_Pistol.elemental.Pistol_Elemental_Non e" and it can't spawn on e-tech barrels.

You can try to edit an e-tech AR and add "GD_Weap_Pistol.elemental.Pistol_Elemental_Non e", it will just result as your item being deleted.
I could do that, but id get banned seeing as I am a console player.

But what im saying that they are legit because they do drop but they aren't all that rare, well darts aren't. Ive found 14 non-ele darts so far.
Old November 14th, 2012, 12:25 PM   #8
HorrorPastry
First Access Club Member

Quote:

I'd be interested to know if the same thing applies to pistols - I have 3 non-ele Hyperion etechs which seems to be a pretty high rate for a bug to be occurring.

EDIT: Yeah, what the guy above this post said..

Last edited by HorrorPastry; November 14th, 2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old November 14th, 2012, 12:27 PM   #9
Scrap Nemesis
banned

Uh.... the norfleet is always incendiary you noobs.
Old November 14th, 2012, 12:29 PM   #10
Blutfatal
Elite God of Flakkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorPastry View Post
I'd be interested to know if the same thing applies to pistols - I have 3 non-ele Hyperion etechs which seems to be a pretty high rate for a bug to be occurring.
there are loot bug like gub spawning with no manufacturer.
But this happens to frequently for me to call it a bug, I have to call it a rare drop.

@scrap no it isn't. It spawns in shock and corrosive also.
Closed Thread